My Soft Batch Style Gingersnap Cookies make the perfect Christmas Cookies! Spiced just right, these get rave reviews every year.
Gingersnap cookies are some of my very favorite cookies EVER. Not only are they the most amazing Christmas cookies, but I could literally enjoy these all year round. They’re THAT good. Perfect spices and texture…and who doesn’t love brown butter cookies?! I love the crispy buttery edges and soft chewy centers. These make the best cookie exchange cookie recipe and they are great for packaging in a box or cellophane bag with a little bow. These will be my cookie that I give to my neighbors this year for Christmas.
Hope you enjoy!
Be sure to follow Picky Palate on Instagram for sneak peeks on what’s coming next to the blog!
How To Brown Butter?
I’ve got step by step photos and instructions on how to brown butter HERE.
What Exactly Is A Gingersnap Cookie?
Gingersnap cookies contain molasses and spices such as ginger and cinnamon in the recipe. The ideal gingersnap is buttery crispy on the outside and perfectly chewy on the inside.
How To Make Gingersnap Cookies
Gingersnap cookies are surprisingly as simple to prepare as any of your other simple cookie recipes. This recipe requires browning your butter, but once you’ve browned butter, you know there’s nothing tricky about it. Follow the recipe instructions below and you’ll be on your way to the perfect Christmas cookie!
Add your brown butter, coconut oil, brown sugar, molasses and egg to a large mixing bowl. Mix until well combined.
Add your dry ingredients up next!
Cinnamon and ginger. The perfect christmas cookie spices!
Once dough is formed, roll dough into balls and roll into granulated sugar.
Place dough balls onto baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees F.
These are so lovely. Get baking already 🙂
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup softened or melted coconut oil you can substitute 1/4 cup more brown butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all purpose Gold Medal Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
1/4 cup granulated sugar for rolling dough in
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper.
- Place butter into a small saucepan over medium heat. Melt and cook/stir until browned. Takes a good 5-8 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Place cooled brown butter (ok if it's still warm) into a stand mixer or large mixing bowl. Add coconut oil, brown sugar, molasses and egg, beating on medium until well combined. Slowly add flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and ginger. Mix until just combined. Dough will be thick. Roll heaping tablespoons of dough into granulated sugar and place onto prepared baking sheet. Place 1 inch apart to allow for spreading. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until baked through. Remove and let cool on baking sheet for at least 15 minutes before transferring to cooling rack. Serve room temperature or chilled.
Pin Soft Batch Style Gingersnaps