These Malted Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies are PERFECTION. Brown butter cookies packed with Oreo chunks and chocolate. These are about to become your new favorite cookies!
Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies
If you are looking for the BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies, look no further. The cookies are made with brown butter, they’re crispy around the edges and have a chewy center full of Oreo Cookies and chocolate! The perfect cookie to bring to any and every occasion.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- The brown butter adds a richness that is unmatched! So good.
- These cookies have a texture that is perfection. Crispy edges, chewy centers.
- They’re perfect for sharing and gifting! They look great in cellophane bags with a bow.
What You’ll Need
Here are the ingredients you’ll need to make this fantastic cookie recipe. See the recipe card at the bottom of the post for full instructions and details.
- butter, salted– For most of my recipes I use salted butter. Unsalted works too.
- cream cheese– Use a full-fat cream cheese for best results. Give yourself plenty of time to soften the cream cheese.
- light brown sugar– Light brown sugar gives the cookies their sweetness and rich flavor.
- granulated sugar– This fine white sugar adds sweetness to the cookie.
- egg– For consistency, I use large eggs in my cooking and baking.
- pure vanilla extract– Use pure vanilla extract for best tasting results.
- all-purpose flour– Flour is the main dry ingredient in the cookies.
- malted milk powder– Find the malted milk powder near the breakfast section of the grocery store. Check the baking isle too.
- baking soda– Baking soda helps the cookies rise during baking.
- kosher salt– Kosher salt is a course salt commonly used in cooking and baking. I prefer it over table salt.
- chocolate chunks- Find chocolate chunks near the chocolate chip section. If you can’t find them, you can chop your own chocolate bars, or use regular chocolate chips.
- Oreo Cookies– Crush Oreo Cookies that will be mixed into the cookie dough.
This recipe has some special ingredients that make these cookies AMAZING. You’ll need to brown your stick of butter and let it cool slightly before getting started with your cookie recipe. See my post on How To Brown Butter for full details. It’s simple to do and it brings such an amazing flavor to your cookies.
How To Make The BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies
Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or use a silpat liner.
Brown The Butter. To brown butter, melt stick of butter in small saucepan over medium low heat. Let cook and bubble while swirling pan often, until brown bits start forming on bottom of pan. When butter turns a golden brown color, transfer to a heat proof bowl and let cool for 10-15 minutes.
Combine Cream Cheese and Brown Butter. Place cooled brown butter and cream cheese into a large mixing bowl. Stir until well combined and creamy.
What If I Forget To Soften My Cream Cheese?
If you forget to soften your cream cheese in advance, place your block of cream cheese in the oven on “warm” for about 10-15 minutes. That does the trick.
Add Brown Sugar, Egg and Vanilla. Stir in brown sugar and sugar mixing until well combined. Add egg and vanilla mixing well.
Add Dry Ingredients. Slowly add flour, malted milk, baking soda, and salt. Stir until just combined.
Chocolate and Oreo Cookies. Add chocolate and Oreo cookies.
Note: You can use chocolate chips or chunk your own chocolate like I’ve done here. I love the bloc of chocolate you can get at Trader Joe’s. It’s about $4.99 and lasts me for a long time. I like that the chocolate stays gooey for a while when baked with these chunks.
Combine All Ingredients. Give all of the ingredients a good mix. This dough is DANGEROUS. Fair warning.
Scoop Cookie Dough Onto Baking Sheet. With a medium cookie scoop, scoop dough onto prepared baking sheet placing 1 inch apart.
Bake. Bake cookies for 12-14 minutes, until baked through. Remove and let cool before transferring. Serve room temperature.
Note: Make your cookies as large as you’d like. I used a medium cookie scoop and did a heaping scoop so decided to just bake 6 at a time. Place dough 1 inch apart from each other. Bake for 12-14 minutes, until baked through. Let cool before transferring.
You get these gorgeous cookies with the RICH flavor and perfect texture. Excited for you to try these.
That chocolate! Enjoy friends.
How To Serve Homemade Cookies
Serve cookies room temperature at any event where cookies are needed. Great for Holidays, birthday parties, baby showers, bake sales…etc.
How To Store Leftovers
Store any leftover cookies in an airtight container, room temperature for up to 3 days.
Freeze leftover cooled cookies in an airtight container or freezer bag for up to 3 months. Thaw to enjoy.
Try More Cookie Recipes!
- Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
- Raspberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Easy Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Monster Cookies
Malted Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- small saucepan
- baking sheet
- parchment paper
- mixing bowl
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- cookie scoop
- 1 stick butter browned, see instructions below
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup malted milk powder I used Carnation Brand
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup chocolate chunks or mini chocolate chips
- 2 cups coarsely crushed Oreo Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or use a silpat liner.
- To brown butter, melt stick of butter in small saucepan over medium low heat. Let cook and bubble while swirling pan often, until brown bits start forming on bottom of pan. When butter turns a golden brown color, transfer to a heat proof bowl and let cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Place cooled brown butter and cream cheese into a large mixing bowl. Stir until well combined and creamy. Stir in brown sugar and sugar mixing until well combined. Add egg and vanilla mixing well. Slowly add flour, malted milk, baking soda, and salt. Stir until just combined then add chocolate and Oreo cookies. With a medium cookie scoop, scoop dough onto prepared baking sheet placing 1 inch apart. Bake for 12-14 minutes, until baked through. Remove and let cool before transferring. Serve room temperature.