Aug
2013

Almond Parmesan Crusted Chicken Tenders

Tags: ,

Dinner

Almond Parmesan Crusted  Chicken Tenders-7t

My kids go nuts when I make them homemade chicken tenders.  I have a great recipe in my cookbook that we make often on page 76 that is a staple in our house.  With back to school season here, I am always looking for quick and simple dinners!

I was playing around with another version this week that I call Almond Parmesan Crusted Chicken Tenders.  I use ground almonds also called almond meal as the main coating along with Parmesan Cheese, salt and pepper.   They could not be easier to prepare, and chicken tenders cook up quickly in a nice hot skillet.  There’s no flour, no double dipping with messy fingers which is always a plus :)

This recipe is gluten free too!

Almond Parmesan Crusted  Chicken Tenders-1

Start by mixing your almond meal, Parmesan, salt and pepper.  Place onto a plate or shallow bowl.

Almond Parmesan Crusted  Chicken Tenders-3

Coat both sides of the chicken tenders in the almond coating.

Almond Parmesan Crusted  Chicken Tenders-4

A nice and light coating does the trick.

Almond Parmesan Crusted  Chicken Tenders-5

Place your coated chicken pieces in a nice hot saute pan with olive oil.

Almond Parmesan Crusted  Chicken Tenders-6

A good 3 minutes each side, until golden and beautiful!

Almond Parmesan Crusted  Chicken Tenders-8t

Place in a serving basket lined with parchment paper with your favorite dips.  Enjoy!

Almond Parmesan Crusted  Chicken Tenders-9t

Almond Parmesan Crusted Chicken Tenders

Almond Parmesan Crusted  Chicken Tenders-7tIngredients

• 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 pound chicken tenders
  • 1 1/2 cups ground almonds or almond meal
  • 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan Cheese
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Directions

1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
  2. Place ground almonds, Parmesan, salt and pepper into a shallow dish, stirring to combine.  (If you have whole almonds on hand like we did, you can grind them in a powerful blender.  We used our Blendtec.)
  3. Place coated chicken strips into hot saute pan. Cook each side for about 3 minutes, until cooked through and browned. Remove strips from skillet and let cool on a baking rack or paper towel lined plate. Serve warm with your favorite chicken strip dips. My boys enjoy ketchup, yogurt Ranch, mustard and honey.

Makes 8 Servings

This post contains affiliate links.

Comments

Tieghan says:

They look so crispy!! I love cheese coated chicken finger and the almond meal makes them totally healthy! Score! My family would go crazy for these!

Sues says:

Homemade chicken tenders with almond meal are SUCH a good idea. A little more nutritious and even more delicious :)

They look delicious and simple. I love chicken tenders. Will try soon!

I can’t wait to make these for Caleb!

Oh, these chicken tenders look fabulous! I so need to make these!

I’m in for these!!! Yum!!!

Delicious! The kiddos would love these!

Deborah says:

Love this idea! Something both the kids and adults would love!

This looks SO good! I love the almond crusted on it, so different!

Jenna says:

This sound delicious! Im sure the ground almonds add wonderful texture

I really like the use of the almond coating!

What a simple yet gorgeous meal for the family.

My kids will love this! Pinned!

Flavorful and quick chicken dish. Nice idea to coat the chicken tenders with almond and Parmesan, for sure everybodie’s favorite.

beautiful timing Jenny! My kids will love these and they are easy for me as school starts again!

Jennie says:

These chicken tenders sound so good. We try to stay away from fried foods. Have you tried baking them in the oven?

I understand what you’re saying about the fried foods but this is pan fried in Olive Oil, which many say is one of the best oils you can have. You do have to be careful you don’t overheat the Olive Oil. So, we don’t consider these deep “fried food”, but yes baking will work also. Let us know if it works for you. Thanks for the question!!

• Kate says:

Have you tried using coconut oil instead of olive oil? Its my new addiction! One of my favorites is chicken tenders dipped in egg white then panko, and pan fry in a small amount of coconut oil till crispy….the best part? Squeeze fresh lemon juice over the cooked chicken…SNORT! :) I want to try this one, I love almond meal (from my homemade almond milk…can ya tell I’m a newbie at this?

OMG, these sound so delicious, and sooo easy. I shared on my Fantabulosity Facebook Page, and “pinned,” it. I can’t wait to make them! Thank you for sharing!

