Aug
2010

Banana Bread Milkshake!

Tags: , ,

Desserts

Looks like Monday snuck up on us again, hope the weekend treated you well :)  I am so glad to be back home from AZ.  I do love my home state, but I don’t miss it in July especially when it rains. Oooeee it was hot and humid.  Now I sit in Newport where it’s bordering chilly this morning!  Ahhhhh, love it :)

You guys might be tempted to think…..what on earth is the big deal about this milkshake?!  I am here to tell you, just wait until you try it yourself!  My boys are ice cream maniacs (like their father) and we seem to make milkshakes often.  A month or so ago, the boys and I were throwing out ingredient ideas to add in our milkshakes and between the 3 of us, we came up with banana, brown sugar and cinnamon.  Simple right?  Talk about heaven in your milkshake glass! It literally tastes like banana bread.

Can’t wait for you guys to try this simple yet completely tasty milkshake!  Break out the ol’ blender….Enjoy :)

Here’s your line up :)

Get yourself your favorite vanilla ice cream….or whatever is on sale at the time :)

Add your ice cream, bananas, milk, brown sugar and cinnamon.  Wait until you smell how good it smells!

Pour into an adorable milkshake glass and drink away!!

My boys aren’t used to me working on my blog during the summer yet…..they are usually in school when I work.  Here they are totally heckling with my props!  They got booted out right after I caught them in the act, lol!

I love you banana bread milkshake

Banana Bread Milkshake

6 Cups vanilla ice cream

2 ripe bananas

1/2 Cup milk  (a little more if you want it thinner)

1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/4 Cup packed light brown sugar

1.  Place all ingredients into blender, blend until smooth.  Pour into glasses and Serve!!

4 servings

__________________________

I’ll leave you with my milkshake drinking stinkers.  They were literally waiting 2 inches from me until I was done with the photo shoot!

Have a great new week, see you soon!!

Comments

peabody says:

Mmm, works for me! Breakfast in a glass. :)

Debbie says:

That looks yummy, and I love those glasses!

marissa says:

holy cow, I wanna go make one RIGHT NOW! Those look delicious…your kids are So cute too!!

Doni says:

Will make this for my DH and two DD. They all love bananas. For myself, I think canned apple pie filling will do the trick for me, as I am not too crazy about bananas! Thanks for the idea!

HealthMaster says:

That sounds really good. I love banana bread so I imagine I will love this as well. If it tastes half as good as your boys’ faces say it does then we are all in for a treat. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

I always add a frozen banana to my protein shakes, and I think this would be delicious!! I would freeze the bananas just because I love that consistency. :)

fabulous. seriously fabulous! i don’t even LOVE bananas but I could see myself drinking about 3…ok, 4….of these!

Cathy says:

Looks yummy but you forgot the mini chocolate chips! You gotta have the mini chocolate chips!

alison says:

These look so good! My kids want to make these today!

Oh goodness. These look fabulous!!!

Angie says:

YUmmy! those look very good!

I’m not usually a milkshake person but these sound awesome! I do love banana bread…

funny!!! I was just screaming yesterday…”When Will School Start”. My five year old loves to mess around when I am either cooking or trying to photograph!!! Gotta love little boys!!!

Your milkshake is awesome!!! I am going to tweet about it later!!

BTW: I use wrapping paper sheets too to photograph some things….I get the packs on sale and just tear off what I need. Great idea!!!

Are you counting down to Blogher 10? Too bad I can’t go…but we will meet in person soon enough!!!

Tracy says:

Lovely milkshakes – and I love those glasses, too!

Vanessa says:

That looks very yummy! Also, your boys are super adorable. You are very blessed. Love your blog!!!

y.u.m. I would love one of those right now.

Grace says:

banana bread and a milkshake. you just blew my mind. this sounds fantastic!

This is genius! I love banana bread and milkshakes, sounds delicious!

Camille says:

I love milkshakes. Looks yummy! Your boys are adorable! I have two boys as well. :)

Lani says:

It was delicious!!! Both of my grandparents loved it <3<3!!!! I will totally make it again. :D

Katie Mitchell says:

I’m making it right now! Can’t wait to taste it!

Jenny, we know from that heckling well around here too! What a delicious looking milk shake girl. Love all the photos of your boys. oh happy days!! xxoo

Adorable pictures of your kids – it looks as though they are thoroughly enjoying their milkshakes. Great combination of flavors!

Haaaa! Love all the kid shots! Will definitely need to try this!

Jay says:

Yum. I like my banana bread with nuts and cream cheese spread so I made a cream cheese whipped cream and sprinkled walnuts on top. Totally decadent.

Heather says:

You weren’t kidding! I made these today for my kids and they were fantastic. I hadn’t planned on partaking but once I tasted theirs, I grabbed myself a glass too. Thanks for sharing! We have a new favorite in our house.

Jacqueline says:

New look to your blog since I was last here. Love the collages of the boys and it is really fun to see them helping… or was that heckling you.

And I love you TOO Banana Bread Milkshake!!! Once again a brilliant idea! ;-)

Kirstin says:

Yummy. I made this with ben and jerrys creme brulee icecream and it was awesome! (lol it sounds kinda gross ish but super good!)

vparas says:

YUmmy! those look very good! A healthy breakfast in a glass. I was searching such kind of information. I will totally make it later………..

Yum, yum and yum. These sound SO good.

Lorraine says:

Delicious!!! Used rice milk, lactose free ice cream, sprinkled cinnamon on top and voila!!!!

Brenda says:

I love this recipe but my breakfast version of it uses a frozen banana and no ice cream. Yum!

[...] Jenny presents Banana Bread Milkshake [...]