Aug
2010

Honeyed Banana Berry Cake Cookies…4 Ingredients!

Cookies

Ok, someone stop me from making more cookies :)  But wait, these only have 4 ingredients so let me share these with before I’m banned.

The boys and I were up early Monday morning and decided to make these perfectly simple/no butter/no sugar cookies.  Instead of butter I had the boys mash up 4 bananas, add some creamed honey that my husband found from Trader Joes then toss in some dried blueberries.  I had to be honest with the boys and said…..”I have no idea if these are going to turn out, but I have a great feeling they will be delicious!”

We kept watching the oven as the timer was ticking away and sure enough, our little experiment was a total success!  Now, you should know, these are very cake-like and very soft.  So, if you are not a soft kind of cookie lover these are not for you.  However, if you are a soft cookie lover, look out because these are awesome!  Our favorite way to eat them was when we put them in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or so.  Give it a try :)

I also used a sugar free cake mix that I had on hand, worked out great, however any cake mix will do.  Hope you enjoy this easy, fun, get your kids in the kitchen cookie recipe.

Here is your line up.  If you can’t find creamed honey, use 2 Tablespoons regular honey instead :)

We LOVE this creamed honey.  Spread it over warm toast and you don’t even need butter.  It’s awesome, hope you can find some :)

Here are my little stinkers getting right to work.

Banana mashing party!

More helping :)

Nothing like baking in PJ’s :)

Ahh, the reward :)

This is the best part!

I can’t tell you how happy I was to see these turn out!  Yipee!

Taste testers….Approved!

Honeyed Banana Berry Cake Cookies….4 Ingredients!

1 box yellow cake mix

4 large bananas, mashed (about 2 1/2 Cups)

3/4 Cup dried blueberries

4 Tablespoons creamed honey or 2 Tablespoons normal honey

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Place all ingredients into stand mixer and beat until just combined.  Will seem sticky, no worries.  Use a cookie scoop and scoop dough onto a silpat or parchment lined baking sheet.  Bake for 11-15 minutes or until cooked through.  Let cool for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.

4 dozen cookies

______________________________________

Have a great weekend!  See you soon!

Comments

Of course I will not stop you from making cookies! I love them! Your little helpers are so cute:)

Jessica says:

Thanks so much I am always looking for a easy recipe for cookies to make with the kids. Can’t wait to give it a try.

Your boys are just TOO cute!

Kim in MD says:

Wow-these cookies look fabulous! I love your photos! It is so sweet that your boys like to help you cook…they are adorable! :-)

The look wonderful! I love your pictures! I’ve been getting my kids cooking with me a bit more. I’m surprised how much my 11 year old boy is liking it. He’s always asking to help now.

I love how simple your recipes are! I so want to try these, thanks!

I mean cake AND cookies are in the recipe name – how can these not be completely delicious! And creamed honey!? Perfect!

WOW! Love the idea of adding in creamed honey. These sound delicious!!

Also, your little guys are too cute!!

alison says:

These look great, and your kids are adorable. So fun! Hope to meet you one day soon!

I just made cookies with bananas last night – I don’t miss the butter at all!

I think the creamed honey might be similar to honey butter that I have in my fridge… maybe? It’s delicious, nonetheless

Fun photos and cookies!

Camille says:

I love recipes like this! Your boys are too cute!

these sound amazing, but you had me at 4 ingredients. the easier the better!

Erin says:

Incredible! I love it when experimental recipes work out!

Sues says:

Ooooh these sound so unique and delicious!! And your boys are absolutely adorable!

Bonnie says:

Omg! I have to make these! They look sooooo delicious. Unfortunately, the only ingredient I have right now is the banana! I’ll be making a trip to the store later!

These look delicious! (Plus anything with fruit should be considered healthy – right? ;)

Lizzy says:

So easy and so quick! Looks awesome.. your boys look happy too!

Eliana says:

If you’re going to be making cookies that look this delicious, sorry, I wont be able to stop you.

Camille says:

Question: What are good substitutes for butter in baking? I know I’ve seen applesauce and/or yogurt used before but not sure how much to put in. For example, if a recipe calls for 2 sticks of butter, how much applesauce/yogurt would you use?

Sharlene says:

Super creative idea. These will definitely be in my arsenal for the next time someone shows up unannounced etc. And your boys are darling!!

I love cake-like cookies! Thanks for another creative, mouth-watering recipe!

Krista says:

Excellent, easy, and delicious! Love it!

We bake in our pj’s often in this household. : )

Michelle says:

OH boy, do these cookies sound good and I know they would be a big hit at my house!

Faith says:

The boys are adorable! and I love your cake, it looks so yummy!

Tracy says:

These look so fun; I love cake cookies! Yum!

Lisa says:

These look so good! I’m just like the kids with licking the mixer, the bowl, and all the utensils!

Mrs. L says:

Um, NO do not stop making cookies! I need to live vicariously through your cookies. No really. Keeps me sane. Cookies…yum.

These cookies look absolutely perfect! I love how chunky they look. And the flavor combo? Awesome!

Julie says:

What a wonderful recipe!!! Can’t wait to try them. Such cute boys!

OMG I can’t wait to make some of these. Anything with bananas and honey is a go in my book Totally obsessed

I have an abundance!! of ripe bananas and today i got creative and made a vegan GF muffin recipe with them that I’m posting in the morning.

I am looking forward to seeing you…thanks to Marla for playing matchmaker :)

BOOKMARKED for this weekend to make! Thanks for sharing. They look absolutely delicious!

E says:

I love soft cookies. What a great recipe! Can’t wait to try it.

It is so fun watching your boys assist in the kitchen. Ahhhh, yes the reward of licking the batter is heavenly. Not to mention the fresh out of the oven goodies. These cake-cookies look amazing! I love all the bananas and the creamed honey. xo

Kim Adams says:

These look fun! Glad to see Cullen enjoyed the TJ creamed Honey :)

Get out of here! Only 4 ingredients?? And they look so delicious!

Heather says:

Made these last night…so YUMMY! Mine didn’t go flat though…they are like big muffin tops, LOL!

Hi I just wanted to say thank you for this easy recipe. Now I know what to do when I have a lot of bananas.
    -Brenda

Samantha says:

These were great! I used fresh blueberries since I had a ton and they were perfect. Thanks for a great, super easy recipe. Threw a bunch in my son’s lunch for his first day back at school.

You are the cookie queen! It looks as though your boys are having a ball helping your bake (and eat).

Ana Maria says:

…Hi…Just wanted to comment that I just made this recipe, and used some of the mix for cupcakes and they turned out great; delicious! Thanks for the recipe…

Madeleine says:

i made these last night! they are absolutely delish! I used fresh blueberries and real honey and the burst of berry flavor was just the perfect touch! Thanks for such a fun recipe!!

Candice says:

Loved these! We added chocolate chips to half the batch (because my husband thinks that dessert isn’t dessert without chocolate)! They were delicious both ways!

Melissa says:

I just made these this afternoon because they sound awesome! I must have done something wrong because the batter did not work for cookies but they made great muffins.

[...] Whatever they may be, they’re incredibly tasty.  And the best part:  4, yes 4, ingredients. [...]

lynn says:

OK, sorry if this is a silly question, but that’s all the ingredients? Or do I have to follow the recipe to make the cake batter and add the honey and berries? Please help, I am a novice baker!
    besos,lynn