Sep
2013

Mango Peach Slushy

Tags:

Drinks

Mango Peach Slushy by Picky Palate

Hard to believe our summer has come to an end.  My boys are back in school today, it’s definitely bittersweet.  I know they’ll have fun seeing all of their friends again.  Homework….not so much, lol!

My sweet 11 year old came up with this slushy using his two favorite fruits, mango and peaches.  He wanted a refreshing slushy so we worked together to create a healthy yet delicious summer treat.  It could not be more simple with just mango, peach, ice, almond milk and honey.

I’ll be surprising my boys with this healthy treat after school today.  It’s also Pax’s 1st birthday so they’ll be having cake too :)  Pictures to come.

Mango Peach Slushy-1

Nice and simple.  Forgot to add the honey in this shot, but still so simple :)

Mango Peach Slushy-2

One beautiful Mango.  We like to slice them like this then cut the squares off into the blender, but you can cut them however you’d like.

Mango Peach Slushy-3

One lovely peach.

Mango Peach Slushy-4

Time for the blender!

Mango Peach Slushy-5

Mango’s and peaches please.

Mango Peach Slushy-6

A few tablespoons of honey.  We prefer to use local raw honey.

Mango Peach Slushy-7

Some almond milk.  I prefer the vanilla almond milk for this slushy.

Mango Peach Slushy-8

Top with some ice then time to blend!

Mango Peach Slushy-9

Ahhh, pour into your favorite glasses.

Mango Peach Slushy-11t

Refreshing and delicious!

Mango Peach Slushy-12t

Mango Peach Slushy

Mango Peach Slushy by Picky PalateIngredients

• 1 ripe mango, cut into chunks
  • 1 ripe peach, pitted and diced
  • 4 tablespoons honey
  • 1 cup Vanilla Almond Milk
  • 3 1/2 cups ice cubes

Directions

1. Place all ingredients into a high powered blender. Blend until well combined and icy. Pour into glasses and serve immediately.

Makes 8 Servings

This post contains affiliate links.

Comments

Mango, with any combo of fruits, is an automatic win for me! Bananas, peaches, pineapple – mmm, all so good. Your slushy would go down so well! It’s been so hot here this past week, right!

this looks wonderful and a great way to send off summer with this slushy!

Another reason why I so desperately need a Blendtec. Looks amazing and so refreshing!

Tieghan says:

Yes, please! These are some of my very favorite fruits too! Your kids have darn good taste!

Happy Birthday to Pax!! Hope you guys all have a fun day!

I want to dive into a glass of this!!!

Those look so nice and cool, refreshing and good!

I’m showing this to my Noah. His two favorite fruits are the same: peaches and mango. ;)

These look great Jenny! I know your boys will be excited to come home from school today to these and will have many fun stories to share with you!!! Happy Birthday to Pax – can’t wait to see pictures!!!

How is Pax a year old already??? That means Lucy is right behind him. I’m not ready to face it!!

This slushy looks SO GREAT!! I think I need you here to make after school snacks for me too ;)

Happy Birthday to Pax!! Slushy looks so great!

Madison says:

I love Sonic slushies and this looks so similar (and WAY healthier). Thank you!!!!

marla says:

Oh how I love the last licks of summer ~ beautiful slushy!

You are such a pro mango slicer, look at that! Can’t wait to make this.. love a good slushy!

I really need to learn how to slice mangoes like this….I always have trouble with them! Love the slushie…can’t wait to try it.

naomi says:

I love that your little one came up with this idea! And I can’t wait to make it for my little guy – he also loves mango and peaches.

Looks perfect. I have mangoes on the counter right now. Wondering what to do with them besides my favorite mango salsa. I won’t wonder any longer. :)

These look lovely! I’ll take one please!

I could drink this every day!

Gaby says:

looks like a winner :)

and I can’t believe Pax is already 1 year old! Time flies!!

Looks so good! Happy Birthday, Pax! :)

This is such a refreshing and easy to make drink, thanks for sharing the recipe

Love the combo and mangoes and peaches — so tropical!!

Happy Birthday, Pax!!

Yum! Two of my favorite fruits and something that will definitely be needed in this Texas heat.

Mary says:

Happy Birthday to your sweet Pax. Boy, would I love to have one of these right now! I can’t believe how hot it is here in Aliso Viejo, this would hit the spot! Thanks for all your great recipes.

Marit says:

My poor blender died today :( so how ironic to read this recipe. Luckily it’s under warranty, but waiting for the new one to arrive will be torture – most used appliance by far!

[…] Minute Fresh Peach Tart, Apron Strings Mango Peach Slushy, Picky Palate Peach Cobbler French Toast Casserole, Sweet […]

Love that this is more slushy-like and icy than the typical smoothie. Perfect for this hot weather we’ve been having! You can’t go wrong with mango and peaches!

How did I ever miss these?!?! I have a few nectarines at home that will immediately be frapped!! And I hope Pax had a splendid birthday with sprinkles all over his cute little face! Sorry I am so tardy to the party :)

I just love the chunky, slushiness of this!

I’m hanging on to every last ounce of summer! This sounds sooo yummy and refreshing. Mmmmm!