Oct
2010

Double Pumpkin Kissed Chocolate Chunk Cookies

Tags: , , , , ,

Cookies

I know, another Pumpkin recipe!!  I can’t stop baking with pumpkin right now and I must say that I am loving every minute of it.  The way the house smells is enough to motivate me to bake all the time :)  Cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger are probably my favorite beautiful smells coming from the oven, yum!

Here is a fun, simple cookie with lots of spunk.  I am such a sucker every time I pass those Holiday kisses, my hands uncontrollably pick them up and put them in my cart.  So to use up my favorite holiday kisses, I created this fun and oh so tasty cookie that you are going to love.

Take a peek and happy Fall baking!

Here’s your line-up.  Don’t mind that I forgot the 2 eggs for the photo shoot.  Was having a blonde moment!

Cream your butter and sugars, add you eggs, vanilla and pumpkin then toss in the dry ingredients :)

I just liked this picture :)  I need a wall of just my kitchen aid shots!

You know these bad boys.  Unwrap 35 or so :)

Love these!

Quarter each little kiss.

Toss in your tasty chocolate chunks….

Along with those kisses!

Break out your muffin top pan, scoop in your dough, press down and bake! (you can also use a normal baking sheet and make tradition cookies with a cookie scoop with this recipe, both delish)

Double Pumpkin Kissed Chocolate Chunk Cookies

2 sticks softened butter

1 Cup granulated sugar

3/4 Cup packed light brown sugar

2 large eggs

1 Tablespoon pure vanilla

1 Cup pumpkin, from can

3 1/4 Cups all purpose flour

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/4 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg

12 oz bag chocolate chunk pieces (or chocolate chips work fine too)

35 or so unwrapped Pumpkin Spice Kisses, quartered

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  In stand mixer, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy.  Beat in eggs and vanilla until well combined then add pumpkin.

2.  Place flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg into large bowl; mix to combine then slowly add to wet ingredients then chocolate and kisses.  Mix only until just combined.

3.  If using muffin top pan, scoop 1/4 Cup dough into each muffin top cup that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.  Press to spread to edges.  Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges begin to brown.  Let cool in pan for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.  If using baking sheet, scoop medium cookie scoop of dough onto a silpat or parchment lined baking sheet, about an inch apart.  Bake for 9-11 minutes or until edges just begin to brown.  Let cool on pan for 5 minutes before removing.

24 large muffin top size cookies

4 dozen regular size cookies

___________________________________

Have a great week and weekend, see you soon!

Comments

oh no! I almost wish I hadn’t seen this. I had no idea that Hershey’s made Pumpkin Kisses! I have to get a back immediately if not sooner.

I couldn’t find the pumpkin kisses last year, and I still can’t find them this year! I need to find them!

Aimee says:

Oh my goodness I didn’t even know Pumpkin Spice Kisses existed, but I will be out looking for them today. What a great addition to so many recipes. Thanks for sharing!

i haven’t seen the pumpkin kisses yet but what a great way to use them!!!

carey says:

I’m loving these Jenny! I can’t resist those kisses either. I have been hoarding the carmel corn ones.

Two things I have never seen before now: Pumpkin kiss Hershey’s and Muffin Top pans!

Pumpkin and chocolate? Yes, please! Those look so good and different from the everyday chocolate chip cookie that I’m definitely picking up ingredients today! Thanks for posting this!

Penelope says:

My new grocery store mission: find pumpkin kisses!!

AWESOME sounding recipe!

I love pumpkin anything. These look delish!

Julie says:

Oh my word. I have never seen the kisses. They look delicious, I want to try them. The cookies look great too! Thanks for sharing! :)

Heather says:

Love these Jenny! I have some of the Pumpkin Spice Kisses in my cabinet right now and was trying to come up with some ideas to use them. These look delicious!
    And you can never have too many pumpkin recipes. :)

Jenifer says:

Are you kidding me? These look amazing and where do I find these pumpkin kisses at??? I’ve never heard of it before. I am going to make these if I find the chocolate, YUMMMMY! Thanks for sharing.

Jenifer

Jaime an Jen Dish

If I could only find the Pumpkin kisses! These cookies look amazing!!! Yum!

Hey Jenny, I almost bought the muffin top pan yesterday when I was at the restaurant supply place…..it was only $14 and I am kicking myself for not getting now that you posted this yummy recipe. I don’t know how you stay so thin…your recipes are so sinful!! LOL

Camille says:

I so want to make these but I still can’t find those Pumpkin kisses! They look amazing!

Sara says:

I love those pumpkin spice kisses! What a great idea from Hershey’s. These cookies sound great.

