Don't miss a single recipe from Picky Palate: sign up for my weekly newsletter

May
2011

Bacon and Ranch Cajun Baby Cheeseburgers

Tags: , , ,

Dinner

There is nothing I like better than juicy burgers, especially baby burgers.  I developed a simple Cajun seasoning mix that is mixed right into the burgers.  Pepperjack cheese, tomatoes and bacon are piled on top with Ranch dressing spread on warm toasted buns.

Wait until you try this one, it’s delicious!

I am on my way probably as you are reading this to Atlanta for the BlogHer Food Conference.  I am looking forward to speaking on a panel about Picky Eaters.  Should be fun.  I’ll be sure to snap lots of pictures to share soon!

Hope you enjoy :)

Start with your ground beef.

Here is my simple Cajun seasoning mix that consists of Smoked paprika, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and oregano.

Take 1 teaspoon of the mix and add it to the beef.

Add 1 teaspoon of hot sauce such as Siracha or Tabasco.

1 teaspoon minced garlic

Give it a good mix, I prefer using my hands.

Form into 8 equal size patties.

Cook until browned, about 2 minutes per side and top with cheese.

Toast the buns in the same skillet until browned.

I love these mini hamburger buns from Trader Joes, however any dinner roll of choice will do.

Set out all of your toppings so you can quickly assemble your burgers.

Spread buns with Ranch dressing.  Can’t wait to share my Homemade Ranch in my upcoming cookbook!

Layer buns with arugula, burger, tomato, bacon, and top roll.

Here you have my Bacon and Ranch Cajun Baby Cheeseburgers.

It’s more than helpful to use a pick to hold these together :)

Bacon and Ranch Cajun Baby Cheeseburgers

Cajun Seasoning

1 teaspoon smoked or regular paprika

1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

1/4 teaspoon dried Oregano

Burgers

1 pound lean ground beef

1 teaspoon Cajun Seasoning

1 teaspoon hot sauce, such as Siracha or Tabasco

2 slices pepperjack cheese, quartered (8 pieces)

1 teaspoon minced garlic

2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

8 mini hamburger buns or dinner rolls, split

1/4 cup prepared Ranch dressing (My homemade recipe coming in the cookbook, yay)

16 arugula leaves or lettuce of choice

8 Roma tomato slices

4 cooked, crisp bacon slices

1. Place all Cajun seasonings into a bowl, mix to combine.

2. Place beef, seasoning, hot sauce, and garlic into a large bowl and mix until just combined. I prefer to combine the beef with my hands. Form the mixture into 8 equal size patties.

3. Place oil into a large skillet over medium heat. In batches, place patties into hot skillet and cook until browned, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Place a quarter of cheese on top of each burger to melt.

4. Place rolls, split side down into same skillet until toasted, about 1 minute.

5. Spread dressing onto insides of warm toasted rolls. Layer bottom roll with arugula leaves, a burger, a tomato slice and a bacon slice cut in half. Close with top roll. I placed a pick inside each burger to hold them together. These babies are tall.

Makes 8 servings

_______________________________

Have a great rest of your week!  Come back soon :)

Comments

Apron Appeal says:

Well, if you’re going to stack a burger like that, it’s probably best to keep it baby size. I still don’t know how I’d get my mouth around the height of that though, I may need a knife and fork.

oh wow…so cute…I love burger, I can eat it in 2 bites lol..but I need to watch my the calories and fats from that burger with my nutritional calculator

i love mini burgers…it just means i can eat more since they’re smaller!

These look so good! I love making my own seasoning blends–so much better and lower in sodium.

Clare says:

Perfect!

Liz says:

These look amazing — I love the pick you use to hold them together – so cute!

Lori Lange says:

So cute & so much better looking than any of the ones that we tried in Atlanta. Good TJ’s find!

Thanks Lori! Yah, wasn’t thrilled with the ones we had in ATL, however we had plenty other good food to compensate, lol!

Jessica says:

Super cute! I love the idea of making them cajun too. Will have to try something like this! Love trader joes too.

I love the little burgers! Too cute!

jenna says:

I love anything mini! these look so fun and delicious!!

