May
2013

Food Blog Forum Orlando, 2013

Travel |

What a weekend in Orlando!  The Food Blog Forum took place at Disney World May 18th and bloggers from around the country joined together for a weekend full of food and fun.  You know I can’t resist Disney, so I gladly endured the 5 hour flight to partake in the fun.  So glad I did!

Florida in Flight

How gorgeous does FL look from the air?  Was so excited to get started with the festivities.

Walt Disney World Entrance

I was aboard the Disney Magical Express Shuttle Bus headed for my hotel.  So close!!

Disney's Grand Floridian

We stayed at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort for the weekend.  It was perfectly stunning.

Food Bloggers

Back Row left to right: AggieSommerKatrinaMeganRachelErinGinaCarlaAudraJulie
Front Row left to right: MeaganJennyTina, me (Photo via Audra)

After our opening dinner a giant group of us food bloggers were headed to Magic Kingdom.  Can you tell we were excited?  Lol!

Magic Kingdom Castle

We made it!  There’s something so magical about Cinderella’s Castle at Disney.  Even as an adult.

food-blog-forum-2013-disney-world-orlando-florida-6

Left to right: RachelGinaMeganMeaganCarlaErinJulieMeJennyKatrinaTina and Sommer

First things first, we made sure we got our photo in front of the castle.  Then we proceeded to Space Mountain and hunting down churros, turkey legs and dole whips.  Fun night indeed :)

Speakers

Right photo via Julie

Saturday morning we met nice and early in a lovely conference room at the Grand Floridian to start our sessions.  We were so lucky to hear from the Steamy Kitchen Family including their adorable boys, The White on Rice Couple, EliseJulie, Lindsay, David and so many more.  So inspirational sitting in that room.

Food Blog Forum Orlando

Photo via Julie

We are ready to go!

FBFOrl1

During our breaks we always had time for some chit chat and photos.  Love all of these gals!  Left:  Angie, Leslie, Paula, me, Rebecca and Tina.  Second photo Aggie and I.

Friends

Julie, Amanda and I on Saturday at the conference.  Love these gals!

Robin and Kiran

Two of some of the sweetest women around.  Robin from Simply Southern Baking and Kiran.

Lunch Party

Left Photo via Cate O’Malley

Where there are desserts, you can find Amanda and I photographing like maniacs, lol!  Had so much fun.  We were served a gorgeous lunch and dessert from the Disney Chefs Saturday afternoon.

Epcot Center

Saturday afternoon Amanda and I spent some time at Epcot Center.  Love this place.  We darted straight to walk eat our way through all of the countries.

Countries

Have you ever been to Epcot Center and walked through all of the countries?!  It is amazing.  You can find authentic foods that you would actually eat in the country you are visiting.  We got a steamed BBQ Bun and Curry Chicken Pocket from China, Werther’s Caramel goodies from Germany and Gelato Cookie Sandwich from Italy!  What a dream!

photo-1

Later Saturday night we raced to Hollywood Studios to hunt down a Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcake and I reluctantly went on Tower of Terror with Amanda.  That ride scares me to death, lol!  If you look right above the goofy guy folding his arms, that’s Amanda and I.  I am closing my eyes screaming and Amanda smiling :)

Magic Kingdom Main Street

Sunday morning Amanda and I packed up and spend a couple last hours at Magic Kingdom.  We were determined to try a gooey cinnamon roll we heard about.

Gastons

How adorable is Gaston’s Tavern?!  Get a load of our cinnamon roll we shared.  We begged for extra frosting which is a must should you go.  Gooey and delicious!

2ff97366c1a711e28a5622000a1fbe35_7

Photo via Julie

Huge thanks to these adorable girls Julie and Lindsay  in the above photo who put together this whole event for us.  They worked so hard and we are so grateful!

More Food Blog Forum Re-caps (will update as more come in)

Amanda of Kevin and Amanda

Julie of Table for Two

Rachel of Baked by Rachel

Audra of The Baker Chick

Angie of Big Bear’s Wife

Liz  of The Lemon Bowl

Amy of Nifty Foodie

Please link in comments so I can add your re-cap!!

Check out my first video attempt from Animoto.com  Thanks Todd and Diane for the recommendation!

Comments

Amanda says:

Omgosh, love that video, girl!! So fun, will have to check that site out. :) Was so fun seeing you this weekend, can’t wait for Austin!! Still swooning over that sunset photo of Cinderella’s Castle you got. :) See you soon!! xoxo

What an amazing post and write-up of the event, Jenny! I love all the pics! Thank for taking them and posting them all – so appreciated! Had no idea you were making the cross-country trek and it looks like it was soooo worth it!

Love your recap. That cinnamon roll looks so good! I’m bumming that we missed out on so many great food opportunities this weekend. The weather just wasn’t on our side Sunday after you left. So glad we got to meet! :)

TidyMom says:

Awe what fun Jenny! I wish I had gone!!…….. see you soon though at BHF

loved your recap, Jenny! it was so great to see you two years in a row at disney and i had so much fun hanging out again :) i wish we didn’t live on separate coasts!! we really do have to plan that disneyland adventure for next year – i’d totally come out to california :) miss you!! xo

Love seeing this recap from so many bloggers! Totally jealous of your stay at the Grand Floridian – I have ALWAYS wanted to visit!

It was SO FUN getting to hang out with you! Hopefully we’ll bump into each other at the next blog event?! :)

The conference sounds like it was super fun! I haven’t been to Disney since I was a kid, so I’d love to go back as an adult. I saw that cinnamon roll on Instagram and have been thinking about it since. Can ypu make a copycat recipe?

It looks and sound like the The Food Blog Forum was great fun! Now that I know about it I will have to keep an eye out for it for next year!

