Dec
2009

Picture Perfect Christmas Goodies…

Desserts

Picnik collagechristmas1

Since Christmas is right around the corner and we are knee deep in school festivities, last minute shopping and getting packed for our trip to AZ, I thought I’d share some of my favorite past recipes that would be perfect for Christmas plates, parties and family get-to-gethers!  Stay tuned for more of my favorites over the next few days…

Hope everyone is enjoying this time with family and friends, only one more day before the kids are out of school!!

IMG_4037picnik.jpeg

Black Bottomed Mini Caramel Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites

8 whole Oreos, finely ground in food processor

1 1/2 Tablespoons melted butter

8 oz softened cream cheese

1/2 Cup granulated sugar

1/2 Cup pumpkin puree (I used Libby’s)

1 large egg

1 teaspoon vanilla

1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

1/4 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg

3 Litehouse Lowfat caramel dip (comes in a package of 6 20z little cups), or caramel ice cream topping

12 Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kisses, unwrapped (if you can’t find those pesky pumpkin kisses, the original chocolate ones are great too)

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Combine ground Oreos and melted butter into a bowl until well combined.  Spoon into 12 mini cheesecake cups that have been sprayed with cooking spray.  Press into the bottom of each cup so the crust is flat.  Partially bake for 10 minutes then remove from oven.

2.  In a stand or electric mixer beat the cream cheese,  sugar and pumpkin until smooth.  Beat in egg, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg until combined.  Pour evenly into the 12 cups filling about 3/4 way full.  Spoon about a teaspoon of caramel into the tops of each filled cup and swirl with a toothpick gently.  Bake for 25-28 minutes or until cheesecake is cooked through.  Let cool completely.

3.  Remove cheesecakes from pan and top each with a spoonful of remaining caramel and a Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kiss.  Refrigerate until ready to serve.

12 mini cheesecakes

1 1/2 Cups all purpose flour
3/4 Cup vanilla flavored granola clusters
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 Cup diced apples, about 1/4 inch, I used fuji

1/2 Cup turbinado sugar, or other sugar of choice to roll cookies in

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a stand or electric mixer, cream butter and sugars until light mixed well. Beat in peanut butter until combined then add the egg and vanilla until well combined.

2. In a large bowl mix together the flour, granola, baking soda and salt. Slowly mix into the wet ingredients following the apples until just combined. With a medium cookie scoop, scoop dough, roll into sugar then place onto a silpat or parchment lined baking sheet. With tines of a fork, press down slightly making an X on top of each cookie. Bake for 8-9 minutes, cookies should look somewhat soft inside when you take them out. Let cool/finish baking out of oven for 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.

3. Grab some milk and dig in!

3 dozen cookies

___________________________________________

IMG_9736-Titled

Pumpkin Spice Blossoms

1 Spice Cake Mix 18.25 oz

14 oz can Libby’s Pumkin

½ Cup sanding sugar

1 bag Hershey’s Pumpkin Spice Kisses (chocolate ones work great too)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a stand or electric mixer beat the cake mix and pumpkin until well combined, about 45 seconds. With a cookie scoop, scoop dough and roll top half in sanding sugar (dough is sticky) then place onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet. Bake for 11-13 minutes, or until cooked through. Quickly transfer to a cooling rack and immediately press kisses into the center of each cookie. I immediately place cooling rack into the fridge for 15 minutes so the kisses don’t melt. I tried both ways and it melts down if just left at room temperature. Enjoy!

About 36 cookies

_______________________________________

IMG_0575

Blue Ribbon Gingersnaps

Recipe by Marjorie Johnson

3/4 cup shortening

1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup molasses
1 large egg
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cloves1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 cup sugar (for dipping)

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

2. Cream shortening, brown sugar, molasses and egg in large bowl. In a separate bowl sift flour, baking soda, salt and spices. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture, blending until mixed. Dough can be chilled for easy handling.

3. Shape the dough into balls the size of whole walnuts. Roll balls in sugar, place on baking sheet. Bake 8-9 minutes at 375 degrees. Cool on sheet one minute before transferring to rack.

Makes 3-4 dozen
________________________________________
Have a wonderful weekend!!  Come back soon for more Christmas goodies :)
PLEASE continue to send an e-card to help feed the needy!!

Comments

I’ve been dying to make those pumpkin cheesecakes! Thanks for reminding me!! :)

Great looking yumminess, Jen. Have a safe trip. And, if you’re in the neighborhood, feel free to drop off any excess baked goods! ha!

Amy says:

Those look great! I am especially interested in the gingersnaps. We recently went to visit George Washington’s birthplace where they had homemade ice cream sandwiches made with gingersnap cookies. YUM!

HoneyB says:

Mini caramel pumpkin cheesecake bites are calling my name!!

patsyk says:

Those are some fabulous treats, Jenny!

Ashley says:

Delicious! I’m going to have to try those pumpkin spice blossoms!

brandy says:

I’m not a cream cheese fan, the Black Bottomed Mini Caramel Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites look so good. Anything with Oreos have to be good. :D

Mara says:

I love seeing all those goodies in one place! I made those pumpkin cheesecakes and they were wonderful! Have a great trip!!

Deborah Dowd says:

These little sweet tidbits look amazing. Question- Are your gingersnaps the hard or soft kind? I am a big lover of the hard ginger snaps with a glass of cold milk!

Aimee says:

I made your black bottom cheese cakes (except I replaced the oreos with inside-out oreos and used homemade caramel) they were absolutely delicious! Such a great recipe! Have a wonderful time in Arizona!

Katrina says:

Have a great Christmas, Jenny!
    I was just looking for a pumpkin cheesecake to use up some gingersnaps that I don’t like.

Camille says:

Uh, Yes Please! I’ll take one (or two) of each!

zerrin says:

These must be the best Christmas treats. They all look gorgeous!

CookiePie says:

They ALL look irresistible, but I think the apple-peanut butter ones are my favorite!!!

sugar plum says:

all these look really lovely and like its christmas….

sugar plum says:

Love Love Love all ur cutie pie cookies…..specially the kisses in ‘em…now how about a huggie…

Sandy says:

Has anyone had the paradise bakery coconut cookies? I’d love the recipe.

Carrie says:

these all look fabulous. i’ve got some cherry cordial and peppermint bark kisses that i think would go great in chocolate blossom cookies

Karen says:

The gingersnaps are awesome and I have another batch baking! The house smell heavenly. Thanks Jenny for all the wonderful recipes.

I LOVE your black-bottomed cheesecakes! I recently made 120 of them for a desserts-only wedding reception I catered for a friend- they were a HUGE hit! I couldnt ever find pumpkin spice hershey kisses here in NC so I substituted the caramel-filled ones and they were still great! Thanks for such inspiring food! Happy New Year!

ooooh!! those loook lovely!! thanks for sharing. will be adding those to my recipe book immediately!! :D

thanks again.

camille
    ——-
    The one and only best place where cat Lover’s meet, read great information about cats and how to proparly care for them, mingle and chatt about their cats to eachother is only on CatLovingCare.com

CathyR says:

I would like to make the black bottom cheese cake bites. I don’t have a cheese cake pan (cups) though. Would a mini muffin pan work? :/

Otha Nellums says:

I really love to munch cheesecakes because they are oh so tasty. i really like to eat like 2 or 4 per day. *`”":

Head to our personal webpage as well