Sharing The Best Chocolate Bundt Cake with you today that makes the perfect sweet treat for your family and friends! This will be the only bundt cake recipe you need!
I’ve been making this chocolate bundt cake for years and I’m telling you it’s a favorite every single time. You’ll get asked for the recipe over and over again. People never believe that it starts with a cake mix. I always keep the ingredients on hand if I need to whip up a cake for someone. It is sure to make someone’s day! Hope you enjoy my simple, ultra soft, decadent chocolate bundt cake!
Be sure to follow Picky Palate on Instagram for sneak peeks on what’s coming next to the blog!
The Best Chocolate Bundt Cake
Where Can I Buy A Bundt Pan?
You can find bundt pans at any kitchen store, Walmart and Target in the kitchen/baking section. I always keep Amazon as a back up if I can’t find at my local stores.
How Can I Prevent My Bundt Cake From Sticking To Pan?
If you’ve ever had your bundt cake stuck in the pan, you know the horror, ha! To prevent this, make sure you generously spray your pan with cooking spray before putting the cake batter in. After removing the cake from the oven, place the pan on a wire rack and let cool; about 10-20 minutes. This allows the cake to become firm enough to remove from the pan without breaking apart. Carefully slide a plastic knife down the sides of the pan to release any sticking spots.
What Happens If My Cake Comes Out Broken?
Take a deep breath and let’s look at some options. If it’s just a few smaller pieces that stuck to the pan, you can carefully place them/patch back onto the cake and cover it all up with a nice thick drizzle of chocolate ganache. If it’s a little more broken, let’s make a trifle! Break the entire bundt cake into small pieces and layer with fruit and fresh sweet whipped cream. A trifle is a perfect option for broken cake.
- 1 box Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk whole or 2%
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 large eggs
- 3.4 ounce package instant vanilla or chocolate pudding mix
- 1/2 cup chocolate sauce I use Hershey's
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray bundt cake pan generously with cooking spray.
- Place all ingredients into a large mixing bowl, stir to combine until well combined. Transfer to bundt pan, spreading evenly. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until baked through. Remove and let cool completely before flipping over.
- Dust with powdered sugar and cut into slices.
Pin The Best Bundt Cake Recipe
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.