Love the pumpkin kisses – this is another keeper, Jenny!

vanillasugar says:

i wish we could find those kisses around here.
    and keep the pumpkin coming–i have yet to make anything! i think i did a lot last year and have no will this year.

Christina says:

These look super fabulous! I have never seen those pumpkin kisses, now I will have to look for them!

Man, I want a candy apple red kitchenaid mixer!! I have yet to buy these pumpkin kisses this year. This looks like a good way to use ‘em up!

Whoa, didn’t even know pumpkin kisses existed! Oh, those sound delicious.

Pumpkin kisses?? I’ve never heard of this and may have to go on a hunt now. These look amazing. Thanks for sharing. :)

Mariko says:

You got me. Totally.

Sarah P says:

A can of pumpkin? What size can???

Sharlene says:

I haven’t seen these kisses around! I’m on the hunt for them now. They sound amazing, especially in these cookies!

Sarah P says:

Nevermind…I’m a dork & misread. 1 Cup of pumpkin (from the can).

Those pumpkin kisses look delicious! Now I’m going to have to go to the store and find them (unfortunately there is no target around where I live!)

Amber says:

The first year that pumpkin spice kisses came out, I nearly died. Thought I’d gone to heaven! (and seriously, who thought THAT would happen?) I immediately turned them into cookies, making oatmeal cranberry and pumpkin spice kiss cookies. I like what you’ve done here, but I would totally swap the chocolate chunks for white chocolate chunks. I just can’t seem to wrap my palate around milk chocolate and pumpkin. LOVE the idea though!

Katrina says:

Those look divine! I’ve not heard of these kisses before, so I’m on a mission to Target after work! Thanks for sharing!

Kristen says:

I would love to try those kisses – and the whole recipe for that matter!

These look amazing. I love pumpkin and definitely need to try adding some chocolate and kisses to some recipes!

Rhonda says:

These look like they would be right up my alley. I’m gonna make them tomorrow. I got my pumpkin kisses at Target. I’m loving the pumpkin and candy corn kisses (candy corn’s my favorite)!
    ~Thanks for your awesome recipes!

…Also, it’s because of you that I got my muffin top pan and Hershey kisses. ;)

Now I need to find some of those kisses- those cookies look great!

Thank you for sharing the recipe. I couldn’t find that kind of Hershey Kisses so I just resorted to the regular Kisses w/ Almonds. I’m sure it’s not as good as yours but it worked out alright. I’m giving some to my MIL for her birthday tomorrow..thanks again!

I just made a treat with these kisses, aren’t they great for baking! Love your cookies!

I haven’t seen these pumpkin kisses yet. I’ll have to keep an eye out for them in the grocery store. I love how they melted into the cookie dough.

Double pumpkin? Sold! I need to buy those Pumpkin Spice Kisses…yum!

Tracy says:

There’s no such thing as too much pumpkin. Yum!

Rachael says:

I need to make these now! How fantastic do they look…mmm! I stumbled upon your blog from KevinandAmanda. So glad I found it, can’t wait to try all of the yummy recipes! :)

Laura says:

Oh DARN! I tried Harris Teeter, CVS, and Walgreens with no luck. I thought about going to Target but was afraid they wouldn’t have them. For now I will have to make due with just chunks, next time I will find those kisses!

Anita Kehn says:

I hope I can find the pumpkin kisses ~ can’t always find stuff like this is our remote area. Jenny, I’m voting for you every day. I want you to win! We’re going to have to work hard.

Mmm! Those cookies look delicious! I SO want to eat one right now!

Andrea says:

I literally JUST finished baking these! I love the pumpkin spice kisses, and have stocked up on them for the fall! But unwrapping a quartering them was so tedious! I think I should have stuck them in the freezer for a few minutes before mixing them in, because they mushed a little in the batter. I didn’t have a muffin top pan, so I made regular cookies. I have a tendency to make giant cookies, so they took a little longer to bake.

They are delicious and I definitely recommend everyone try out this recipe!

Ohmygosh, what are those amazing Pumpkin Spice Kisses!?!? I’ve never seen those!!! This recipe looks Uh-mazing. Dare I try it?! Hmmmm, To be determined…!

Jenn says:

Oh My Word!! These look and sound delicious!!! and those holiday kisses are my FAVORITE!!!!!

I must try these

Wow….speechless! These just might be the ultimate cookie of my dreams!!

Oh my, pumpkin kisses?? I have not seen these yet but I have to get some of these and try these cookies – they look delicious!!!

No such thing as too much pumpkin in my book! These look fabulous!

Angelika says:

There is nothing I love more in Autumn than pumpkin. I am making these tomorrow and having a pumpkin spiced latte to go with them. Can’t wait!

Debbie says:

These cookies really do look fabulous! I can’t wait to make them, never thought to cut kisses in half before, it is a great addition!