May
2011

Brownie Chunk and Chocolate Chip Cookies

Cookies

So, how about a new cookie this weekend?  I had some leftover brownie sitting on my counter and I thought, why not chop them up into chunks and add them right to some chocolate chip cookie dough?  Yah, it was a really good idea :)  Take a peek!

We are off to San Diego this weekend to play at the beach, can not wait!  I’ll be packing some of these bad boys with me :)

Enjoy!

Left:  dry ingredients, sugar, butter, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, chocolate chips and brownies.  Yum!

Here are my left over brownies that I cut into small cubes/chunks.  2 cups was perfect.

Time to cream your butter and sugars.

Add your vanilla.  I heart vanilla!

Add your dry ingredients, chocolate chips, and brownie chunks.

This dough was ridiculous….in the best way possible.

Gorgeous!

350 degrees F. 9 to 11 minutes!

Here you have my Brownie Chunk and Chocolate Chip Cookies!

Brownie Chunk and Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened

3/4 cup granulated sugar

3/4 cup packed light brown sugar

2 large eggs

1 tablespoon vanilla

3 cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

1 cup chocolate chips

2 cups cubed prepared brownies

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment or silpat liner.

2. Place butter and sugars into the bowl of a stand or electric mixer, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, beating until well combined.

3. Place flour, baking soda, and salt into a large bowl, mixing to combine. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients along with chocolate chips and brownie chunks until just combined.

4. Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop dough onto prepared baking sheet about 1-inch apart. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes until cooked through. Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.

Makes 3 dozen cookies

__________________________________

Have a great rest of your week and weekend!  Come back soon!

Comments

Chelsea says:

ahh these look AMAZING! i was looking for something to make tomorrow, and i think i found it!

Plonk! Someone needs to pick me up off the floor…. I think I could devour every single one. (Does that make me someone with a problem?!)

Gwenevere says:

wait a second…aren’t you the one who posted the recipe for the brownie stuffed cookie? Now how am I supposed to choose between the two?

Wow, do these look great! I’m ready for that cold glass of milk and a few of these right now. I bet they are amazing when they are warm!

Oh Jenny, again, you make my heart go pitter patter with choc chip cookies + brownie chunks. Yes, I’ll take a dozen :)

I love this! Your cookies never disappoint!

Yum! What a creative idea! Your cookies are always look jaw dropping good :)

Tiffany says:

Such deliciousness, but how will I ever have leftover brownies? Such an impossible ingredient to find ;-)

Oh my goodness, I’m surprised you had any left to bake! I know I wouldn’t, that dough looks fabulous!

my heart just did a flip in my chest…i want these!

Clare says:

WOW. Cannot wait to try these!

What a seriously amazing idea! My two favorite desserts in one – perfect! :)

WOW…… This is perfect!!!

kelley says:

I don’t even know what to say- brownies in a cookie. Genius!!

Raejean says:

Those cookies look so yummy. I don’t know how I could find leftover brownies.

You have a Bosch in one of your pictures and are using a Kitchen Aide in another. I have a Kitchen Aide and have been wanting a Bosch, but now you have me worried that I’d still be using the Kitchen Aide instead. Should I save my money and stick to the Kitchen Aide?

Lynne says:

If I could figure out how to get leftover brownies, I would SO make this! lol :)

I need more of this in my life! Oh my!

Emily says:

These cookies look wicked good! I don’t know how you stay so thin with all of your amazing recipes!

Whew, these look amazing! I have a great brownie recipe I would LOVE to use for this!

Michelle says:

Oh my heavens!

You always think of the coolest combos!

Trinity says:

holy cow!!! i think my pants just got tighter from even thinking about making these because i know i will devour the whole batch! now i just need to make some brownies and hide them from the family so i can make them =)

Seriously the perfect cookie in my eyes! I love brownies!

SharonS says:

Having leftover brownies might be an issue. Looks amazing!

Oh man…I can see now that my pre-wedding diet is simply not going to work out. ;)

tia bennett says:

leftover brownies? what are those? heehee

Liz says:

I’m gonna have to make these stat! Thanks for sharing such a fun looking recipe :)

leslie says:

Dangerous Indeed! See you next week!

these are definately nom-able.

Oh my… These look sinfully delicious. I’ll need to whip up a batch ^_~

Courtney says:

Stoppppp you’re ruining my diet. teehee. I love this :) I have made the stuffed Oreo chocolate chip cookies way too many times to count. Can’t wait to try these!

Lisa says:

Holy cow these look AMAZING!

Chrissy says:

These look incredible!! It will solve my common dilemma of wheather I should make brownies or cookies!

marla says:

So much greatness packed inside these cookies! Bet your boys were all over these :) xo

Sandy says:

I have to try these! I love your brownie stuffed cookie recipe (it’s become my go-to “wow” desert to share with others)and this looks equally delish and even easier! Thank’s so much for your awsome ideas & recipes :)

Gwen M says:

I want to try these!!! I would like to have the brownie recipe too!!!

Thesha says:

These look devine! Brownies just make the world a better place. :o)

Michelle says:

These cookies look delicious! and I want those little “jugs” that your milk is in too! where can I find them? :)

Erin A says:

I can’t say no to cookies that taste like brownies. The only problem is I’ll eat all the brownies before they could ever make it in the cookies.

Kylie says:

Oh my heavens… those look dangerous indeed!!!

I just had some leftover brownies that I had to toss. These would have been perfect to make!

Lauren says:

Oh my goodness! You slay me Jenny. These look sinful/wonderful!

P.S. You should stop by our National Food Blogger’s Bake Sale in San Diego while you are there this weekend, we would love to meet you! Plus, you could grab some extra goodies for your day at the beach! It’s taking place in Pacific Beach so if you are going to be close by and are interested, the details are on our blog :)

Laurie says:

Where did you find those little glass milk bottles? I have been looking for those and thought they only had them in New Zealand. Did you find them here in the U.S.?

CookiePie says:

Ooooh yum! The only thing better than chocolate chip cookies… chocolate chip cookies with brownie chunks in them! Genius!

Those look amazing! So rich and delicious!

Becky says:

Have you ever thought of opening a bakery/cookie shop? I would be a regular!!!

Katrina says:

Such a great idea! Yum!

Omg, how do you come up with these desserts! I think I gained 5 lbs just reading this post!lol. I’ll have to bake these at my next boys play date, your oreo chocolate chip cookie recipe was a hit at the last party!