Nov
2010

Cream Cheese and Butterscotch Pumpkin Pies with Gingersnap Streusel Topping

Tags: , , , , , ,

Desserts

Can you almost taste Thanksgiving, it’s just a few days away!  I created this recipe for Smithfield.com and boy is it to die for!  Make sure you pop over to Smithfield and say hi on my post :)

All of my favorite ingredients are packed into these cute little hold in your hand pies.  These are perfect for any Thanksgiving dessert, we went nuts for them.  To save yourself some time go grab a box of refrigerated pie dough, I found some nice ones at Trader Joes in their freezer section.  They were great.

Hop you all enjoy!!

Here are your pie rounds pressed into regular size muffin tin cups.

Next, you’ll top with the cream cheese mixture then spread out a little with a knife.

Prepare your pumpkin pie filling!

Oh the butterscotch morsels.  Get the bag away from me….once I pop a few I’m a goner!

Fill with your pumpkin pie filling and start to bake  :)

While pies are baking make your streusel!

And there you have it :)

After baking for 20 minutes, remove and top each with streusel.  Place back in oven for 10-15 more minutes.

This is what you’ll get, mmm!  Make sure you loosen all edges with a plastic knife while they are warm (much easier to remove this way)

Sprinkle with a little powdered sugar if you’d like and you are set!

Cream Cheese and Butterscotch Pumpkin Pies

1 9 inch pie shell, softened (I use either Pillsbury or Trader Joes has nice pie shells)

4 Tablespoons softened cream cheese

2 Tablespoons sugar

1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1 Tablespoon ground gingersnap cookies

1 Tablespoon brown sugar

1 Tablespoon softened butter

1/4 Cup chopped pecans

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Cut 2 1/2 inch rounds out of your pie dough and place into 12 muffin tins.  You will need to re-roll your dough once.  In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until softened and smooth.  Spoon 1 teaspoon cream cheese mixture into bottom of pies and spread around the bottom.  Sprinkle about 10 butterscotch chips over cream cheese layer.

2.  In a separate mixing bowl beat the pumpkin, sugar, cream, cinnamon and egg until well combined.   Pour evenly  over cream cheese mixture filling up to nearly the top of crust.  Bake for 20 minutes.

3.  To prepare streusel  topping place sugar, cinnamon, ground cookies, brown sugar, pecans and butter in a mixing bowl.  Use a fork and press butter into sugar mixture until crumbly.  After the pies have baked for 20 minutes remove and top each evenly with the strudel.  Place back into the oven for an additional 10-15 minutes or until streusel is bubbly and pies are cooked through.  Remove from oven, loosen edges with a plastic knife then let cool for 10 minutes before removing from muffin tins.

4.  Serve room temperature or chilled.

12 individual pies

________________________________

Have a great Thanksgiving week and make sure you pop over to Smithfield to say hi to me!  Thanks a million!

Comments

sibylle says:

great for autumn and Christmas time!! looks and sounds delicious!!
    thx for sharing!
    Sibylle

Those look perfect for this time of year. And bite size so you can eat more!

Oh delicious! Gingersnap streusel?! Such a fabulous idea!

I love any form of pie I can hold in my hand! These look incredible!

Marcia says:

is it wrong of me to ask you to marry me? I’m sure my husband won’t mind as long as you make him some of these too.

I can’t wait to try these little gems!!!

Oh my. You are single handedly ruining my weight loss goals. ;)

Jamie says:

Are you kidding? These look amazing!!

These look AhhhhMAZING!!

Since you seem like such a sweetie, I”m going to assume that you’re taking orders for these yummy little pies. SO….I’ll take seventeen of them.

No wait–make that eighteen.

Just have them delivered to Arkansas. I live on a little dirt road across from a cow field.

That is the truth.

I’ll be expecting my pies any day!! I can’t wait!!

I’ve always been addicted to those butterscotch morsels too. Even more so… the cinnamon chips. What a delicious little treat you created!

Oh man these look good! Love the streusel!

EatLiveRun says:

oh my gosh, I love it!!! They are so cute!

bunkycooks says:

Very cute treat for the holidays! Can I have more than one because they are so small? ;)

Jane says:

Wow! Those look awesome! Have a great Thanksgiving! :)

vanillasugar says:

perfect ms jenny!
    bite size and ready to devour in mass quantity!

These look amazing! love them!

Tracy says:

Love how small and cute these are!

Amy @DYKTMP? says:

DELICIOUS! Looks like a recipe right up my alley! Take a look the site, I’m going to feature the recipe on it today. Take Care

Tiffany says:

wow looks delicious!

