Chocolate Covered Pecan Pie Bites are the perfect easy dessert to bring to your holiday table. These irresistible pie bites melt in your mouth for an explosion of chocolatey sweetness!
Chocolate Covered Pecan Pie Bites
You are in for such a treat with these Chocolate Covered Pecan Pie Bites! The Holiday Season is in full swing and I’m always looking for amazing dessert recipes with options! I love that you can either make this recipe with a homemade pecan pie or if time is short, purchase a store bought. Both versions are GREAT!
After I baked a fantastic pecan pie, or pick up a great pre-baked pecan pie, I used a cookie scoop to make little pecan pie mounds. Drizzle with melted chocolate, let set and you’ve got yourself an adorable Holiday dessert that looks great on your table!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- These pecan pie bites are beyond easy to make for your upcoming parties.
- You can absolutely use a store bought pecan pie for a quick option.
- Bite size dessert is so fun! Everyone seems to love them!
What You’ll Need
Here are the ingredients you’ll need to make pecan pie bites at home. See the recipe card located at the bottom of the post for full details and instructions.
- corn syrup– Look for the Karo corn syrup in the baking section.
- large eggs– For consistency, use large eggs for all of your baking.
- granulated sugar– This fine sugar gives the pie its sweetness.
- butter– You can use salted or unsalted butter for this recipe.
- pure vanilla extract- For best tasting results use pure vanilla in your baking.
- pecan halves- Find the nuts in the baking section of the grocery store.
- pie crust– You can use a homemade crust or frozen pie crust.
- melted chocolate– Use the Ghirardelli chocolate melts for easy melting.
How To Make Pecan Bites
You want to make sure you let your pecan pie cool completely before scooping the pie into bite size scoops. You can absolutely use a store-bought pecan pie for this recipe as well. Use a small-medium cookie scoop to form little bites then transfer to parchment paper. Make sure you get pieces of pie crust in each bite.
Preheat Oven To 350°F.
Prepare Pecan Pie Mixture. In a large bowl, mix corn syrup, eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla using a spoon. Stir in pecans. Pour filling into pie crust.
Bake. Bake on center rack of oven for 60 to 70 minutes (see tips for doneness, below). Cool for 2 hours on wire rack before serving.
Scoop Pecan Pie Onto Parchment Paper. When pie is completely cool, use a small-medium cookie scoop and scoop baked pecan pie pieces and transfer to parchment paper.
Drizzle Chocolate Over Pie Bites. Drizzle melted chocolate over tops of bites, covering most of the bites. Let chocolate set then serve room temperature or chilled.
Beautiful little bites, worth every minute of prep work!
Recipe Tips For Success
- Make the homemade pecan pie a day or even two in advance, so when you go to make the dessert, it’s quick and easy.
- If you don’t have time to make your own pecan pie, use a homemade pie. It works just fine!
- Heat your chocolate up in batches to avoid it hardening part way.
How To Serve
Serve these cute bites at your upcoming Holiday party. They’re best enjoyed at room temperature.
How To Store Leftovers
Store any leftovers in an airtight container, room temperature for up to 3 days.
Try More Pecan Recipes
- Brown Butter Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Candied Pecan Chocolate Covered Oreos
- Kitchen Sink Skillet Cookie
Chocolate Covered Pecan Pie Bites
- cookie scoop
- parchment paper
- measuring spoons
- measuring cups
- mixing spoon
- heat proof bowl for microwave
- 1 Cup Karo® Light OR Dark Corn Syrup
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1-1/2 cups 6 ounces pecan halves
1 (9-inch) unbaked OR frozen deep-dish pie crust
1 cup melted chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, mix corn syrup, eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla using a spoon. Stir in pecans. Pour filling into pie crust.
- Bake on center rack of oven for 60 to 70 minutes (see tips for doneness, below). Cool for 2 hours on wire rack before serving.
- When pie is completely cool, use a small-medium cookie scoop and scoop baked pecan pie pieces and transfer to parchment paper. Drizzle melted chocolate over tops of bites, covering most of the bites. Let chocolate set then serve room temperature or chilled.