Apr
2010

BBQ Shredded Chicken and Caramelized Red Onion Ranch Spaghetti

Tags: , , , ,

Dinner

You guys are going to think I’m nuts with this recipe, but just wait until you sink your teeth into it!  My husband was totally skeptical and ended up LOVING it along with my two little stinkers :)  Think BBQ chicken pizza flavors in spaghetti form…….it’s Fabulous, really!  Make yourself a big slice of cheddar garlic bread and go to town!

This recipe is not only delish, but is really easy to make.  Great for busy weeknights, if you don’t have time to make your own BBQ chicken like the one I have listed below don’t be ashamed to grab some good KC Masterpiece to throw on yours.  It will taste great too!

Enough blabbing from me, get this recipe on your menu and let me know how you like it :)

This was new to me, I had no idea you could buy this little plastic jar of Ranch seasoning.  I was almost jumping up and down when I saw it at my Target.  If you haven’t seen this at your grocery stores, every grocery store carries the little 1 oz Ranch Dressing Packet,  same seasonings inside.

I get the mini ciabatta loaves from Trader Joes, slice them, butter them, sprinkle with Lawry’s Garlic Salt then top with Cheddar Cheese and bake till crispy……Best Garlic Bread Ever!

BBQ Shredded Chicken and Caramelized Red Onion Ranch Spaghetti

1 lb thin spaghetti noodles

4 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

1/2 large red onion, peeled and finely chopped

2 Tablespoons dry Ranch Dressing Mix

3/4 Cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves

Shredded BBQ Chicken Click HERE For Homemade Recipe

1.  Cook spaghetti noodles according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold water to stop cooking.  Place olive oil into a large pot over medium heat.  Saute red onions until softened and golden.  Add cooked spaghetti to onions; mix and add dry Ranch Dressing seasoning and cilantro leaves.  Season with a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.  Place noodles onto serving plates and top with warm shredded BBQ chicken.  Garnish with cilantro leaf and serve.

6 servings

________________________________

I’ll leave you with my stinkers at the Discovery Science Center, Love these boys!

Have a great rest of your week and weekend, see you soon!

Comments

Andrea says:

I live overseas and have ONE PACKAGE of hidden valley ranch seasoning left. I’m taking a chance and making this because it really does look amazing!

Gonna skip the bread though. Hips can’t take it.

Yum! The bread looks great! I need to look for it next time I’m at TJ’s.

Molly says:

Great minds think alike. I posted a BBQ Pork Pizza today! Pasta looks delicious.

Jenny,
    this is my kind of meal! I think my hubbie will like it to, so I am going to skip telling him about it and just make….to avoid eye rolling :)

Real Quick: I think you mean to say spagetti noodles in stead of “onions”.

Teaching Pilates???

We closed BSP as our lease was up. Everyone is out on their own, and doing well. I got to visit with Jenn McP the other day while she was in town too!

Looks like you are doing great in CA!

Natalie!!! Great to hear from you, I can’t believe BSP is closed down :( I loved your studio! I can imagine it was tough to keep up in this crappy economy though.

I am not teaching pilates right now, I miss it like crazy (so does my body!) I imagine going back to it someday, but it’s hard here in CA with no family to watch the boys. Much easier in AZ :)

Jealous you got to see Jenn, Love her!

Thanks for checking in, great to hear from you! Are you teaching from home now? Bet your little guy is so big now!

Talk soon!

Amber says:

Sounds delish! And what a cool new product, thanks for sharing!

Krystle says:

Wow at first this does sound a little different but you had me at BBQ pizza!

I love cilantro. Great kicked up pasta!

Stacey says:

This looks so yummy, I can’t wait to try it! I wanted to let you know that they also sell that Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning at Costco. My hubby loves having homemade ranch so when I saw it there in bulk, I got really excited.

Sara says:

Awesome idea. BBQ pizza flavors in spaghetti?! Love it.

Michelle says:

OH MY does this sound good! Red Onions add such a unique flavor!

I don’t think you’re nuts at all – this sounds delicious to me. Your boys are adorable!

Corinna says:

Wow does that look GOOD! Thanks for sharing. If you like that jar of Hidden Valley Ranch Mix, Sam’s Club sells and even bigger jar of it. It is about the size of a Kraft Parmesan Cheese jar :o)

Tracy says:

Mmm, I’m a big fan of anything with shredded chicken!

What a unique flavor combination! I’m a huge fan of shredded chicken so I’ll have to try this recipe!

joanne says:

This reminds me of the California Pizza Kitchen bbq chicken pizza. Which I love. But I love pasta even more than pizza. Which means I would extra super duper with a cherry on top love this.

This sounds like something my husband would LOVE!

Nicole, RD says:

Drool! This looks right up my husband’s palate alley! Thanks for the great recipe!

Fuji Mama says:

I’m right there with ya! We lived in Memphis for 3 years and one of my favorite BBQ places served BBQ spaghetti (but BBQ in Memphis refers to pork)! At sports events you can buy BBQ nachos! Your spaghetti looks FABULOUS!!!!

It looks delicous and easy.

