Good Thursday to you 🙂 The boys and I have been running around all over the place during their week off school. It’s been fun not having to pack lunches and rush around in the mornings.
I managed to squeeze in a little baking this week….Had some leftover sugar cookie dough from those cinnamon roll sugar cookies and decided to create a Brownie/Cookie which makes “brookies!”
These are a tad bit messy to work with, but finished up just fine. After slicing the dough into 1/2 inch pieces, I placed the slices in a mini muffin tin. I think you are going to really like these, enjoy!
My friends over at The Mother Huddle highlighted Picky Palate this morning, I made a bullet list for “Picky Eaters,” check it out HERE!!
Caramel Turtle Sugar “Brookies”
2 Cups sugar
1 Cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 Cup sour cream
6 Cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 brownie mix
10 Kraft caramels
1 Tablespoon milk
Crushed Pecans for topping
1. In an electric or stand mixer, cream the sugar and butter. Add eggs, vanilla and sour cream until well combined. Slowly add in the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt until well combined.
2. In 2 batches, place in plastic wrap in a disc shape and chill for at least 2 hours for best results.
3. Prepare brownie batter according to package directions. Place batter in freezer, to harden it up for about 20 minutes.
4. Once chilled, cut each disc into thirds and roll into a 1/8 inch thick oval, about 12 inches X 5 inches. Pour about 1/4 Cup brownie mix over each oval. Start rolling from the long end closest to you, rolling into a log shape. Using a sharp knife, cut 1/2 inch pieces of dough then placing/folding into well greased mini muffin tins. This step is really messy, the brownie will ooze everywhere. Don’t worry, they still bake up beautifully! Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
5. When cooled remove cookies from tins and place onto a cooling rack. Melt caramels in microwave until melted and smooth. Drizzle over top cookies then sprinkle with crushed pecans. Serve with milk 🙂
Caramel Turtle Sugar "Brookies"
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
- 6 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 brownie mix
- 10 Kraft caramels
- 1 tablespoon milk
- crushed Pecans for topping
- In an electric or stand mixer, cream the sugar and butter. Add eggs, vanilla, and sour cream until well combined. Slowly add in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt until well combined.
- In 2 batches, place in plastic wrap in a disc shape and chill for at least 2 hours for best results.
- Prepare brownie batter according to package directions. Place the batter in the freezer, to harden it up for about 20 minutes.
- Once chilled, cut each disc into thirds and roll into a 1/8 inch thick oval, about 12 inches X 5 inches. Pour about 1/4 cup brownie mix over each oval. Start rolling from the long end closest to you, rolling into a log shape. Using a sharp knife, cut 1/2 inch pieces of dough then placing/folding into well-greased mini muffin tins. This step is really messy, the brownie will ooze everywhere. Don't worry, they still bake up beautifully! Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
- When cooled remove cookies from tins and place them onto a cooling rack. Melt caramels in the microwave until melted and smooth. Drizzle over top cookies then sprinkle with crushed pecans. Serve with milk.
Last weekend, when my family was visiting we spent the day at Balboa Island. Of course my boys and little brother had to ride the ferris wheel, so my hubby snapped some pics of the boys and I 🙂 Makes me excited for summer!
Have a wonderful weekend!! See you all soon 🙂
You are so cute with your two boys! These brookies look way too yummy! Love the addition of sour cream. Adding you to the RSS feed now!
Lady,these are very neat,with the carmel,over the top!! I will have to try these,when I can get by myself,no one here like the nuts?? Grandkids and family,seems all the family,run from them,but me,fill it up!! Love the site!!
Oh my goodness, these look amazing! I love seeing the new things you come up with. This looks like another winner. Yum!
Your pictures are always so incredible! I always need to read your blog with a full stomach…otherwise, I just want to run to the kitchen and start baking! (Not that that is a bad thing!)
It was so fun to hear from you. I’m glad I found your blog. You are amazing! Yummy stuff. I got those pajamas from a friend of mine. She made them. She bought the pajamas and added the ruffles. She has a shop called Tots in Polka Dots that you could look up on line. Or try to make your own. She said they were really easy.
oh they look so yummy!
My daughter just said they look amazing and she wants me to make them! 🙂 Looks like another hit recipe!
These look delicious! A fun little recipe!
these are crazy amazing! I always think you can’t top yourself. And then you always do.
You are a culinary genius! Thanks for the great list for The Mother Huddle! I love your blog! Maria
It was fun making that Bullet List for you guys!! Thanks for your sweet write up about me, you made me sound way too good! Have a great Thursday 🙂
sweet goodness. Please Lent, be over soon so I can consume an entire batch of these.
this looks amazing! have bookmarked the recipe to come back to.
LOVE the name:) they look delicious!!
Wow! “Brookies.” I love it!
Wow oh wow…how creative!! You guys are so cute on the ferris wheel!!
My son and I are drooling at these! He just asked me, “can we make these!”. For sure!!
Cute!! Hope you guys enjoy them 🙂
Wow….my goodness! These looks so irresistible. Love all that sweet gooey sauce poured over them….mmm
JENNY!!! These are INSANE!!! 🙂 I have to make them ASAP! 🙂 So, let me make sure I have the visual right- basically it’s like making the cinnamon bun cookies- except using the brownie batter instead of the butter & brown sugar?
Are these with the new camera? I can’t wait to see your pics! 🙂