These might be my favorite brownie recipe yet. Thick, chewy and perfectly chocolatey with bits of toffee and chocolate chunks. Not sure it gets much better than that 🙂
I used all of one bowl to prepare these, can you handle how difficult? Haha, seriously, these are so simple it’s silly to not try the deliciousness yourself.
Start with one stick of butter and melt it until nice and hot in the microwave.
Pour in your semi-sweet chocolate chips and give a nice stir. They’ll melt quickly.
See? They all don’t need to be melted, so no worries if you have a few chips partially melted.
Time for the dry ingredients.
Add them right to the bowl.
Some sugar 🙂
A little brown sugar.
Time for a little mix.
Add two whole large eggs plus one extra yolk.
A touch of vegetable oil. Then give a nice stir until thick and well combined.
Here’s the fun part, the chocolate chunks! I keep mine large and in charge, but you can even use chocolate chips and these will be fantastic.
I also added a generous portion of milk chocolate toffee bits. Heath Brand.
Mix, mix, mix.
Transfer to an 8×8 inch baking pan and now it’s time to bake.
I might frame this picture so I can look at it everyday, lol! Yum!
Perfect brownies, according to me 🙂 Enjoy!
One Bowl Homemade Chocolate Chunk and Toffee Chip Brownies
- 1 stick/8 tablespoons unsalted softened butter
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup all-purpose Gold Medal Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs plus 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups chocolate chunks
- 8 ounce bag milk chocolate toffee chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line an 8×8 inch baking dish with foil that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Place butter into a large mixing bowl and microwave until melted and hot, about 45 seconds or so. Pour in chocolate chips and stir until mostly melted. It’s ok, if it’s not perfectly smooth. Add flour, salt and sugars. Mix a few times then add egg yolks and oil. Mix until well combined then add chocolate chunks and toffee chips.
- Transfer batter to prepared baking dish, spreading evenly. Bake for 35-40 minutes, until cooked through.
Makes 9-12 Servings
This post is in partnership with Gold Medal Flour, but opinions are my own.
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.