Nisrine

I’m making this for supper tonight and my husband is already looking forward to it. ANYthing with a noodle in it goes over very, VERY well in my house hold. I’m going to Trader Joe’s for those ciabatta rolls, too, plus a bag of salad. :o) Thanks for the suggestion! Keep these wonderful posts coming. I pass them on to my FB friends, too.

Rachel says:

OMG!!! I love your blog!! I am new to the blogging world and just stumbled upon yours. Thank you thank you!!! I have 2 picky little eaters too!! I have started a blog too-
    This recipe looks delicious!! I can’t wait to try it!!

teresa says:

Oh Jenny!
    Do you KNOW how good this looks to me right now!
    Why do hub and I have to be eating HEALTHY!!!!!
    I don’t like eating HEALTHY!
    I want this for dinner…not BOCA BURGERS!!!!!!
    BUt last weekend we didn’t eat healthy…and we ate like 1000 or more ICED sugar cookies hahahahaha! ;o)
    Oh…and like millions of malted Easter Eggs….and trillions of jelly beans!
    So this is WHY I can’t make this tonight!
    Oh how I wish we had a Trader Joes on Bainbridge Island!
    Your blog is fab Jenny!
    xxooxx
    Thanks for all you share!

Mila says:

Jenny, this is fabulous! I love using ranch in my food and I actualy just made a simple recipe the other day using the packets of ranch seasoning! Thanks for letting us know about the new jar seasoning! I will definitlet be picking ome of that up!

Julie says:

Oooh, that looks so yummy! We’re planning to visit that science center in June, hope it’s fun!

Kim Adams says:

My mouth is salivating! Can’t wait for my free day tomorrow! Miss u qt!

Ashley says:

This looks fantastic! What an interesting combination!

DROOL!!!What an amazing spaghetti creation! I know a lot of men that would love this!

Kelley says:

Made this yesterday and my family really liked it. I like to healthify our meals and found this was wonderful with whole wheat spaghetti! Thanks for a clever and tasty dish!!

Jessica B. says:

On the stove right now! Although, I didn’t pick up any cilantro so we are going sans green touches. BUT, I added pancetta to the onion mixture. Figure I would futher embrace your reference to BBQ Chicken Pizza. Everything is better with Bacon or Pancetta, No? Thanks for the recipe!

Natalie says:

Made this for dinner tonight. Super yummy. Thanks for the great recipe. I used spaghetti riagti noodles. Have you used them? First time tonight and I loved them.

Shelby says:

My fiance and I can’t wait to try this recipe! He saw it and asked me to make it right away! Looks amazing! Thanks for sharing!

Tina says:

OMG-how cute! I am going to Target TODAY to find that adorable ranch bottle!

Mrs. L says:

You got me with this one, I’ve go to try this! And I’ll definitely be looking for that little jar of Ranch as I use it in many dishes and hate having portions of a packet sitting around.

CrazyCurl says:

I love this recipe so much that I have made it at least 5 times now! My whole family loves it. That includes a very picky 6 yo and an adventurous 14 month old. THANKS SO MUCH!!!

Jessi C. says:

Just thought you might like to know that you have become my go-to girl for fun new recipes! I gave this one a shot and both my husband and I loved it! You rock- thanks for stretching your creativity and letting me be the benefactor of it! :)

Erin L says:

Just made this tonight it was very yummy! Hubby loved it as well!

[...] BBQ chicken ranch spaghetti (from leftovers) Hamburgers on the grill, potato packet, fruit & veggie [...]

[...] Sesame Salmon with wild rice and salad Monday:  $2 Tacos at Noche – try Tuesday:  BBQ Shredded Chicken & Caramalized Red Onion Ranch Spaghetti Wednesday: Pasta with Butternut Sauce and Spicy Chicken Sausage Thursday:  Lemon & Thyme [...]

[...] roasted baby potatoes and veggies Tuesday:  Shrimp Linguine in Tomato & White Wine Wednesday: Asian Sesame Salmon with wild rice and salad Thursday:  Chicken Quesadillas with [...]

[...] Monday:  Corn, Bacon, & Basil Spaghetti Tuesday:  Spinach and Garlic Spaghetti with Pecorino Wednesday: Lemon Herb BBQ Chicken with sweet mesquite beans and salad Thursday:  Salmon with Brown [...]

Lauren says:

My husband classifies me as a ‘Ranch-o-holic’ putting it lightly… lol… I stumbled upon your blog yesterday and made this for dinner last night… OMG it is AWESOME! Super easy and delish. I added parmesean cheese to the pasta for creaminess… both my husband and 3 year old loved it! Can’t wait to try some of your other recipes :)

Elle says:

Hi! How much chicken do I need for this? (either breasts or cups) Looks AMAZING!

[...] Dining Out! Wednesday: Honey-Teriyaki Salmon with wild rice and grilled veggies Thursday: BBQ Shredded Chicken and Caramalized Red Onion Ranch Spaghetti Friday: Buckhead Church Transit Walking Wisely [...]

Ashley says:

Winner winner Chicken Dinner! This was a hit with my EXTREMELY PICKY husband. He said “that doesn’t sound good” when I told him what I was making (again VERY PICKY). But when he tasted it is said “this is really good” which is huge b/c he very rarely compliments the food at all, so him saying that is a big deal. Thanks for sharing this easy and yummy recipe Jenny! :)