Aug
2011

Chicken Florentine Bowtie Pasta

Tags: ,

Dinner

Here’s a deliciously simple weeknight dinner for you that I prepared for Goodbite.com and the Real Women of Philadelphia.  This is one of those dinners the the whole family loves.  Creamy with lots of chicken and full of flavor :)  Enjoy!!

I am off to San Diego for the weekend with my traveling BFF Amanda.  Follow our fun as we hunt down the best sweet shops the city has to offer :)  I’ll be posting faithfully on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.

Chicken Florentine Bowtie Pasta

2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 cup finely chopped white onion
1 clove minced garlic
4 cups baby spinach leaves
2 cups cooked shredded chicken breast
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 Cups Philadelphia Cooking Creme
1 pound bowtie pasta or other small noodle
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Place oil in Dutch oven or large pot over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring until tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring for 1 minute. Stir in spinach leaves, cook, stirring until wilted about 2 minutes. Add chicken, salt, and pepper, and cook until heated through, about 3 minutes. Add cooking cream, stirring to combine.
3. Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and run under cold water to stop cooking. Add pasta to chicken mixture stirring to combine. Transfer to prepared baking dish and top with cheese. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, until cheese is melted.Makes 8 servings

Click HERE to watch a step by step video of me making this dish on Goodbite.com :)

Have a great weekend!!  xoxo

Comments

Jenny what a great recipe..that would make planned leftovers, which is the way I cook: with EXTRA in mind so I dont have to cook again at the next meal. I just…reheat :)

Hope your drive down to San Diego is smooth and traffic-free!

i want to go to san diego! hope you guys have a blast (as i’m sure you will)!

Love this pasta Jenny, a perfect meal for the lunch box too!

Sues says:

Yum! I love creamy one-dish dinners like this. Have a blast at BlogHer!!! So sad I’m not there :(

Bev Weidner says:

Is there any way at all that I could canoe my way through that casserole and eat as I go? Seriously. I’m dying.

Great job!! Loved your video. Can’t wait to see you girls tonight!

Melissa says:

Okay, what’s Philadelphia cooking creme? This sounds delish.

Allison says:

Looks delicious…what if we can’t find the cooking creme…can we sub cream cheese or something with some added spices? Help Jenny…this looks delicious and I want to know! YUM! :)

Tara Lynn says:

I’m always looking for a new pasta recipe and I love that this uses the cooking creme. That stuff is my new obsession. Thanks for the recipe!

Heidi says:

If I wasn’t pregnant and having major food aversions, I’d totally make that for dinner. All of (what used to be) my favorite foods in one dish. Yum. Maybe in another month.

Erin says:

Huge fan of simple weeknight diners, want to try this soon!

LC says:

Oh yum! I am going to make this tonight. I’ve been wanting to try the new Philly flavored cream cheeses — this looks so delicious and easy. Thanks!

Megan Siana says:

Yum. I will try this very soon!

Carrie says:

Should you use the plain cooking creme or one of the flavored versions?

heather bell says:

Wow! That loooks really good!

Niki says:

Yum! Indulgent, but simple!

Jenn P says:

Yum! I wish they would make a reduced fat cooking creme! I drool over your recipes. Now that I’m doing Weight Watchers, I’d have to plan my whole day around you super yummy, indulgent dishes! Yummy!

Use one block of reduced fat creme cheese and a half cup of chicken broth. Melt and stir over low leat. Voila, lower fat cooking creme! You can add different spices for different flavones.

Crystal B says:

This looks delicious! Which Cooking Creme did you use?

Denise Rowe says:

Made this for dinner last night. Used the plain cooking creme, it’s the only one the store had. It was very yummy, love to try it with a flavored.

Connie says:

Where is cooking creme in the store? I have never heard of it!? I want to make this but not sure where to find!?

Jennifer C says:

what flavor cooking creme?

That looks delicious!!! Anything with noodles and cheese is right up my alley! :)

Cheryl Newton says:

I was also going to ask what flavor; I was going to guess the Italian one, what with the mozzarella and all. I *completely* forgot there’s an unflavored one.

LC says:

I made this last night, and I could hardly resist picking the pan clean! It’s a great recipe and we certainly enjoyed it and look forward to our lunchtime leftovers. I really like the new (new to me) Philadelphia Cooking Cream and can’t wait to pick up the other flavors on my next shopping trip. Have a great time in my beautiful hometown, SD!

