Jun
2013

Biscoff Macarons

Tags: ,

Cookies

Biscoff Macarons by Picky Palate

I know, I know, more macarons.  I don’t know what’s wrong with me, but I want to make them all the time!  You do not want to miss this one.  I crushed up the crunchy biscoff cookies into the macaron batter and used creamy Biscoff spread for the buttercream.  Let’s just say this is one of my favorite Macarons yet!

I won’t keep you waiting any longer, let’s take a look at the process.  Please note, for full step by step photos and an explanation on my shortcuts please see my Cookies and Cream Macarons post.

Biscoff Macarons-1

Here’s what you’ll need to get started plus a food scale. It will be worth your investment, trust me :)

Biscoff Macarons-2

You can find these crunchy Biscoff cookies at most grocery stores.  If you can’t find them you can always check Amazon.

Egg Whites and Sugar

Start by beating your egg whites and sugar until stiff peaks form. It takes about 5 minutes depending on your mixer.

Biscoff Macarons-9

Pretty peaks.

Biscoff Macarons-5

Here you have your weighed out powdered sugar, crushed Biscoff Cookies, and almond meal/flour. This is one step you cannot short cut. Must be weighed.

Biscoff Macarons-6

I love putting my son to work, sifting those ingredients through a fine sieve. You can use a traditional hand crank sifter too. Why haven’t I bought one yet? Sheesh!

Biscoff Macarons-10

Once your ingredients are sifted, gently fold in your egg whites.

Piping Macarons

Place the folded macaron batter into a piping bag or large Ziploc bag with a large round tip attached. Pipe your macaron batter right onto your parchment paper, like so.

Biscoff Macarons-13

They’ll look a little something like this when they’re baked. Let them cool completely.

Biscoff Buttercream

Make your Biscoff Buttercream to get ready for the filling.  I am finding more and more grocery stores are carrying the Biscoff Spread.  Thank heavens.  It’s to die for.

Biscoff Macarons-17

Pipe your buttercream into the center of half of the macarons.

Biscoff Macarons-22t

Oh baby, I love these macarons :)

Biscoff Macarons-19t

Biscoff Macarons

Biscoff Macarons by Picky Palate Ingredients

• 95 grams egg whites (close to 3 large egg whites)
  • 65 grams almond meal/flour
  • 200 grams powdered sugar
  • 25 grams granulated sugar
  • 45 grams finely ground up Biscoff Cookies

Biscoff Buttercream

• 1 stick softened unsalted butter
  • 1/4 cup Creamy Biscoff Spread
  • 1 cup powdered sugar

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 280 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Weigh your egg whites, almond flour, powdered sugar, granulated sugar and ground Biscoff Cookies on your food scale.
    2. In a stand mixer with the whisk attachment add your weighed out egg whites, and sugar beating on medium speed. Beat on medium-high until stiff peaks form. Takes close to 5 minutes. See pictures for visuals. Set aside for a couple minutes.
    3. Place the powdered sugar, almond flour and cookies into a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine. Place in a sifter or fine sieve and sift until all dry ingredients have passed through. Gently fold in the egg whites to the dry ingredients, mixing only until just combined. See pictures for visuals
    4. Place batter into a large pastry bag with a large round tip attached. Pipe rounds, about 1/2 inch apart onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Give a good tap or two of the pan to remove any bubbles.
    5. Bake macarons for 22-25 minutes. You’ll see a shell on top with “feet” around the edges. Let cool completely before removing. Once cooled, take an offset spatula to loosen from parchment. Pair the macarons close in size to each other to prepare for filling.
    6. To prepare buttercream, beat softened butter, creamy Biscoff Spread and powdered sugar until creamy and smooth. Place buttercream into a medium pastry bag with a large round tip attached and pipe a dollop of frosting on the center of a macaron and top with a second macaron. Serve room temperature. Store any remaining macarons in the refrigerator.