Deborah says:

I love how tall those little guys are!! And is it strange that I’m craving a burger for breakfast now?? :)

Ricki says:

Oh those mini burgers are almost too cute to eat! They look delicious! :)

I’m sitting at work this morning viewing this wonderful post salivating. I’m going to try these this memorial day weekend I think, though I’ll toss them on the grill. Thanks for another wonderful recipe Jenny! Can’t wait to hear about that home made ranch dressing.

your little burgers are adorable and I saw Amanda post a picture of you on her twitter of you giving your talk at BlogHer..you looked great. Can’t wait to hear all about it! I know there were sooo many tweets and I’m sure posts of things that I’ve missed but I hope you had a blast and you looked like a natural speaking to everyone :)

Wow. Wish the ones we ate on SAT. night were like this. HA! Beautiful pix and my mouth is watering now, at 730 AM! :)

Erin says:

Adorable and delicious looking!

These are too cute! Love the last pic of them all stacked on top of each other! Wish I had a Trader Joe’s where I live so that I can get some of those mini buns.

Love this idea… these are adorable!

Love those little sliders. I hope you had a fantastic time in Atlanta and that your session went well.

Michelle M says:

These are so delicious looking! Unfortunately, I have looked at our TJ’s for these buns and the people who work there have NO idea what I am talking about! Maybe it’s a regional thing for them? Not sure- but we are in Seattle and they are nowhere to be found here!

They look perfect for a party but I have a bigger (or should I say smaller?) bun problem. No TJ’s in Colorado! I’ll have to keep my eye out; someone else surely makes slider buns right?

Cajun seasoning seems to be in right now. Maybe I should actually try something Cajun style, get in on the fad.

Sue says:

These look fantastic! I’m going to run and get some mini buns from Trader Joe’s:)

EatLiveRun says:

Oh man, I want, like, seven of these bad boys!

Oh how cute! I am totally craving a bacon and ranch cajun baby cheeseburger kabob now!

Love the cajun spices in your burger mix, definitely going to be using that next time I make burgers! These look so adorable that they are making me super hungry!

sibylle says:

They look great and yummy!!!

Sara says:

These burgers are so cute! And the sound delicious. Yummy!

Christina says:

So good! I love that it is burger season. Can’t wait to try this out!

Mamie says:

Do you know if there is any dairy/ milk ingredient in the trader joe’s buns? My son has an allergy and our nearest trader joe’s is an our away.

leslie says:

LOL..I just had to laugh at that last photo..how in the world did you get those babies to stay like that? I searched all through the photo for a tiny kids finger holding them up from the back…but no finger in sight!!! LOL they look delish!!!

bianca says:

Yum! Those look delish!

Yummy! I just love grilling season! Once this rain clears up, I am so there!

Duney Roberts says:

These mini-burgers looks absolutely brilliant. I can’t want to make them! :D

Baby burgers, sliders, little gems no matter how you say it! Love those TJ’s mini hamburger buns. Gotta look for them over here :) xo

Aww man, I hope those little burger buns are coming to my Trader Joe’s soon! That is ADORABLE!

Shaina says:

Gorgeous and perfect for this weekend! I love that they’re sliders, too. Those buns are fantastic.

Karly says:

I’m a total sucker for mini ANYTHING. But, most especially, cheeseburgers. These look delish!

Tracy says:

These are SO adorable! Love them!!

[...] make sure that you follow this wonderful checklist!Speaking of grills – how about these Bacon and Ranch Cajun Baby Cheeseburgers from Picky Palate?  Talk about incorporating all the delish with pepperjack cheese, tomatoes and bacon for any [...]

These are just too cute!! I could eat a hundred of these!!!

Sues says:

Oh my gosh, I wonder if we have those mini buns at my local Trader Joe’s! I can never find anything like that! These burgers look amazing and like so much fun. Also, I’m SOOO disappointed we didn’t get to meet at BlogHer :(

What are the amounts for the ingredients of your Cajun seasoning?

[...] from Taste and Tell (pictured above) Grilled Eggplant, Halloumi and Pesto Burgers from Veggie Belly Bacon and Ranch Cajun Baby Cheeseburgers from Picky Palate Stuffed Cheddar Bacon Burgers from Confections of a Foodie Bride Herbed Turkey [...]

Adrienzgirl says:

These sound and look amazing! I’m giving them a try next time I make burgers!!

Those look EVIL. I think ranch and bacon on a burger is to die for. My husband made a burger a few weeks ago that called for putting the meat in the freezer for a short time before forming. He says it worked like a charm.

I’ve made these twice now (regular sized burgers) and LOVE them! I almost want to eat the burger plain so I can savor the flavors!

[...] Picky Palate: Bacon and Ranch Baby Cheeseburgers [...]

How can you go wrong with sliders! Such a great excuse to enjoy more than one hamburger :) Gave this recipe a shout out on The Daily Dish today!

my husband would give his right arm for these burgers! okay… i would too! :) looks so yummy!