May
2012

White Chocolate Cupcakes with Cookie Dough Frosting

Desserts

Recipe updated May 31st 2012 Please see recipe :)

Ok, these cupcakes are kinda to die for.  I developed a soft sweet white chocolate cupcake with a egg free cookie dough frosting that is perfect with a mini chocolate chip cookie on top.

Grab the kids and treat yourself to one of my new favorite cupcakes.  I absolutely LOVE these liners by Reynolds.  I find them at my grocery store, but just in case, here’s a link for ya!

Hope you enjoy!

Forgive my lack of step by step photos for this recipe.  Lucky for you, it’s practically a one bowl cupcake, so no worries!

Be sure to pick up some mini chocolate chip cookies and mini chocolate chips from your grocery store to garnish your cupcakes.  I used these adorable swirl chips that my father-in-law sent me from a Sprouts in Mesa, AZ, however you can use any mini chocolate chip :)

White Chocolate Cupcakes with Cookie Dough Frosting

Update as of May 31st 2012.  Since I got a handful of emails saying the cupcake did not work for some I re-did the recipe and it worked just fine again for me.  I also tried reducing the sugar to 1/2 cup and that worked fine as well.  Please make sure you do NOT use an electric mixer.  Just stir by hand and only until just combined.  Be sure to only fill your cupcake liners 3/4 full and be sure to cook until golden.  If you don’t bake long enough centers will fall.

1 cup all purpose flour

1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1 cup granulated sugar (you can reduce to 1/2 cup sugar as well see note above)

1 cup white chocolate chips

2 eggs

1/2 cup sour cream

1/2 cup vegetable oil

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Frosting

8 tablespoons (1 stick) softened unsalted butter

1/2 cup granulated sugar

1/2 cup packed light brown sugar

1/4 teaspoon kosher salt

1/4 teaspoon vanilla

1 cup all purpose flour

1-2 tablespoons milk if needed to thin out dough

mini chocolate chips

mini chocolate chip cookies for garnish

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line 12 cupcake cups with paper liners.

2. In a large bowl, add the flour, salt, baking soda and sugar. Stir to combine.

3. Place white chips into a medium ramekin and microwave until melted and smooth, about 60 seconds.

4. Add eggs, sour cream, oil, vanilla and melted chocolate to dry ingredients, stirring until combined. Fill liners 3/4 full with cupcake batter and bake for 15-18 minutes or until baked through. Let cool completely.

5. To prepare frosting, place butter, sugars into a stand mixer, beat for 3 minutes, until light and fluffy.  Add vanilla, flour and salt  to mixer.  Beat until well combined.  Add milk to thin out frosting if desired.   Frost over cool cupcakes, sprinkle with mini chips and a mini chocolate chip cookie.

Makes 12 cupcakes

___________________________________

Have a great day!  Come back soon :)

Comments

Oh I LOVE cookie dough anything…I mean, who doesn’t? It’s even my favorite ice cream flavor. I know you hit a home run with these….I can’t wait to try them!! Oh my…I won’t be able to get them out of my head!

OMG these look incredible! I love cupcakes and chocolate chip cookies, so what a perfect combination! Those mini chocolate chips are such a great touch!

Kathryn says:

I love those mini chocolate chips on top! So adorable. In fact, this whole cupcake is just too cute!

I’d probably eat the frosting by the spoonful before it made its way onto the cupcakes!

The title itself has so many words I love… :)

You always make the best goodies!!! I’ll have to make these for the kiddo, well, and myself! ;) Love your red cake stand!

These look to dies for. And that frosting? Be still my heart. I could forgo the cupcake in lieu of a bowl of frosting!!!

Those look so yummy! I love the cupcake liners!

Yummy! We were both thinking cookie cupcakes today!!

These are beautiful!! Love this idea!

TidyMom says:

you had me at cookie dough Jenny! this look fabulous!

Lauren says:

I think I just passed out for a second there…

I love this flavor combo!! Send a dozen (or two) over!!

Jennifer says:

That frosting sounds great! I might have to make these for our Memorial Day BBQ!

katie says:

Mmmm white chocolate cupcakes. I must make stat!

