Feb
2010

Caramel Turtle Sugar “Brookies”

Tags:

Cookies

Good Thursday to you :)  The boys and I have been running around all over the place during their week off school.  It’s been fun not having to pack lunches and rush around in the mornings.

I managed to squeeze in a little baking this week….Had some leftover sugar cookie dough from those cinnamon roll sugar cookies and decided to create a Brownie/Cookie which makes “brookies!”

These are a tad bit messy to work with, but finished up just fine.  After slicing the dough into 1/2 inch pieces, I placed the slices in a mini muffin tin.  I think you are going to really like these, enjoy!

My friends over at The Mother Huddle highlighted Picky Palate this morning, I made a bullet list for “Picky Eaters,”  check it out HERE!!

Caramel Turtle Sugar “Brookies”

2 Cups sugar
1 Cup butter, softened
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 Cup sour cream
6 Cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt

1 brownie mix

10 Kraft caramels

1 Tablespoon milk

Crushed Pecans for topping

1. In an electric or stand mixer, cream the sugar and butter. Add eggs, vanilla and sour cream until well combined. Slowly add in the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt until well combined.

2. In 2 batches, place in plastic wrap in a disc shape and chill for at least 2 hours for best results.

3.  Prepare brownie batter according to package directions.  Place batter in freezer, to harden it up for about 20 minutes.

4. Once chilled, cut each disc into thirds and roll into a 1/8 inch thick oval, about 12 inches X 5 inches.   Pour about 1/4 Cup brownie mix over each oval.  Start rolling from the long end closest to you, rolling into a log shape.  Using a sharp knife, cut 1/2 inch pieces of dough then placing/folding into well greased mini muffin tins.  This step is really messy, the brownie will ooze everywhere.  Don’t worry, they still bake up beautifully!  Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.

5.  When cooled remove cookies from tins and place onto a cooling rack.  Melt caramels in microwave until melted and smooth.  Drizzle over top cookies then sprinkle with crushed pecans.  Serve with milk  :)

__________________________________

Last weekend, when my family was visiting we spent the day at Balboa Island.  Of course my boys and little brother had to ride the ferris wheel, so my hubby snapped some pics of the boys and I :)  Makes me excited for summer!

Have a wonderful weekend!!  See you all soon :)

Comments

Amanda says:

JENNY!!! These are INSANE!!! :) I have to make them ASAP! :) So, let me make sure I have the visual right- basically it’s like making the cinnamon bun cookies- except using the brownie batter instead of the butter & brown sugar?

Are these with the new camera? I can’t wait to see your pics! :)

Basically like the cinnamon bun cookies, but with brownie batter folded into mini muffin tins :) It’s messy, just as a warning :)

These are with my new camera, but I didn’t know what I was doing!! I still have so much to learn, talk to you soon!! OH, thanks for emailing the photoshop stuff, I still can’t get it downloaded, but I’m determined to figure it out. Thanks :)

MaryMoh says:

Wow….my goodness! These looks so irresistible. Love all that sweet gooey sauce poured over them….mmm

Debbi says:

My son and I are drooling at these! He just asked me, “can we make these!”. For sure!!

Aggie says:

Wow oh wow…how creative!! You guys are so cute on the ferris wheel!!

Sara says:

Wow! “Brookies.” I love it!

brookie says:

LOVE the name:) they look delicious!!

Heather says:

this looks amazing! have bookmarked the recipe to come back to.

julia says:

sweet goodness. Please Lent, be over soon so I can consume an entire batch of these.

You are a culinary genius! Thanks for the great list for The Mother Huddle! I love your blog! Maria

It was fun making that Bullet List for you guys!! Thanks for your sweet write up about me, you made me sound way too good! Have a great Thursday :)

joanne says:

these are crazy amazing! I always think you can’t top yourself. And then you always do.

These look delicious! A fun little recipe!

pattyann says:

My daughter just said they look amazing and she wants me to make them! :-) Looks like another hit recipe!

It was so fun to hear from you. I’m glad I found your blog. You are amazing! Yummy stuff. I got those pajamas from a friend of mine. She made them. She bought the pajamas and added the ruffles. She has a shop called Tots in Polka Dots that you could look up on line. Or try to make your own. She said they were really easy.

Your pictures are always so incredible! I always need to read your blog with a full stomach…otherwise, I just want to run to the kitchen and start baking! (Not that that is a bad thing!)

Kara says:

Oh my goodness, these look amazing! I love seeing the new things you come up with. This looks like another winner. Yum!

Jim-49 says:

Lady,these are very neat,with the carmel,over the top!! I will have to try these,when I can get by myself,no one here like the nuts?? Grandkids and family,seems all the family,run from them,but me,fill it up!! Love the site!!

You are so cute with your two boys! These brookies look way too yummy! Love the addition of sour cream. Adding you to the RSS feed now!

[...] Caramel Turgle Sugar “Brookies”. ZOMG.  I can say no more.  That says enough. [...]

[...] Caramel Turtle Brookies (close enough to a cupcake!) by Picky Palate Share and Bookmark: [...]

[...] is ranging from tasty Italian sausage lasagna stuffed pizza (See the picture above…) to delicious caramel turtle sugar 'brookies' ! She spend a lot of in the kitchen "loving every minute of it", always trying to be creative in [...]

[…] Preparation Read full directions on Picky Palate […]