My Mini 7 Layer Bean Dip Bowls make the perfect appetizer for any party and great for game day eats! All of your favorite 7 Layer Bean Dip layers in bite size bread bowls!
7 Layer Bead Dip is the perfect game day food! So excited to share this easy appetizer recipe with you today! I transformed my idea of a 7 layer bean dip into these adorable bite size bread bowls that you can gobble up in a few bites. All of my favorite flavors layered together in a perfectly fit in your hand recipe! Check out my other Game Day Recipes too!
Make sure you follow Picky Palate on Instagram for sneak peeks on what’s coming next to the blog!
It’s always a pleasure working with Old El Paso to bring you new recipes with an awesome Mexican flare.
Hope you enjoy!
How To Prepare Super Bowl Food!
You’ll need French Bread dough for the mini bread bowls. I used Pillsbury.
You’ll slice the dough into 12 pieces.
Press the dough in bottom and up sides of muffin tin cups. As soon as your remove them from the oven, use the bottom end of a wooden spoon and press out the centers to form little bowls.
How To Prepare 7 Layer Bean Dip
Add 1 teaspoon of taco seasoning to your sour cream.
Add 2 teaspoons of taco seasoning to your refried beans.
Spread 1 teaspoon of beans into bottom of little bowls then top with 1/2 teaspoon of salsa.
Top with 1/2 teaspoon guacamole and 1/2 teaspoon sour cream.
Top with a pinch of shredded cheddar cheese.
Last but not least, top with a pinch of fresh chopped cilantro and a black olive if you’d like.
My little helper was playing cops and robbers with my little appetizers, ha! Pax was so tiny in 2015!
Serve these babies room temperature and enjoy!
Mini 7 Layer Bean Dip Bowls
- 1 pound French Bread dough I used Pillsbury
- 1/2 cup refried beans
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Old El Paso Taco Seasoning divided
- 1/4 cup mild salsa
- 1/4 cup mashed avocado
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 12 sliced black olives
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Unroll french bread dough and place on parchment paper. Cut into 12 equal slices. Press each slice of dough in bottom and up sides of muffin tin cups.
- Bake for 12 minutes, remove and with the end of a wooden spoon press centers of bread to form little bowls. Remove and set aside.
- Place beans and 2 teaspoons of Old El Paso Taco Seasoning into a small bowl. Stir to combine then spread 1 tablespoon into bottom of each bread bowl.
- Next, layer with 1 teaspoon of salsa.
- Place avocado, salt and lime juice into a small bowl, stir to combine. For the next layer top with 1 teaspoon of guacamole.
- Mix sour cream and remaining 1/2 teaspoon taco seasoning into a small bowl. Layer 1 teaspoon of cream mixture over guacamole.
- Top with a pinch of cheese, cilantro and a black olive. Serve room temperature.
This was a sponsored post in partnership with Old El Paso, 2015, however thoughts and opinions are my own.
Pin Mini 7 Layer Bean Dip Bowls