Don't miss a single recipe from Picky Palate: sign up for my weekly newsletter

May
2013

Chit Chat Ninth Edition

Chit Chat |

be417b0ab6cb11e2b4cc22000a1fbe13_7

Welcome to another addition of my chit chat page.  Hope you are enjoying these as much as I am.  If not, feel free to click over to the recipes, I’ve got lots to choose from!

First things first, I was cracking up when I saw the e-card above.  How true is this while on Pinterest?!  I’ll be pinning like crazy and realize I absolutely do this, haha!  Oh well, it’s all good fun :)

3b2c9186b7e411e2a72522000a1fb586_7

I could hardly contain my excitement this week knowing I was going to see a live taping of The Voice with my friend Sara in LA!  We were sitting right above Adam’s seat and had a great view of the stage.  What a fun night it was.  Love Love Love this show.  Grateful to the guy sitting next to us who snuck his phone in and took some pics for us.

14412556_130417170000

One of my favorite finds this week were these fun summer sandals by Sam and Libby at Target!  Remember Sam and Libby from the 90’s?  I used to wear them all the time.  Love that they are making a come back.  These look so cute on.  You can see mine on Instagram HERE.  Love these leather metallic silver flip flops from Gap too.

612f08c6b5bb11e2999b22000a9f17f6_7

So, last Sunday I was sitting in church with my family and in walks Mindy Gledhill, one of my favorite musicians ever!  So glad I introduced myself and got a picture with her.  She is so sweet.  If you haven’t heard her music, you must check it out.  She is amazing!!

90b58b12b5fa11e2868f22000a1f97ea_7

So…..when Amanda was visiting last week, we made homemade macarons together.  Let’s just say, the version I am posting first thing Monday morning is out of this world delicious!!  I think you can see what I did, haha.

2c7fa21cb28111e2b5c422000a1f9a53_7

Completely obsessed with all of the cherry blossom trees around our neighborhood.  They are just so happy and lovely right?

Jo Malone

Unsure what you should ask for Mother’s Day?  One of my good friends told me about Jo Malone cologne/perfume a couple months ago.  Guess I have been living in a box, because I didn’t know much about it.  Can I just say that they make the most beautiful scents ever?  I’ve never been a huge perfume collector until now.  Great, lol!  The fun of Jo Malone scents is that they are made to mix and match to create your own signature scent.  It’s just too much fun.  Check your local Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus and Bloomingdales if you don’t have a Jo Malone boutique.  Here’s a store locator to see where there’s one nearest you. Trust me, they are worth hunting down.  My favorites are Nectarine Blossom and Honey, Orange Blossom, Redcurrent and Cream and Blue Agava…and just about all of the others.

2f771fdcb40611e2a46122000a9d0dc6_7

My little angel boy is 8 months old now.  Little cutie pie cut his first tooth on Wednesday this week.  Can not even tell you how much I love this kid.  Pure happiness and joy!!

Have a great weekend friends!  See you Monday for a macaron party!

Comments

SaraJ says:

I love, love, love The Voice too, between Adam, Blake and Usher it is total hottie overload on that stage. I am not a fan of Blake’s music but he’s tall, funny and kind…I smile like I’m 14 every time he starts talking. :)

I was hooked on Jo Malone Pink Grapefriut forever, recently I switched to Laura Mercier, all of her scents are fabulous.

I agree! Love all of those guys on the show! I just got the grapefruit to mix with my Nectarine Blossom and Honey. I’ll have to go check out Laura Mercier too! xoxo

Sues says:

I’ve never heard of Jo Malone either, but now I must try it. And own ALL OF THEM! See what you did?? :)

Can’t believe you got to see The Voice taping! And I cannot wait for your macaron recipe!

Tieghan says:

Looks like you had an awesome week!! I mean the Voice!! So cool!!

Pax, as always is adorable! Those cheeks!!

Happy Mothers day!

Pax is too cute! And still jealous you got to see Adam:) Gotta check out those sandals too! Happy Friday!

Deborah says:

I must be living under a rock, too – I haven’t heard of Jo Malone. Going to have to check it out now!!

Beware Deborah, I want to collect at least a dozen of them. Not so good on the ol’ checkbook, lol! Happy Mother’s Day Weekend!

carol says:

Loving this new section of your blog!

Cherry Blossoms are one of my favorites! We have the Brooklyn Botanical Garden nearby which is known for their yearly cherry blossom festival and it’s unbelievably beautiful. Love this time of the year!

I can’t even believe that you went to the Voice!!!?? so cool. can’t wait for the macarons!

I can’t believe he’s already 8 months old! Time really has flown by. Those sandals are too cute and how awesome was it that you got to go to the voice?! So fun.

Pax is getting cuter everyday! Love :)

Kathy says:

Those sandals are adorable! I remember wearing Sam and Libby shoes with the big bow on the top!

Jenny I can’t believe he’s already 8 months old! What a cutie patootie!
    Loved seeing what’s happening with you, and laughed at the first pic from Pinterest… I do it too!

marla says:

OMG…..I wanna hold + play with Pax so badly. Miss u bunches girl & I love these Friday posts :)