Sharing our favorite sliders today! These Baked Fajita Sliders are a perfect quick fix weeknight dinner for busy back to school nights!
Back to school weeknight dinners can be so tricky when you are juggling all of the kids activities and homework. Love this super simple dinner idea that the whole family will love and can even customize their own little slider.
Try my Taco Bacon Cheeseburgers too! Follow Picky Palate on Instagram for daily recipe inspiration.
Once your beef is mixed, press into your 9×13 inch baking dish and bake until cooked through, about 30 minutes.
While the burgers are cooking, sauté some thinly sliced onions.
Add some thinly sliced red bell peppers as well. Cook and stir until they are nice and soft.
Best Hamburger Recipe
Once the beef is cooked through, drain the grease if necessary then top with cheese slices. Place back into the oven until melted 🙂
Cut your burgers into squares that fit your buns then top with your softened onions and peppers. They are sweet and delicious.
Add a little leaf of lettuce and close with a toothpick if you’d like with a pickle attached. How fun are these?! Enjoy 🙂
Tips For Baked Burgers
- Try adding different seasonings to your ground beef for variety.
- Add finely chopped vegetables to your ground beef too.
- Try this recipe with ground turkey and ground chicken.
- Store leftover burgers in an airtight container for 3 days in the refrigerator.
Baked Fajita Sliders
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- Two 1 oz packages Fajita Seasoning Mix
- 5 slices thinly sliced cheese squares
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 12 small rolls split (We used Hawaiian Sweet Rolls)
- 12 small lettuce leaves trimmed to fit burgers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9×13 inch baking dish lightly with non stick cooking spray.
- Place ground beef and Fajita Seasoning into a large mixing bowl, stirring to combine. Transfer beef to prepared baking sheet and press down evenly into dish. Bake for 30 minutes, or until baked through. Remove and drain grease if necessary. Top with cheese slices and return back to oven for a couple minutes to melt cheese. Remove and cut burgers into appropriate squares to fit your slider rolls.
- While burgers are baking, heat oil into a large skillet over medium heat. Add sliced onions and red bell peppers, stirring until softened. Takes about 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Spread mayonnaise onto rolls and layer with a burger, onions and peppers, then lettuce leaf. Close with top roll and use a long toothpick to keep together if desired. Serve warm.
Made these for dinner last night and we loved them! Thanks for sharing!
So glad to hear it Kim! Glad you enjoyed them.
Making these tonight… I made these about a month ago for the first time and now my husband asks for them every other night, no joke. His excuse is that they are so easy to make lol.
Why people still make use of to read news papers when in this
technological globe the whole thing is existing on web?
Yum!! Such a good idea – these would be perfect for a last minute family get together!!
I like that these baked fajita sliders are quick and easy to make. What’s more is that it’s enough for a whole family.
I love the idea of cooking the burger in the own and THEN cutting them into squares!
What a great idea for making a bunch of sliders at one time! Definitely an easy weeknight dinner! 🙂
What a great idea! That’s the perfect way to get dinner on the table quickly.
What a fun, fast meal idea!
What a great way of cooking several hamburger patties at once!
What an amazingly simple idea! I love beef fajitas, and this is the perfect spin on them. Baking in a 9×13 is much less work than firing up the grill, for sure! Thanks for the awesome recipe!
I think you’ll love this one Jessica, thanks!!
Such a fun burger Jenny! Trying this recipe asap!!
Thank you for the nice and easy recipe.
What a GREAT idea! I am so doing this better than grease splattering everywhere or heating up the grill! Fabulous:)
What a fun recipe!
Fun dinner recipe!
These are the cutest little sliders! I am not really looking forward to the chaos of the school year starting, but these would help!
I agree, it can be so so tricky trying to juggle it all, but these sliders –easy and so good!
What a great idea!! Love that you did this in a baking dish!
I could eat 27 of these bad boys! Love the spin on fajitas!
Why have I never thought to make slider patties in a 9×13 and then just cut them out?! I’d avoid the dreaded “the patty is smaller than the bun” syndrome!
My whole family would love these, especially on Hawaiian Sweet Rolls. Thanks for the easy recipe!
I don’t have kids but the big kids in our house will love this! (READ: me and my husband). Mouth watering!
Even though I don’t have kids to send back to school, I am still totally in love with these sliders. A fajita on a bun? Genius! Pinned!