Don't miss a single recipe from Picky Palate: sign up for my weekly newsletter

Aug
2008

Brownie Swirled Peanut Butter Oreo Cookies

Cookies

Good Sunday everyone! How fast did summer fly by?!! I can’t believe school is tomorrow morning! Crazy. I can’t picture my little guy eating lunch at school, I wonder if they’ll let me go spy on him to make sure he’s ok! His teacher is awesome, I know this will be a good year.

Ok, are you ready for another Oreo cookie creation? This one is even crazier than the last one and it has that great chocolate/peanut butter combo that we all love! There’s one catch, you have to make brownies too, I know, how horrible!

If you don’t feel like making brownies, you can certainly leave out the brownie swirls, but I wouldn’t! I love the broken Oreo’s in the peanut butter cookies, talk about a treat! Look in your pantry, I bet you’ve got all the ingredients to make them tonight. Happy Baking and good luck with the first day of school tomorrow if your kids start then too!!

Brownie Swirled Peanut Butter Oreo Cookies

1 stick butter
½ Cup peanut butter
½ Cup sugar
½ Cup brown sugar
1 egg
½ teaspoon vanilla
1 ¼ Cups flour
¾ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt

8 oreos broken into pieces

1 Brownie mix of choice

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cream the butter and sugars until well combined. Add in peanut butter until well combined. With mixer on low beat in egg and vanilla until smooth.

2. Sift flour, baking soda and powder, and salt into a large bowl. With mixer on low slowly add in dry ingredients and broken oreos until just combined. Pour cookie dough onto a rimmed cookie sheet and press to about ½ inch thick, doesn’t have to be totally flat or reach edges of cookie sheet, just spread out.

3. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions. Take 3 tablespoons of brownie batter and drizzle evenly over cookie dough. Take a toothpick and gently swirl brownie batter into cookie dough only a few times. You should be able to see clear brownie swirls.

4. With a medium cookie scoop, scoop cookie dough with brownie swirls onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until cookies are cooked through but still soft. Let cool for 3 minutes on baking sheet before transferring to a cooling rack to cool. Serve and enjoy!

**Save and bake the remaining brownie batter after cookies are done baking at 350 degrees F. according to package directions***

Coming next are some great little pizza’s on one of my favorite quick and easy crusts, See you soon!

Comments

lissel says:

These cookies look amazing. I was wondering if I can substitute a peanut butter alternative (we use a product called SunButter) for the peanut butter? My daughter is allergic to all things peanut. There are quite a few recipes of yours that I have been wanting to try, but quite a few use peanut butter, and well, you can see my dillema. Thanks!

Deanna says:

Throwing on a baseball cap and headed to the store to get some Oreos. If they have to go to school then they deserve to have some of these ooey gooey delicious cookies (and me too!) I have major back to school blues. Summer is toooooo short!

natalie says:

omg these cookies look soooooo good! gives me more reason to make brownies AND buy oreos!!!!

Kevin says:

Those cookies look so good!

carol says:

OH MY!!!! Jenny-this is my first time posting here—all I can say is WOW what wonderful looking cookies these are! I ca’t wait until I have time to really go through your blog-I’ll most likely be in recipe heaven!
    I saw you on the Food Network “Build A Better Burger” challenges…..I thought you did great!!!! What pressure that must be!
    I’m thinking I’m gonna have a ton of fun reading here! :)
    Carol

Hi Lissel,
    I wish that I knew if that substitute would work in the cookies. I would try it out in a half batch, that way if it doesn’t work, you didn’t waste too much. Let me know if it is a success! Best of luck. That is quite the dillema.

Hi Deanna,
    Hope you enjoy these cookies!

Thanks Natalie, Enjoy!

Thanks Kevin!

Hi Carol,
    Great to have you here. Hope you’ll find some good recipes for you and your family!! These cookies would be my first place to start! Let me know how everything goes.

Domestic Accident says:

OMG, those cookies look to die for. Looking away, must look away

Jeena says:

Jenny your cookies are always so great and I love how unique all of your recipes are. These look so amazinga dn when I read the ‘swirled’ part I thought OH YUM!

jana says:

I’m so hooked on your website! Everything looks delicious! I cna’t wait to make these for FHE! YUMMY!!

Emiline says:

I love using Oreos in desserts and baked goods. They are so good!
    I know I would like these.

Prudy says:

Time for Sunday cookies! Thanks for the great idea.

Fran Z says:

These look pretty yummy, never thought of baking cookies into cookies!!
    Hey, I have those dessert plates also! (I think!)

Lisa says:

Oh, I bet your son would like these in his lunch box. Wow, school starts already? In NJ, we still have another month of summer vacation.

Stephanie says:

Wow, those look so delicious! You always make such incredible cookies and sweets!!

bunny says:

on the first day of school i always make cookies and these look great!! you come up with some pretty darn good recipes!!

Sara says:

Oh my gosh…I just made your other Oreo Chocolate Chip cookies last weekend and now you’re throwing these out there too?! :) They look delicious. BTW I was watching Food Network yesterday and saw you on the Building a Better Burger contest! When I realized it was you, I said to my husband, “I read her blog!!” He wasn’t quite as excited as me, but oh well. Your burgers looked very tasty.

