Oct
2009

Pumpkin Spice and Chocolate Caramel Corn…

Tags: ,

Appetizers and Sides

IMG_4380picnik.jpeg

Good Monday Morning, if there is such a thing!

Here’s yet another fun Pumpkin recipe that is going to knock your halloween socks off.  I sure hope you can find those Pumpkin Spice Hershey’s Kisses at your local Target, because that’s the secret ingredient to make my pumpkin caramel corn.  It is seriously incredible!  Now, never fear those of you who cannot get your hands on those kisses, you can substitute 1 Cup of butterscotch chips for an equally tasty caramel corn.  It goes great with the chocolate too.

I had fun wrapping up some cute little cellophane bags of this delightful caramel corn and gave it as gifts last week.  Works great at any Halloween Party too, hope you all enjoy!!

IMG_4378picnik.jpeg

IMG_4386picnik.jpeg

IMG_4355picnik.jpeg

Pumpkin Spice and Chocolate Caramel Corn

Pumpkin Spice Caramel Corn

1 3.3oz bag Kettle Corn popcorn, popped and all un-popped kernels removed
1 Cup dry roasted peanuts
2 Cups unwrapped pumpkin spice Hershey’s Kisses (I find them at Target), (If you cannot find the kisses, substitute 1 Cup of butterscotch chips)
6 Tablespoons butter
3/4 Cup packed brown sugar
1/3 Cup corn syrup
¼ teaspoon salt

1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Place popped popcorn and peanuts onto a large rimmed baking sheet that has been sprayed lightly with non stick cooking spray.

2. Place kisses, butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and salt into a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir constantly until mixture comes to a light boil. Remove from heat and pour evenly over popcorn and nuts. Gently stir to coat mixture over popcorn. Bake in oven for 30 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.

3. Remove from oven and pour onto parchment paper to cool. Break into pieces and serve. Enjoy!

Chocolate Caramel Corn

1 3.3oz bag Kettle Corn popcorn, popped and all un-popped kernels removed
1 Cup dry roasted peanuts
1 Cup semi sweet chocolate chips
6 Tablespoons butter
3/4 Cup packed brown sugar
1/3 Cup corn syrup
¼ teaspoon salt

2. Place chocolate chips, butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and salt into a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir constantly until mixture comes to a light boil. Remove from heat and pour evenly over popcorn and nuts. Gently stir to coat mixture over popcorn. Bake in oven for 30 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.

____________________________________

Check out my caramel apple bars on Bettycrocker.com along with other fabulous bloggers’ ghoulish treats!

Have a wonderful new week, see you soon with more cookin’!

Comments

VeggieGirl says:

Classic, delicious snack!

Looks delish! I’ve searched far and wide for those pumpkin spice kisses here in PA and can’t find them ANYWHERE!!!

Carey says:

I will be making this one. I just love caramel corn. I was just at Target and didn’t see any of these or I would have scooped them up for sure! Darn!

Carey

I see that you’re having fun w/ the Halloween photo effects! How fun :)

I’ve been thinking that I should whip up some popcorn treats too. I’ve never purchased the pumpkin kisses before, but we need to go to Target so maybe I’ll pick some up!

meghan says:

For the love of God woman! Why do u tempt me so??!!!

I am soooooooooooooo making the Pumpkin Spice Popcorn for my coworkers for Halloween.

You can definitely get the kisses @ Target this year. I already found them!

megan says:

What a great use for those candies! I love the popcorn and if I see those candies again, I’m picking them up for this recipe! I SU’ed for ya!

HoneyB says:

Yum, yum, yum!! Looks awesome and this is a MUST TRY!

Joanna says:

I’ve never seen those kisses, but I’m going to hunt them down! This looks delicious!

Charna Scarpati says:

This looks sooo good.. But question, could you use regular popcorn??

There is a target near my house, time to check out for pumpkin kisses.

Thanks,
    Charna

dawn says:

Jenny! I love this! I mean this popcorn, as you can see from the pics has lots of coating on it–the way it should be.

Sara says:

Wow! I really want to make this…it looks incredible.

Krystle says:

Looks like I am heading to Target for lunch today to grab some pumpkin spice hersheys!

I almost bought the pumpkin spice Hershey’s Kisses the other day at Target. Now I wish I had!

Kimm Geria says:

Yaa I bought two bags the other day can’t wait to try it.
    Kimm

Yum! I know what I’m doing to do with that bag of pumpkin kisses I’ve got in my freezer!

Deseree says:

Pumpkin kisses?!?! I have never heard of these. Guess I know where I am headed after work. Hoping my Target has them!

Mini says:

That look so good! I need to try the Chocolate Caramel Corn. No Pumpkin Spice Caramel Corn for me, we don’t have pumpkin spice kisses or butterscotch chips in germany.

