These Malted Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies are PERFECTION. Brown butter cookies packed with Oreo chunks and chocolate. These are about to become your new favorite cookies!
Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies
If you are looking for the BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies, look no further. The cookies are made with brown butter, they’re crispy around the edges and have a chewy center full of Oreo Cookies and chocolate! Hope you enjoy my cookie recipes!
Be sure to follow Picky Palate on Instagram for sneak peeks on what’s coming to the blog!
How To Make The BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies
This recipe has some special ingredients that make these cookies AMAZING. You’ll need to brown your stick of butter and let it cool slightly before getting started with your cookie recipe. See my post on How To Brown Butter for full details. It’s simple to do and it brings such an amazing flavor to your cookies. You’ll also need to soften your cream cheese. If you forget, place your block of cream cheese in the oven on “warm” for about 10 minutes. That does the trick too.
Once your brown butter has cooled slightly add the softened cream cheese and brown butter to a large mixing bowl or stand mixer. Beat well, until smooth and creamy.
Add the brown sugar and granulated sugar up next! Mix well.
Your egg and vanilla go in next. Mix until smooth and well combined.
Dry ingredients up next! If you’ve never had “malted” cookies don’t be afraid of it. It’s very mild. Another big flavor booster. I use the Carnation brand you can find at most grocery stores.
Crushed Oreo Cookies into the bowl. That’s a gorgeous sight to see!
You can use chocolate chips or chunk your own chocolate like I’ve done here. I love the bloc of chocolate you can get at Trader Joe’s. It’s about $4.99 and lasts me for a long time. I like that the chocolate stays gooey for a while when baked with these chunks.
Give all of the ingredients a good mix. This dough is DANGEROUS. Fair warning.
Make your cookies as large as you’d like. I used a medium cookie scoop and did a heaping scoop so decided to just bake 6 at a time. Place dough 1 inch apart from each other. Bake for 12-14 minutes, until baked through. Let cool before transferring.
You get these gorgeous cookies with the RICHEST flavor and perfect texture. Excited for you to try these.
That chocolate! Enjoy friends.
Malted Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 stick butter browned, see instructions below
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup malted milk powder I used Carnation Brand
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup chocolate chunks or mini chocolate chips
- 2 cups coarsely crushed Oreo Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or use a silpat liner.
- To brown butter, melt stick of butter in small saucepan over medium low heat. Let cook and bubble while swirling pan often, until brown bits start forming on bottom of pan. When butter turns a golden brown color, transfer to a heat proof bowl and let cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Place cooled brown butter and cream cheese into a large mixing bowl. Stir until well combined and creamy. Stir in brown sugar mixing until well combined. Add egg and vanilla mixing well. Slowly add flour, malted milk, baking soda, and salt. Stir until just combined then add chocolate and Oreo cookies. With a medium cookie scoop, scoop dough onto prepared baking sheet placing 1 inch apart. Bake for 12-14 minutes, until baked through. Remove and let cool before transferring. Serve room temperature.