Don't miss a single recipe from Picky Palate: sign up for my weekly newsletter

Bacon, Ranch and Cheddar Mashed Potatoes

Tags: , , , ,

Appetizers and Sides

Bacon Ranch and Cheddar Mashed Potatoes by Picky Palate

I’ve come to the realization that I have a slight obsession with Bacon, Ranch and Cheddar recipes which is why you see them so much on Picky Palate.  My mashed potatoes today are absolutely sinful.  Packed with my favorite potato flavors, it’s hard to resist them!

Let’s have a mashed potato night shall we?!

Start by peeling 2 1/2 pounds of russet potatoes.

diced potatoes

Rinse and cube your potatoes into 1 inch cubes.

Boiling potatoes

Boil those babies until they are fork tender, about 10-15 minutes.

garlic and ranch

Add your milk and seasonings.

Butter, pepper and cheese please!

Grab a spoon and give a taste :)

More cheese on top to melt.  Mmm!

Bacon Ranch and Cheddar Mashed Potatoes by Picky Palate

Add crumbled bacon on top and you are ready to munch!

Bacon Ranch and Cheddar Mashed Potatoes by Picky Palate

Bacon, Ranch and Cheddar Mashed Potatoes

Bacon Ranch and Cheddar Mashed Potatoes by Picky Palate Ingredients

• 2 1/2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
  • 1 stick unsalted butter
  • 1 cup warm milk (I used skim)
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt (I use Lawry’s)
  • 1 teaspoon dry Ranch dressing seasoning
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
  • 2 cups cooked, crumbled bacon pieces

1. Boil cubed potatoes for 10-15 minutes or until fork tender. Drain and place into the bowl of a stand mixer.
  2. Add your butter, milk, garlic salt, pepper, Ranch seasoning and 1/2 cup of shredded cheese. Mix until just combined. Transfer potatoes to a large dutch oven or pot over medium heat. Top with remaining shredded cheese and close lid to melt cheese for 3-5 minutes. Remove lid and serve with crumbled bacon on top.

Makes 8 Servings

Amy Snell says:

These look wonderful!! Love using the kitchen aid instead of hand mashing :)

I’m sure the picky palates I have home would love that !

Having been born in Idaho to two parents who grew up on potato farms, I would say you hit this one outta the ballpark! YUM!

I could eat this with a side salad and call it a meal….especially if that meant I could double up on these. Sounds sooo good!

Hey Jenny, you can never go wrong with bacon! And cheddar is a perfect cheese to marry with bacon too!

Bon appetite!

Ashley C says:

I both hate and love recipes like this. Looks absolutely delicious!

What a little crock of heaven!!

oh man! this looks irresistibly good!!! i love the loaded bacon on top!!

Tieghan says:

Everyone in my family would go crazy for these! Crazy!

O man! this looks like a treat from my childhood Jenny! yum!

These sound like INCREDIBLE!!! Love the ranch!! :)

Now those are potatoes my family would love.

instead of Garlic Salt, can Garlic Powder be used? Is there a loss of taste by doing that? Just looking for less salt options.

Bacon, Ranch and Cheddar…. a mouthwatering combination that everyone around here loves!

marla says:

Oh Jenny! Bring some of this over here ~ mine with extra bacon crumbles please :) XO

Crazy yum! These would go great with the meatloaf I have planned. =)

Now that is how you do mashed potatoes!

I’ve managed to avoid craving potatoes all day somehow, until now!

Darlene Epps says:

Can’t wait to make these.

Renee says:

I am in love already. I want to eat this right now. Like right now.

The perfect mash in my opinion! :)

Oh yum, this sounds so delicious and comforting!

katie hadfield says:

Chels R. says:

OH YUM!!! MY mouth is watering!

Oh man, I could go for a big heaping scoop of these right now!!!!! YUM!

[…] Bacon, Ranch and Cheddar Mashed Potatoes by Picky […]

Just what I was looking for, keep it up!