Makes 22-24 macarons

Please note that all ovens are very different. These tips and instructions are a reflection from my kitchen and my oven. Play around with my tips but baking time may vary depending on individual oven temps. Good luck and have fun!!

Comments

I can think of no better flavor than a Biscoff macaroon! They look incredible, Jenny!

Tieghan says:

Incredible!! I am loving all these macaroon flavors you are posting. So creative! I need to try making some now!

Andi says:

I have never made mararons before and only have had one once but you said Biscoff and I am weak! Are these traditionally made with almond meal?

Jamie says:

about to make macarons today, myself! these are gorgeous!

Are you kidding me with these? You come up with the BEST macaron flavors!!!

Julia says:

I get on crazy macaron kicks too! The flavor combos are endless! Love this one!

you’re a PRO with macarons! i need to stay a weekend with you so you can teach me your ways – i’m dying that you made BISCOFF flavored ones!! ahh

I am a total biscoff nut right now! These look amazing!

Absolute perfection!! I’m dying to make some one of these days. You’ve made it look SO easy!

carrian says:

This is so perfect, we are celebrating little c’s birthday on my site today and her favorite thing ever is biscoff. She beeeggggsss, for it.

Those macrons look so good!

Do you think you can make these in our hotel room when I see you in a few weeks? I need to try them:) xo

Oh WOW!!!! My 2 favorite cookies combined…..Biscoff and Macarons……oh MY!!! These look INCREDIBLE!!!

Love these! I bet the Biscoff flavor is amazing!!

Biscoff is one of my biggest weaknesses. You’re killin’ me Smalls!

Biscoff Buttercream should be its own food group! Love these and such pretty pictures too!

katie says:

I love biscoff anything… so naturally I’m in love with these macarons!

naomi says:

Such a great idea for macarons!

My goodness this looks delightful. I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of Biscoff.

Dawn K says:

Bravo! I’m very tempted to make this ASAP. I just need to find my whip attachment for the kitchenaid

Love this idea for macarons!!!! Biscoff is seriously the BEST

I love your Macaron kick!!these look awesome!!

Amanda says:

Your macarons turn out so perfect. Love them :)

I love Biscoff cookies. Whenever I’m flying to Europe they always hand them out for snacks and then I ask for doubles and triples and they’re like “slow down girl”. Love this recipe!

Toni says:

These look like something I need to try.
    By the way, I love the color of your KitchenAid mixer!

I love your creative macarons! Please don’t get tired of making them EVER :)

Mary says:

I can’t get enough Biscoff cookies and spread! I’m going to give these macarons a try, I hope they turn out as beautiful as yours.

Nessa says:

These look to die for!

Good lordy, you really are confident with your macaron making, Jenny! I LOVE all the crazy, creative flavors you mix into them. Wonderful recipe!

You always make it look so effortless in the macaron baking department, Jenny. Love the use of biscoff here. Yum :)

I love biscoff, these macs look so good!

Deborah says:

I think this may be my favorite macaron version of yours yet!

Mercedes says:

Gorgeous! And what a perfect flavor for macaroons!!

Dang, Jenny. These are brilliant!

Your macarons are always adorable!

I’m a huge fan of macarons and Biscoff. Such a great idea to put them together. They look amazing!

Gosh these are perfect! I love all your new and exciting macaron combos!!!!

All i need to see was the word Macarons and i know it’s a hit.I love anything to has coconuts in it and those Biscoff Macarons seem extremely delicious.

Emily says:

I made these this weekend! They are a.maz.ing!!

[...] adapted from Picky Palate [...]

Tiphanie says:

I made these macarons this past weekend, using the Trader Joe’s brand of Biscoff (Speculoos). Although the macarons didn’t turn out as well as I hoped, I love the way they taste! So yummy! Thanks for the great recipe… I am definitely going to try again.

[…] are probably the best cookies out there. Throw some cookie cream in ‘em, and you’re on the astral […]