Hillary says:

This is such a great idea! I JUST bought those pumpkin spice kisses too! How perfect :)

Ramona says:

Yummy. Looks terrific.

Ramona

Barbara says:

What a super idea for trick or treaters. Or better yet, my bridge group! Looks delicious…hope I can find the pumpkin spice kisses.

Karen says:

Pumpkin Spice Hershey’s Kisses? Yum! I’ll be on the look out next time I’m at Target. Thanks for the tip.

Kara says:

This looks delicious!
    You may already know this trick, but I’ve found a great way to get rid of the unpopped kernels. I place a cooling rack over the bowl of popcorn, then invert it. When you shake it, all the kernels fall through the holes. Easy peasy!

Velva says:

These popcorn treats look absolutely delightful! What a great Halloween treat or just anytime. Love it! Thanks for sharing.

Oh Jenny, how cool! I wish I could get a big bag of those. Can I go trick or treating at your front door?

Sweet! And great gifting!!!!

Happy Halloween!

Bob says:

Pumpkin spice caramel corn?! Awesome!

Yumm-O! That looks so awesome. I have been a fan of your blog for about a year now. I also love to cook! You are way more creative then me though! My friend just launched an awesome blog called The Mother Huddle. I am the food/recipe contributor for it and featured a pumpkin recipe this week. I just wanted to let you know that I put a link to your blog because of all the great pumpkin things you have done this fall! Your Awesome!
    Maria

Krista says:

What a wonderful Halloween snack! I’ve been thinking about making some caramel corn soon and I love the pumpkin spice idea!

[...] Pumpkin Spi&#99e and Cho&#99o&#108ate Carame&#108 Corn… | Pi&#99ky Pa&#108ate [...]

Great idea! Looks delicious!

Karen says:

This looks WONDERFUL!

I prefer to use airpopped popcorn, how does that affect the taste and how much do I need to make it the same as the kettle corn.

Wow! What a great use for Pumpkin Spice Kisses! Last year I put them in Rice Krispie Treats.

Julie says:

Damn that looks yum!! I wish we had Target in Canada!

This looks like the perfect Halloween snack!

Jessica says:

With all of your pumpkin fantastic recipes….I thought you would like the one I just posted last night. Pumpkin brownies. They taste like fudgy pumpkin pie…so fantastic!

Thas says:

yummy, caramel corn is my hubby’s fav snack, am definitely gonna try this.

Amy says:

I’m making this right now for my sons and husbands camping trip to share with their little cub scout troop. While the pumpkin kisses, IMHO, are *nasty* on their own (it tasted like I had a craft store in my mouth), when put on the popcorn, holymoley. YUM.

I’m moving on to the chocolate ones, and I’m sure that will be a breeze, instead of unwrapping a whole bag of questionable-tasting Kisses. :) Great recipe!

rcworkman says:

Making this tonight. I found the pumpkin spice kisses and was so excited. Can’t wait to try it! I love fall/halloween recipes. They are great!

Anissa Wheeler says:

The Target here also has caramel chocolate kisses and candy corn kisses. I tried this recipe with the candy corn kisses and I actually like it better than the pumpkin kisses variation. EXCELLENT! Perfect for our Halloween party tomorrow.

Anissa Wheeler says:

OH, and if you accidentally forget to remove the cooled popcorn and it sticks to the wax paper, just pop it into the microwave for about 15 seconds and the paper will peel right off. Learned this the hard way. :)

[...] Pumpkin Spice and Chocolate Caramel Popcorn Recipe from Picky Palate [...]

christy says:

Made these, neigbors loved them! Thanks :)

Susan says:

Thank you for this recipe! I loved the pumpkin spice, but I have had so much fun trying out all sorts of Hershy Kiss flavors. My son’s favorite is the Chocolate Mint Truffle, Candy Corn Kisses were good, but just tasted like a really good candied popcorn. My Mom and Daughter loved the butterscotch chips. But my favorite, and so festive, has been the Candy Cane Kisses!

Carmen says:

Saw the Pumpkin Spice Kisses at Target today- so guess what I’m making right now! Yep~ two batches!!! We loved this last year, so good!!!

Andrea says:

We plan on making popcorn balls this year for Halloween, and when I saw this recipe I knew I had to try it! Though I’m not sure the best way to turn them into balls? Should I just shape them before I bake them, or halfway into the baking? Any suggestions??

L2 Model says:

does anyone know if regular popcorn tastes as good. Not a fan of kettle corn

Denise says:

Fun recipe and thanks for the tip on the pumpkin spice kisses, I must have them! Now! haha Hope I can find them! ;*)

sk88 says: