This Creamy Chicken & Broccoli Over Rice is such an easy and delicious meal to make in your crock pot! Make a healthy, slow-cooked dinner for your family with minimal effort!
Easy Crock Pot Chicken Recipe
This chicken and broccoli crock pot recipe is one of our very favorites, especially for Sunday dinner! I’m such a fan of quick fix simple family dinner ideas. This Creamy Crock Pot Chicken Broccoli Over Rice has been a family favorite crock pot recipe for years. It literally takes 5 minutes to get everything in the crock pot…you close the lid and forget about it for a few hours. Serve this saucy chicken and broccoli over steamed rice and dinner is served. This recipe makes for great leftovers too. We’ve even had the chicken inside burritos the next day or over toast. Lots of options.
Try my Pesto Ranch Crock Pot Chicken Thighs too! Follow Picky Palate on Instagram for daily recipe inspiration!
Here are your ingredients. Simple simple!! You’ll add everything but the broccoli and sour cream to the crockpot. Cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6. Right before serving you will add your sour cream and steamed broccoli. Love this dinner!
Just about ready to serve!
If you like this recipe, check out my other popular crock pot recipes!
Hope you enjoy my Creamy Crockpot Chicken and Broccoli Over Rice!
Creamy Chicken & Broccoli Over Rice
- Slow Cooker
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 14 ounce can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 14 ounce can Cheddar Soup
- 14 ounces Chicken Broth
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 6 cups steamed broccoli florets Boiled in hot water for 3 minutes then drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Place soups, chicken broth, Cajun and garlic salt into a crockpot over low heat. Whisk until smooth. Add chicken, pressing to the bottom. Cover lid and cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 3 hours.
- When chicken is cooked, use 2 forks to shred into bite size pieces. Stir in sour cream and broccoli.
- Serve over steamed rice and sprinkle with cheese if desired.
Homemade Cheese Sauce
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups finely shredded mild cheddar cheese
- To prepare roux, melt butter into a medium saucepan over medium heat. Once melted whisk in flour, salt and pepper. Stir and cook for 3-4 minutes until color of roux will gets slightly darker. Slowly whisk in broth, stirring continuously until thickened, about 2 minutes. Reduce heat to a simmer and stir in cheese until melted.
- Please note, if you choose the homemade sauce, you have to prepare it first, you can't just add all of the ingredients to the crockpot. You'll also cook your chicken breast in the broth first, shred then add the homemade cheese sauce. Before serving add sour cream and steamed broccoli.