Laura says:

I can not believe how sinful all your desserts are. They are totally over the top. Definitely something to impress. I can wait to see your pizza recipe.

Beth says:

They look lovely and chewy, just the way I like them

Kim A says:

What, I didn’t realize Mason started school tomorrow!! Tell him good luck from his best Aunt Kim!! What are these cookies??? Brownies, choc. chips AND oreos….our New York diet starts in a few weeks right??!!

hot garlic says:

Honestly, how do you stay so thin with all of these DECADENT treats around, seriously! I will have to try these after I am done with my ‘diet’. I’m not really on a diet, just trying {and failing} to be good right now!

They look so, SO good.

Clumbsy Cookie says:

WOW! How can these not be great? Brownies, peanut butter and oreos? That’s like a sweet tooth’s dream come true! Where’s the other half of that cookie you’re dunking? Can I have it?

Katrina says:

Holy Cow! You make some gooy looking goodies!

Katherine Aucoin says:

Wow your cookies look amazing. Good way to get the children off to a fist day of school with a good attitude!

Lore says:

Well my mom would’ve definitely convince me into drinking more milk if these cookies would’ve waited for me next to the glass. So today is the big day, right? Hope everything went well and can’t wait to reed more about your little guy’s first day at school.

Patsyk says:

Boy, those cookies look good! I probably do have everything in my pantry to make those right now. :)

Anne says:

Those look fabulous Jenny! I’m always inspired when I stop by.

Mary Ann says:

Those look fabulous! I wanted to thank you. After looking at your blog for months, you have inspired me to try and create my own recipes without being afraid. Thanks for always being creative and honest. And thanks for taking the time to check out my blog and comment.

Cara says:

Ok, I’m speechless! These look amazing! You’ve been cranking out some great oreo creations lately! I need to try these for sure.

Candy says:

Oh my goodness! You start school so early! We still have 3 weeks! Cookies look wonderful.

Candy

Greg C says:

Those cookies look great. Around here we are forbidden from simply dropping by the classroom to see what is going on. I guess the teachers need time to put away their whips and chains before a parent shows up. Haha

Haley says:

We would like to feature this recipe on our blog. Please email haleyglasco@gmail.com if interested. Thanks :)

Haley

Stephanie says:

There’s an award for you on my blog! :-)

2008/08/couple-awards.html

Aggie says:

Um…these can’t get any better. All my favorite things in one cookie!!

Sara says:

You never cease to amaze me with your cookies. These are so creative and I am excited to try them out with my family.

Dave and Autumn says:

Jenny, this is Autumn (Peterson) Prince. I know you from the old
    22nd ward! ( I think you were closer to my sisters, Heidi, age)I came across your blog and your baking looks amazing! Anyone who knows me, knows I love to bake! I know you have a sister named kim and your mom was my young women leader(Although I cannot remember her last name for the life of me!) Anyway, it’s good to see you again and I see you married into the old ward as well. They are a great family! You’re going on my favorites links!

shanda says:

I have been trying your recipes alot this month and my husband is in food heaven! I tried the cookies today and they turned out perfect on the first try.

Leslie says:

OMG..are you trying to kill us all??? Those look divine!

Zen Chef says:

Brownie.. peanut butter… oreos.. all in one cookie!? This is the best thing EVER! :-)

HoneyB says:

Wow Jenny, those cookies look mouth wateringly awesome!

We are a whole month behind you all in school! Kids here don’t start until the first of September!

Donna says:

OMG! I just gained six pounds looking at these cookies. Mouth-watering.
    And your photos are excellent!

Noor says:

I am wanting some of these so bad right now it actually does hurt, lol.

Wow, I can not believe summer has passed already and I did not think about it until you said it was school time. In TN we never started school until the end of August, woo lucky us.

Sharon says:

You come up with the best cookie / dessert ideas! Your kids are quite lucky to have you as a mom :)

Can’t believe that school’s starting already. Where did the summer go?

Dallimomma says:

Where in the world does school start the first week of August? If I had to go back to school this early, I’d NEED a dozen or so of these cookies, just to get me out the door.

AZMarianos says:

I cam across your blog and I’m so glad I did! When I first saw this recipe my first reaction was that the cookies sound interesting but not for me. Then I started thinking about it and decided to give it a try. WOW! I am so glad I did, these are my new favorites! I don’t think I will ever make plain old peanut butter cookies again. THANK YOU!!

Deborah says:

I can’t believe school has started there already – I think it starts on the 18th here, but it seems like when I was a kid, it started the end of August/beginning of September!

This would be a great snack for a school lunch. Or just a great snack for me!

Cara says:

So I finally got around to baking these last week and they turned out great! Just wanted to let you know how amazing this recipe is!

Suzanne says:

I just wanted to let you know that I linked this recipe from my blog….Thank you so much for the recipe….they were SO good!!

[...] right now). When I got it in my head that I wanted to combine brownies and cookies I looked to the technique she shared several years ago that ensured big bold swirls without “muddying” the dough. It worked like an absolute [...]

[…] Brownie Swirled Peanut Butter Oreo Cookies. ’nuff said. […]