Jun
2013

Brown Butter, Oatmeal and Butterscotch Toffee Chip Cookies

Tags: , , ,

Cookies

Brown Butter Oatmeal and Toffee Chip Cookies by Picky Palate

I had to make some cookies for the cub scouts last week and while rummaging through my baking cupboard, I decided to make these Brown Butter, Oatmeal and Butterscotch Toffee Chip Cookies. Do you think I could make the title any longer? Haha.

If you haven’t browned butter before, what are you waiting for? It truly makes one decadent cookie. It takes about 5 minutes of melting and swirling your saucpan of butter and before you know it, it turns a gorgeous deep golden brown color and smells incredibly nutty and fabulous.

Jump on in the kitchen and bake some of these babies today.

Brown Butter Oatmeal and Toffee Chip Cookies 1

Simple line up of ingredients for ya!

Brown Butter Oatmeal and Toffee Chip Cookies-2

Cream your butter and sugars please.

Brown Butter Oatmeal and Toffee Chip Cookies-3

Brown sugar is up next. Admiring my manicure from last week. It looks very opposite of that today, lol!

Brown Butter Oatmeal and Toffee Chip Cookies-4

2 pretty little eggs.

Brown Butter Oatmeal and Toffee Chip Cookies-5

Dry ingredients up next.

Brown Butter Oatmeal and Toffee Chip Cookies-7

Quick oats.

Brown Butter Oatmeal and Toffee Chip Cookies-8

Oh how I love butterscotch chips. It seems that you either are a fan or you aren’t. There’s not too many people in between right?

Brown Butter Oatmeal and Toffee Chip Cookies-9

My favorite part. The Heath Bar Toffee Bits.

Brown Butter Oatmeal and Toffee Chip Cookies-10

Giver her a good mix.

Brown Butter Oatmeal and Toffee Chip Cookies-11

Oh yah! Dare you to not sample this. It’s pretty darn amazing.

Brown Butter Oatmeal and Toffee Chip Cookies by Picky Palate

Brown Butter, Oatmeal and Butterscotch Toffee Chip Cookies

Brown Butter Oatmeal and Toffee Chip Cookies by Picky Palate Ingredients

• 2 sticks unsalted butter
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose Gold Medal Flour
  • 3 tablespoons vanilla instant pudding mix (optional)
  • 3/4 cup quick oats
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1 1/4 cup butterscotch chips
  • 1/2 cup Heath Bar Toffee Chips/pieces

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper.
  2. Place butter into a small saucepan over medium heat. Swirl and heat until deep golden brown. Remove heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
  3. Place browned butter and little bits from the pan into a stand mixer along with the brown and granulated sugar. Beat to combine then add eggs and vanilla beating to combine. Add flour, pudding mix, quick oats, baking soda, salt and chips. Mix on low until just combined.
  4. With a medium cookie scoop, place dough onto prepared baking sheet about 1 inch apart. Bake for 10 minutes, until baked through. Remove and let cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to cooling rack. Serve and enjoy.

Makes 3 dozen Cookies

Comments

Browned butter!! Oats, butterscotch, toffee…you have just described my perfect cookie! I love everything about these, Jenny! I would take a perfect oatmeal cookie over just about any other kind and these are perfect. I love Heath AND butterscotch! Pinned!

I’m in the “love” butterscotch chips camp. As a matter of fact, I LOVE everything about these cookies!

Tieghan says:

I just made a butterscotch milkshake the other day and fell in love with is all over again! These cookies have all my favorite things. Brown butter, butterscotch and oatmeal!! YUM!

I just made a very similar cookie! Great minds:)

YUM! Do I have to be a cub scout to get one, please? :)

These look fantastic! They have so many great flavors with the brown butter, butterscotch, and toffee and all the flavors work together so well.

I’m probably the last person on the planet to have not tried brown butter. I swear it’s on my list ;) As are these cookies.

Those cookies look like a whole meal! And I could eat 10!

These cookies look incredible! I bet your house smelled just wonderful!

carrian says:

that dough is what’s calling my name. MMMM!

Lina says:

What do you think of using chocolate chips instead?

Sibylle says:

They look so very yummy!!!

Your cookies look amazing as always! Love some butterscotch in my cookies!

marla says:

These cookies look perfect Jenny!

I am really liking the butterscotch and toffee combo in these cookies and oatmeal is always a welcome addition!

You seriously have the best cookie recipes ever!!!

I love butterscotch chips, and I also just love your berry mixer. Um, one more love (besides these cookies, obviously, it is ADORABLE that your sun is in cub scouts. THat makes me smile.

Mmmm, Jenny, they look delicious!

These look amazing…I miss baking for Cub Scout meetings but the kids grow up:).

I could eat butterscotch chips by the BAGFUL!! These look amazing Jenny!

Bren says:

Looks delicious!! I have old fashioned oats in my pantry. Can I use those instead of the quick oats?

I am addicted to browning butter. And butterscotch? Yes I’m a fan!!

A long title means a great cookie in my book!! The more delicious mix-ins, the better! These look great, you have some lucky cub scouts :)

You make the most irresistible looking cookies, Jenny! These are amazing!

Chels R. says:

YUM!!! I love cookies with butterscotch and toffee!! And I’m totally crushing on those straws!!!

Oatmeal Butterscotch cookies are my alltime FAVORITE!!!! I need to make these!!!

Such pretty pictures, looks like a classic snack with the cookie, milk and straw. So much yum!

Loving the toffee addition! My best friend loves butter scotch cookies, and I make them all the time for her. The addition of the toffee will be a nice surprise for her when I make them next!

My fiance would go crazy over this cookie! He loves to bake butterscotch cookies, but the toffee pieces is brilliant! Gotta convince him to bake this for me or just bake it myself.

Nessa says:

Drooling right now :)

These sound so good! Love the pink mixer! :)

These look amazing…I think I actually drooled on myself a little ;)

LOVE the brown butter in this cookies! Need to try some soon :)

I love a long title because then I know exactly what I’m getting into. And, in this case, I’m getting into something GOOD! ;)

Wow these sounds amazing! I have butterscotch chips in my cupboard right now – love em! Do you think I could substitute the pudding mix for cornstarch?

Melissa says:

I made these a couple of days ago and they are so delicious! I’m not sure if I liked the dough better or the finished product, I think the dough! Thanks for the awesome cookie recipe!

DCS says:

These are delicious! I made a double batch over the weekend. My yield was slightly less than yours, using a heaping tbsp scoop. The batter was such an intersting consistency; I was nervous they weren’t going to turn out. They did! I took to several bbq’s and they were a hit everywhere. I almost followed the recipe except for splitting 1/2 butterscotch chips and 1/2 semi-sweet choc chips.

[…] Butter, Oatmeal, Butterscotch, and Toffee Chip Cookies Recipe source: Picky Palate Print […]

[…] Butter, Oatmeal, Butterscotch, and Toffee Chip Cookies Recipe source: Picky Palate Note: There is a print link embedded within this post, please visit this post to print […]