What a great idea!! I can’t wait to try them them. Now I can use my almond meal for something other than macarons :p

Eden says:

I’m so excited to find your website. I have two 11 year-old-nephews coming to visit for two weeks, and I want to feed them well.

Personally, I have multiple allergies, so that’s also a consideration. This recipe is ideal. The almond meal makes this gluten free, and if I use sheep Pecarino Romano cheese I’ll be able to do the “dairy”. And the “chicken strip” idea will be easy on the kids.

Chicken tender were a favorite as a kid, so they are still a favorite as a adult! I can’t wait to make these – thanks! :)

Ooh almond crusted, that sounds fancy! Can’t wait to try these!

Gaby says:

such a great weeknight meal :)

Julio says:

This will definitely be for dinner this week!

Marit says:

This looks so easy – I am overflowing with almonds so it will be a fun way to incorporate them into a meal. My roommate is deterred by cute serving baskets for some reason.. I’ll tell her to get over it because it’s such a fun idea!

Chels R. says:

Mmm, that looks really good! I never buy chicken tenders, but I bet my kids would like me too.

Super smart, Jenny!! Thanks for the reminder that I am all out of almond flour…

Ashley M. says:

This looks sooooooo yummy!

Kristin says:

I love your idea…so healthy!! Would your recipe work in the oven? Perhaps I could coat the chicken and then bake at 350 degrees for 30 mins?

Candice says:

Yum yum! Can we bake the chicken? If so, how long and at what temperature?
    Thanks.

For chicken strips, I would bake at 350 for about 20 min or until chicken is cooked through. I’d love to hear if baking works for you. :)

elizabeth says:

Jenny- Made this and coated them well, but once in the sauté pan, the almond parmesan coating wouldn’t seem to stick to the tenders. any tips for next time? thanks!

marla says:

LOVE this preparation for chicken ~ it’s truly amazing all the ways to use blanched almond flour :)

greenturtle8 says:

Super idea ! I love almonds, I’ll try that for sure !

Homemade chicken tenders are a good thing and always a family favorite.

Jenny, we made these over the weekend and LOVED them. I will always coat chicken with ground almonds from now on – (I used freshly ground). It’s incredible!

Lina says:

Woooow It looks amazing,, well done dear :)
    Thanks a lot for the recipe, Inshallah I’ll try it very soon :)

[…] Fits Lemon Rosemary Chicken from Dessert for Two Stovetop Honey Mustard Chicken & Rice Almond-Parmesan Crusted Chicken Tenders from Picky Palate Lemon-Thyme Chicken from The Little Kitchen Crispy Spice Rubbed Chicken Thighs […]

naturista says:

Thanks a lot for sharing this with all people you really recognise what you’re talking approximately! Bookmarked. Please also seek advice from my site =). We may have a hyperlink change contract among us

Courtney says:

Hi. You’re recipe looks so delicious. It looks like the tenders from Burger Lounge.
    I tried the recipe, and all of the coating came off during fry process. Do you have any advice?
    Thanks, Courtney.

wow what a great recipe i love food and eat food all the time

Hallie says:

This was a delicious recipe, definitely will be making it again!

Kim says:

Could you please tell me where I can find almond meal? Thank you!

sarah says:

You can make almond meal in a blender or food processor. Just blend almonds til they get fine!

[…] Dinner: Almond Parmesan Crusted Chicken Tenders + roasted garlic broccoli […]

Pamela Frederick says:

I am in process of cooking these right now. I’m soooo excited. I don’t know how they’ll taste yet, but one thing I do know is that the recipe calls for way too much almond meal. I don’t know if you really need more than 1/2 to 3/4 cup of almond meal for 1 lb of chicken tenders. Almond meal is much more expensive than flour, so it feels more painful to throw it out.

Tammy Hane says:

My husband loves to come home and pop some frozen chicken nuggets in the convection oven for an after-work snack but I hate how processed they are – not to mention the gluten. Has anyone frozen these and if so, do you have any recommendations?

Wendy says:

This looks like a great low carb and gluten free option! Can’t wait to try this!

Aw, this was a very nice post. Spending some time and actual effort to generate a good article… but what can I say… I
    hesitate a whole lot and don’t seem to get anything done.

Zenaida says:

I don’t еen know how I stopped up here, however I aassumed tɦis putt uр
    was great. I do not recognize who yօu are ɦowever ɗefinitely
    үou’regoing to a faous blogger іn casе yߋu aren’t
    аlready. Cheers!