I can’t get over that frosting!!!

I’m on a white chocolate kick right now so these look divine. Love the mini cookie on top too!

Helene says:

You got me at the cookie dough frosting. Oh my I would love one right now :)

Liza says:

you are a genius!!! dh loves cookie dough, I definitely need to make this frosting

Karly says:

My husband loooooooves white chocolate. He will be a fan of these, for sure!

Amanda says:

Oh my gosh, your white chocolate cupcakes sound like a dream! And I bet that little bit of sweetened condensed milk sends the frosting over the top! These look amazing!! :)

Jennifer says:

I wish I could eat these now. Like Right. Now. Yummy! I haven’t seen those tiny white and milk chocolate chips in a long time. Now I feel I should go on the hunt for them just so I can make these cupcakes!

love love these! Hope you had a great weekend!

Love these! And I love that cake stand! SO fun!

Alyssa says:

This look so cute & sound delicious!

Yes, yes and yes. Cookie dough frosting, I’m there!

OH my goodness. This is pretty much my perfect cupcake. Bookmarked faster than you can say “More, please!”

Robyn says:

Is it wrong that the first thing I thought was to double the frosting so that I can eat half?

Cassie says:

Oh my goodness, I would eat the whole bowl of frosting before it made it to the cupcakes. Love this, Jenny!

You always make the best looking desserts, Jenny! These cupcakes are no exception… they look decadent and absolutely delish! Thanks for sharing. Also, I’m having a ChicWrap giveaway today that you should enter!

Lynna H. says:

Oh my, these are incredible!

Gorgeous liners! And these cupcakes are out of this world! I’m a sucker for white chocolate so these babies are just screaming my name.

Amazing photos. these cupcakes look like they are too die for. I’d love to have a bite.. ooh.. love how you used oil in your cupcakes.. they make em so moist.

Erika says:

These look AWESOME! How would you suggest to store them… that is if any are left ;)

I don’t want to detract from the gorgeous cupcakes, but that cake stand is fantastic!! I’m feeling kind of jealous right now!

Renee says:

Brilliant. Cookie dough is my kryptonite.

Francesca says:

Lovely cupcakes, recipe and photos – please can I ask where you got the cute mini chocolate chips from? Thank you.

Hi Francesca, my father in law sent them to me from AZ from Sprouts grocery. I know Nestle sells a regular size swirl chip.

You had me at cookie dough frosting!

I made brownie cupcakes this weekend and frosted them with cookie dough frosting. :) A bit different than your recipe, but still delicious! I love the way you decorated yours Jenny. Those little chocolate chip cookies are too cute!

So visually-pleasing! I LOVE that you used CHOCOLATE!!!!!!! :D

Sheena says:

Gorgeous! I’d like to know the brand of chocolate chips too! Will try to buy online, as I’m in Australia. :)

Hi Sheena, my father in law sent them to me from Sprouts grocery in Mesa, AZ. They sold them in those large bins so I am not sure of the brand. I know Nestle makes a regular size swirl chip. Hope this helps!

Ohmygod. So many recipes of yours that I want to try. I can’t keep up! White chocolate and cookie dough…genius!

Kim says:

Those cupcakes are just gorgeous and so are the photos! Great compositiion! I love your swirled mini chips, who makes then? I don’t know if this interest you or not, but if you use Maran eggs there is little to no risk for salmonella because their darkly pigmented eggs are significantly smaller than other breeds and therefore Marans eggs are less susceptible to salmonella and stay fresher longer. They are highly prized in French cooking, being thought to have superior taste. I raise backyard chickens, but I believe you can find maran eggs in whole foods etc. Just thought you might be interested in this info. Have a good one, love your site;)

Kim says:

Oops, I meant to say that the pores of the Maran eggs are significantly smaller than other breeds, not the eggs, they are basically large eggs lol

Tamira says:

Im about to make these for my son and my husband. Hopefully they enjoy them :)

marla says:

Cookie dough frosting is calling to me. Loudly! Love it girl. Yes on get together soon. Will be in Telluride this weekend. After that….xo

Those look incredibllllleeeee! & I love those Reynolds liners too! Can’t go wrong with damask :)