Tieghan says:

Looks like so much fun! I loved reading your recap and have made it a goal to there there next year! You guys look like such a fun group and I can not wait to someday meet you all!

Cute Animoto, Jenny! I’m so glad that I got to see you this weekend. I am jealous of that “eat around would tour” that you and Amanda took on haha. How fun!

Looks like a fun time!

This is so awesome! I really wish I could have been there!

This looks like my ddrreeaaammm trip! If you don’t mind my asking, how does one get invited to that trip? I’m ALWAYS trying to figure out ways to learn more about blogging and that seems like such an amazing opportunity.

Great recap from such a great weekend! It was great to finally meet you and maybe I’ll see you around Austin in a couple of weeks. Better bring your boots.

It was a totally magical weekend with you gals!! I loved every minute of it and the turkey legs, too. haha See you soon doll :)

Tenns says:

Looks like you had an absolute blast! I love Disney World!

Looks like tons of fun!! Glad you had a great time!

Angie says:

Love all the pictures you got! I had so much fun, can’t wait for next year!

Waaaa. I can’t believed I missed such a good time. Great recap, Jenny!

What a great recap – so many great pictures. It was fun to meet and hang out with you. Definitely need to go back and get one of those cinnamon rolls!

nessa says:

Love Disney! And your pictures are terrific!

Kay says:

I am a fan who follows your blog. The time in FL (yay, my home state) looked like lots of fun. Enjoyed the video recap! OMG that cinnamon roll looked to die for.

Mary says:

Looks like you had so much fun and the food (desserts) looked amazing. My goal is to attend next year, fingers crossed. Great job on the animoto video!

What FUN! I’m totally loving your animoto video!! :)

would love to attend next time. How does one find information on future blog conferences in the US ? Thanks

Disney World is quite possibly my favorite place on Earth. Love seeing some of my favorite foods featured here!

I am going in June and cannot wait to try that cinnamon roll.

What a fabulous event! So sad to have missed it. Looks like it was a blast!

Gaby says:

looks absolutely ah-mazing!! so going next year!

Julia says:

That little bakery in Germany has the BEST cookies I’ve ever tasted – Caramel Apple Oatmeal cookies. I asked Disney, but they said that’s one of the recipes they don’t give out. :-( Do you or any of the other bloggers on your trip have a copycat recipe for them? I would just about die of happiness if I could make myself some to tide me over between Disney trips!!

Aggie says:

So happy we got to spend a few more minutes together this year!! Such fun pictures, I loooove the one of Epcot! Hope we get to do it again next year!
    Hugs and miss ya!

What kind of event is it? Just a blogging info session?

[...] Angie of Big Bear’s Wife Audra of The Baker Chick Caroline of Chocolate and Carrots Jenny of Picky Palate Julie of Table for Two Karyn of Pint Sized Baker Liz of The Lemon Bowl Rachel of Baked by Rachel [...]

What a great recap! Love the video…so glad Todd & Diane told us about that. It was great seeing you my friend…wish we had longer to catch up. Looking forward to next year already. Long distance hugs to you. :) Here’s the link to my first recap: http://simplysouthernbaking.com/2013/food-blog-forum-orlando-2013-part-1/

It was great seeing you again Jenny after meeting you at last year’s dessert party at Epcot. FBF and Disney sure know how to do it up right! You look amazing after having your little one btw….loved your cute dress ;) The Grand Floridian was stunning, and you are MUCH braver than I….I’ve still never done Tower of Terror. Don’t know that I have it in me….lol.

Haven’t started on my recap yet….hopefully soon.

Hugs,
    Denise

You are so sweet Denise! So great to see you again too! Still having nightmares about Tower of Terror, lol! I’ll look forward to your re-cap :)

Thanks for the recap. It looks like you all had a great time and the cupcakes look divine!

Tracey says:

Angie,
    You weren’t able to go to Disneyland? Hope you are well!
    Tracey

Natalie says:

I just have to ask, what camera did you use to take your pictures? Those pictures of Disney are the best, most crisp and vivid pictures I have seen in my life!!! The ones of the hotel, the Disney cupcakes, all of you in front of the castle, a Disney world scene…they are amazing!! I would really like to know how you took them, and if you used a special setting!! Thank you so much!

I wish I could’ve made it to eat my way through Disney again this year with you gals! The video is super cute. I’ll have to check out that site!

See you next week in Austin!! Squeeee!!

Aww it was SOOO great getting to meet and hang out with you lovely ladies!! I wish we were still there! Cant wait to do it again :) Xoxo

marla says:

Sounds like a super fun trip Jenny! Hope you are enjoying the long weekend!

It was so nice to finally meet you in person Jenny!! The weekend went by way too quickly. xoxo

[...] @ kevinandamanda Jenny @ Picky Palate Rachel @ Baked by Rachel Julie @ Table for Two Audra @ The Baker Chick Angie @ Big Bear’s Wife [...]

I love going “around the world” in Epcot! I totally ended up spending the majority of my park time in Magic Kingdom, since I had so many rides on my ::must do:: list. :-) What an awesome weekend, right? LOVE that this conference combined two loves: Disney & blogging!

It was wonderful to finally meet you!

Looks like a blast! I can’t wait to go back – maybe I can get in next year. Love Disney (and bloggers, obviously)!

[...] @ Kevin & Amanda Jenny @ Picky Palate Julie @ Table for Two Karyn @ Pint Sized Baker Rachel @ Baked by Rachel Caroline @ Chocolate and [...]

[...] @ Picky Palate Julie @ Table for Two Karyn @ Pint Sized Baker Rachel @ Baked by Rachel Caroline @ Chocolate [...]