Holly says:

I made this last night and it turned out great! I used McCormick italian spices on my chicken. Also sprinkled some on the top of the spinach as it was cooking and on top of the dish before I put it into the over. My husband went back for 3rds. =o)
    You didn’t specify which cooking creme you used but I went ahead and used the italian cheese and herb, perfect. =o)

Lora Bakalar says:

Hi: Curious to know the name of the font you used for this wonderful dish?
    ~ Thanx

Shannon says:

Just wanted to say that I made this recipe for some guys and they loved it!! They said it was a keeper! I can’t wait to try more of your recipes! Thanks!

Jill B says:

I made this dish for dinner tonight! It was so good! The whole family loved it and it was so easy to make!!!

Lane says:

Do you know if I can freeze this? (before putting mozzarella on top)

Carrie Grasty says:

OMG, I fixed this for dinner tonight and it was AMAZING!The grocery store was out of fresh baby spinach, so I had to use a box of frozen chopped spinach. SO pleased with how it all came together!!! Can’t wait to have it again!!! Thank you!

Marian says:

I have this baking in the oven right now! I added some yellow squash I had in the fridge and used the italian herb philly cheese creme! Smells delicious! Thanks for the great dinner idea!

Kendra g says:

Just made this; it was delicious! Thank you for posting!

[...] 51. Pumpkin Pie Spice 50. Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries 49. M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies 48. Chicken Florentine Pasta 47. Chocolate Chunk Peanut Butter Swirl Fudgy Cookies 46. Sweet Potato and Black Bean Tacos 45. [...]

IndianaAnna says:

Made this last night using unflavored Philadelphia cooking creme. It was delicious! In fact, I’ve been counting the hours this morning until I can eat leftovers for lunch. I’m thinking I might try it out with the Italian flavored creme next time.

Just Jaimie says:

What a great way to incorporate spinach into a meal! My picky 2 year old is going to love this!

[...] found this recipe over at Picky Palate and thought I would give it a try. This Chicken Florentine Bowtie Pasta is a great weeknight dinner that didn’t take much time to put together. To make it even similar [...]

[...] Chicken Florentine Bowtie Pasta [...]

Looks yummy! I’m going to make a meal for someone soon, and this looks like the perfect thing! Thanks!

Made this earlier in the week. Big hit with my two biggest critics – my husband and my child. I separated the pasta into two 8 x 8 casserole dishes then cooked one and put the other in the freezer. I LOVE finding recipes that I can freeze for later!

[...] I’m behind by a day posting this recipe, but I was so super tired on Monday night that I just couldn’t even think of blogging.  Anyway, this spinach and chicken pasta dish we made on Monday was yummy and actually pretty easy for a weeknight dinner.  You can find the recipe here. [...]

sweetpumpkin says:

This is so yummy! I’ve made it about 4 times now. I have been making a half batch since it is just the two of us. My husband likes it reheated but I am not as big of fan of this one reheated. The night of though it is super gooey and good. Thanks for another go to recipe!

[...] here is a great savory recipe for you- Chicken Florentine Bowtie Pasta Bake- [...]

[...] Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and run under cold water to stop cooking. Add pasta to chicken mixture stirring to combine. Transfer to prepared baking dish and top with cheese. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, until cheese is melted. Courtesy of: http://picky-palate.com/2011/08/05/chicken-florentine-bowtie-pasta/#more-15671 [...]

foodie says:

This is soooooo good!!
    Thank you, thank you!!

[...] Cheese and Sausage Homemade Mac and Cheese Chicken Florentine Bowtie Pasta Pepperoni (or any topping really) Pizza Enchiladas Mexi-Chicken Campenelle Dinner Bacon and onion [...]

Nikki Marie says:

So good!! I made mine with a box of frozen spinach since they were out of regular spinach at the store. I also used the savory garlic flavor creme, delish!!

[...] she asked me to make chicken florentine bowtie pasta for dinner. It was delicious. Head on over to Picky Palate for the full [...]

Alessia says:

Chicken Bowtie Pasta: PHENOM! I am eating the leftovers as I type. Great weeknight “what am I going to cook for dinner that won’t take forever” dish!