Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
Tags: butter, chocolate, chocolate chips, eggs, Oreo Cookies, sugar
Sharing my favorite chocolate chip cookies today! My famous Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies perfect for EVERY occasion!
Welcome to the ORIGINAL Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe!
Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
Sharing my all time favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe today, my Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies! These cookies bring a smile to everyones faces. They’re literally perfect for every occasion and so great for bake sales!
I’ve made a step by step video on how to make my cookies! Follow me on YouTube for more recipe videos! Enjoy!
I know it’s the New Year and most of us are watching what we eat, but do take a peek at this cookie my mom and I whipped up last week during my stay in AZ! We had so much fun in her kitchen cracking up at the size of these giant cookies. Not only do they look to die for but I must say they were one of the tastiest darn cookies I’ve ever eaten!
Remember these next time you need a fun new cookie to bring somewhere, they’ll be a huge hit! Enjoy!
What Type Of Oreo Cookie Should I Use?
You need to use at least the Double Stuf Oreo Cookies. My favorite is actually the Mega Stuf Oreos.
How To Make Chocolate Chip Cookies
Cream your butter and sugars 🙂 It was fun using an actual electric mixer at my moms. She’s an old fashion gal 🙂 Please note, I usually make this recipe in my Stand Mixer or even with just a big mixing bowl and large spoon. You do not have to use an electric mixer if you don’t have one. Once butter and sugars are creamed, add your eggs.
Add the dry ingredients.
Add your chocolate chips! I’ve found that using the mini chips works best.
Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
First things first, take a cookie scoopful of dough and place it on top of your Oreo Cookie
Now, do the same thing to the bottom side.
Can you just imagine how crazy good these are?!
Seal the baby up and place onto a cookie sheet. Thanks Mom for being a great hand model for our post! xoxo
There they are, and yes they are the size of giant meatballs!
Time to bake 🙂
They’ll look a little something like this when they are done. Let cool then EAT! I used the Double Stuff variety and it was a great idea, LOVE the extra white cream center that melts ever so slightly 🙂
Tips For Making The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Don’t alter the recipe, use all ingredients as listed.
- For a more firm cookie, refrigerate your cookie dough for 24 hours before baking.
- Always use butter, not margarine. ALWAYS. I prefer salted butter for my chocolate chip cookies. Try it!
- Do not ever grease your cookie sheets. Will make cookies spread and change texture.
- Don’t skip creaming your butter and sugars for a good 2 minutes. Helps create a fluffy, chewy cookie.
- Try sprinkling dough with just a touch of salt for a perfect sweet and salty combination.
- Don’t overtake your cookies. Cookies will continue to cook on hot cookie sheet when removed from oven.
- Let cookies cool completely before storing in containers. This will keep their crispness
- Store leftover cookies in an airtight container for 3 days room temperature.
- 2 sticks softened butter
- 3/4 Cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla
- 3 1/2 Cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 10 oz bag chocolate chips
- 1 bag Oreo Cookies I used the double stuff 🙂
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a stand or electric mixer cream butter and sugars until well combined. Add in eggs and vanilla until well combined.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, salt and baking soda. Slowly add to wet ingredients along with chocolate chips until just combined. Using a cookie scoop take one scoop of cookie dough and place on top of an Oreo Cookie. Take another scoop of dough and place on bottom of Oreo Cookie. Seal edges together by pressing and cupping in hand until Oreo Cookie is enclosed with dough. Place onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet and bake cookies 9-13 minutes or until cookies are baked to your liking. Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack. Serve with a tall glass of milk, enjoy!
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.