Sharing our favorite sliders today! These Baked Fajita Sliders are a perfect quick fix weeknight dinner for busy back to school nights!
Back to school weeknight dinners can be so tricky when you are juggling all of the kids activities and homework. Love this super simple dinner idea that the whole family will love and can even customize their own little slider.
Try my Taco Bacon Cheeseburgers too! Follow Picky Palate on Instagram for daily recipe inspiration.
Once your beef is mixed, press into your 9×13 inch baking dish and bake until cooked through, about 30 minutes.
While the burgers are cooking, sauté some thinly sliced onions.
Add some thinly sliced red bell peppers as well. Cook and stir until they are nice and soft.
Best Hamburger Recipe
Once the beef is cooked through, drain the grease if necessary then top with cheese slices. Place back into the oven until melted 🙂
Cut your burgers into squares that fit your buns then top with your softened onions and peppers. They are sweet and delicious.
Add a little leaf of lettuce and close with a toothpick if you’d like with a pickle attached. How fun are these?! Enjoy 🙂
Tips For Baked Burgers
- Try adding different seasonings to your ground beef for variety.
- Add finely chopped vegetables to your ground beef too.
- Try this recipe with ground turkey and ground chicken.
- Store leftover burgers in an airtight container for 3 days in the refrigerator.
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- Two 1 oz packages Fajita Seasoning Mix
- 5 slices thinly sliced cheese squares
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 12 small rolls split (We used Hawaiian Sweet Rolls)
- 12 small lettuce leaves trimmed to fit burgers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9×13 inch baking dish lightly with non stick cooking spray.
- Place ground beef and Fajita Seasoning into a large mixing bowl, stirring to combine. Transfer beef to prepared baking sheet and press down evenly into dish. Bake for 30 minutes, or until baked through. Remove and drain grease if necessary. Top with cheese slices and return back to oven for a couple minutes to melt cheese. Remove and cut burgers into appropriate squares to fit your slider rolls.
- While burgers are baking, heat oil into a large skillet over medium heat. Add sliced onions and red bell peppers, stirring until softened. Takes about 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Spread mayonnaise onto rolls and layer with a burger, onions and peppers, then lettuce leaf. Close with top roll and use a long toothpick to keep together if desired. Serve warm.