Aug
2010

My Tribute To Levain Bakery

New York City, Travel |

I knew one of the things on my “absolutely do” list in NYC was Levain Bakery.  When I was in NY a couple years ago, I never made it there and I told myself this time I am going for sure!

Levain Bakery was on Food Network’s Throwdown with Bobby Flay and  the second I saw those beautiful gigantic cookies, I just knew I had to go!

Amanda and I had our big cameras ready to go and ordered one of every beautiful cookie they had.  Not even kidding, these were the best cookies I have ever had, by a mile.

Sitting out front of the bakery and a shot of the display case, mmmm!

Ok, starting up at the top left we have the Dark Chocolate Chip, Chocolate Chip Walnut, Oatmeal Raisin and my absolute favorite…Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip :)

Does it get any better than a tower of Levain Cookies?  Seriously!

No joke, Amanda and I were taking photos of these cookies for a good 45 minutes.  People probably thought we were nuts!  Lol.

The ooey gooey inside of the Chocolate Chip Walnut

Hands down this Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookie was the best cookie on the face of the planet.  I might just have to order some through the mail :)

This Dark Chocolate Chip was a very close 2nd place.  Heaven!

Loved this Oatmeal Raisin too!

Thank You Levain Bakery for making my NYC trip so sweet.  I am beyond thrilled I was able to FINALLY get to taste your cookies.  Will definitely be back….in the meantime I’ll be placing my order for cookie in the mail today :)  xoxo

Comments

Becky O. says:

I’m so glad you got to try their cookies. I agree, they are by far THE BEST cookies I’ve ever tried. My favorite was the chocolate chip walnut.

They were so big… what like 6 ounces? I couldn’t believe how perfect they were, crisp on the outside and gooey on the inside. So amazing!

Amanda :) says:

Love it!! Totally wishing I had another Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter chip one right now! :)

Lauren says:

I love these cookies so much I crave them and convince friends to buy them for me every time they go to the city. (And because of that I had a chocolate peanut butter one for breakfast…)

great pics….If I go to NY…it is on my “to do list”.

This looks like my kind of bakery. I don’t know why so many bakeries can’t make a good cookie. Sounds like you had a fabulous trip.

Looks like a must see, visit, and taste place in NYC! Like others, adding it to the NYC List.

Bon appetit!
    =:~)

I might ditch the cupcakes and just eat the cookies (if I ever make it to NYC). Wow, amazing! I’m a sucker for a good chocolate chip cookie.

Janssen says:

That is too awesome! Now I’m hungry.

vanillasugar says:

one of my fav places. and i love to recreate all their stuff at home.

Kelly Jensen says:

Hi Jenny! I would love, love, love it if you would try to make your own dark chocolate with peanut butter chips cookie and share the recipe with us! Please!?

Amy says:

i seriously just considered spending $22+ shipping to have those cookies! i had one for the first time in march… i was in HEAVEN! so delicious! my mouth is now watering for another!!!

Those cookies look mouth watering! Yummy!

Jessica says:

All I can say is after looking at those pics of the gooey runny out is YUMMMMMMMY!

Kim in MD says:

Gorgeous photos! Instead of ordering the cookie from Levain bakery, why not try to duplicate the recipe? I hope you succeed (and share with us, of course) ;-)

I am SO jealous! I am drooling right now. I need to go!

I remember that Throwdown episode from years ago, and I have dreamt of those cookies ever since! That dark chocolate peanut butter chip cookie looks like it was made for me. I need an excuse to go back to NYC just to get those cookies!

Debbie says:

You bet I’m drooling! My niece lives in NYC. Maybe I’ll ask her to stop by and mail me some. :)

Diana says:

Hi guys,

This is Diana from Levain Bakery and am so excited to see this incredible blog post. Thank you for your amazing photography.
    I’m going to post a link to your awesome blog post on the Levain Bakery Facebook page to share it with our fans!

See you on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/LevainBakery
    or on Twitter we are @LevainBakery

Thanks,
    Diana

Jenny, this post is amazing. What a tribute to Levain Bakery. If I were to eat a bunch of cookies I think these would need to be IT!! (well , maybe some of you home baked ones too!!) xxoo

These look the best cookies on the planet! Can’t believe I’ve never been there and I live in NYC! I must run, not walk, to this bakery. Great post!

Michelle says:

What fabulous looking cookies!

Katrina says:

Hands down, my favorite cookies on the planet, too. Although ccw is my fave. Wish it was easier to get to NYC more often!

Now those are some cookies worth going out of your way to buy! I can’t believe how gooey the insides are.

Excuse me while I wipe the drool from my face! Those cookies look amazing!

amber dubois says:

I am SO jealous! I am drooling right now. I need to go!

Judy says:

Love your New York City cookie tour guide!! I’m a bit far from NYC living in Devon, UK, but Levain is now on my bucket list…