Colleen says:

I love these! I’m sure they taste just as delicious as they look.
    I have been wanting to make something fun with my new mini-muffin tins.

Jenny, these treats look amazing. I think they should be handed out as soon as people enter the door ;) xo

Megan says:

I just bought mini (4 oz) ball jars to make personal sized pie portions for Thanksgiving. Do you think this recipe would work for those? They look so tasty!

Laura says:

These look AWESOME! And just in time for Thanksgiving. Yum! :)

Tara says:

Can I make these ahead of time for Christmas and freeze them?

Kelsey says:

Holy cow those look amazing! You’re pictures are so great it makes me drool just looking at them!

Sues says:

Wow, I LOVE that these are personal sizes. THough that means I would eat like 10 of them. Such a fabulous idea!! :)

Anything with streusel in it makes my list of personal faves. Cream cheese is bonus points!

Thanks so much for this delicious recipe – I can’t wait to make these treats!

Tessa says:

Wow! These little mini pies would be perfect for any place where plates and forks may or may not be around. On top of that, they sound absolutely delicious. Love them!

This is a dangerous place my friend. Dear me these look good. And such a cute size.

Ali says:

Your creativity never fails to amaze me — these look delicious!! :)

Tickled Red says:

:O
    I’m speechless. Those are adorable and Ta-rouble mini sized.WOW!

Mads says:

Holy mother of pearl. I can’t even fathom something with a more perfect combo of ingredients.

Sweet

Paula says:

what a great blog! here is so many inspirations!

have a nice time,
    Paula

Super cute! Remind me of tassies at Christmas time :)

Oh my goodness! These look absoloutly amazing. They’d be perfect for my Christmas Party dessert table!

[...] 3. Cream Cheese & Butterscotch Pumpkin Pies with Gingersnap Streusel Topping [...]

Brenda says:

Oh Jenny…Those look so good, I guess I will have to make some room on the dessert buffet for these. I am thinking mini-muffin pans, do you think it will work? Have a great T-day!!!

Mandy says:

Definitely making these for a Christmas party I am hosting in a couple weeks! Looks amazing!!!!

Desi says:

These remind me of little pecan pie bites! The pumpkin and butterscotch combo would be so good! Think I’m gonna have to try this one :)

Made these tonight to take to Thanksgiving dinner!
    They are delicious! I made half with the nuts and then substituted Graham crakers for the pecans but still used the ginger snaps!
    So yummy!
    I truly haven’t made one bad recipe that you have posted! Keep them a coming.

Camille says:

I made these yesterday and they were absolutely amazing. Thank you so much for sharing!

These are absolutely adorable! Butterscotch and gingersnaps are a really nice twist to a Thanksgiving dessert.

Lorna says:

I made these last night to bring to Thanksgiving today. Every recipe I have tried of yours has turned out perfectly! This one, however, for some reason didn’t have enough cream cheese, pumpkin batter, or streusel. I had to make another quick batch of the pumpkin batter and had to double up on the streusel as well. The cream cheese, I just didn’t have a full teaspoon in each of the “pies”. It was very strange since I have never had that problem with your recipes before. Has anyone else had this problem? I’m sure it was my fault in some way!

With that said, I tried one of them and OH MY GOODNESS! Yummy! Loved the gingersnap cookie addition to the streusel and the cream cheese mixture at the bottom! Very, very good and absolutely adorable!

I’m sorry, what, excuse me, yes please!

Sarah says:

I think the only thing that could possibly make pumpkin pie better is a crumb topping. These look delicious! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving :)

Jenn @ LL4L says:

I just found your blog and I love it! You have the best recipes and your photos are beautiful. This dessert looks so delicious…pumpkin, cream cheese, butterscotch chips?! Yum! I also love how approachable your recipes are…I can’t wait to try this one soon. Thank you!

Marie Hall says:

Made these last night! Taste great, however, did not turn out looking like the ones pictured. You said to use a regular muffin tin. The 2 1/2″ pastry rounds barely covered the bottom of the wells let alone come up the sides. Really, regular or mini?
    Thanks

Tracy says:

MMMMM! I made these for our Thanksgiving dessert and I have to say………IT IS SO DELISH – it was the perfect size after the heavy Thanksgiving dinner, and it was so easy to make – I featured you on my blog today!

So fabulous – thank you for the recipe!!!

Jenn says:

These look fab! I cannot wait to make them!

Oh my goodness, Jenny! What a fantastic dessert! I would love this right now!