Aug
2014

Chit Chat Make Up Edition

Chit Chat | Tags:

Happy Friday to you!!  Today, I am talking a little about my daily Make Up routine, since some of you have requested this post :)

Let’s talk about pre-make up first.  I wish I could say that I use a really fancy face cleanser to wash my face but unfortunately I don’t.  I wash my face in the shower….eeek :)  I know, I am working on finding a great system.  I’ve been curious about the Chanel cleansing products.  It’s on my list to check out.

Make Up

Right after I get out of the shower and I’ve dried my face, I use one drop of pure Argan Oil underneath my eyes.  I am not kidding this stuff works wonders.  It has been the best results I’ve ever actually witnessed work for reducing wrinkles under the eyes.  It’s not very expensive either.  I go up to the health store by my house and they carry it.  Any pure argan oil will do the trick.  Doesn’t have to be this exact brand.  After I use the argan oil under my eyes, I use the Oil of Olay Regenerist cream as my main moisturizer.  I’ve used this for YEARS.  I’ve tried other expensive moisturizers and I always come back to this one.  It’s the best drug store moisturizer around.  Note:  Some friends I know can get away with using argan oil all over their face as their moisturizer.  I tried it and it just didn’t work for me.  Too oily for my whole face.  I prefer it just under my eyes and my decollate :)

make up

Up next, I apply Mac Studio Fix Concealer to various areas on my face.  Under my eyes, around my nose and mouth…and any other unfavorable spots :)  I just use my fingers for this, but you can definitely use the beauty blender.  Next, I apply my Chanel Perfection Lumiere foundation with my beauty blender.  You have got to pick up a beauty blender.  Best $20 I’ve ever spent.  Seriously applies my foundation so smooth.  Love it.  I mix up my foundation a couple times a year, but I am really loving this one.  It’s light but still has nice coverage.

To apply my foundation I use the Beauty Blender.  It is like no other.  Smooths your foundation perfectly.  A must!

Make Up

I don’t use this highlighter everyday mostly because it’s kind of expensive and I save it for “going out” days or nights, but it worth mentioning.  I find this at Sephora and I get #1, “Mister Meringue” the lightest one they have to use as a highlighter and concealer.  It really is beautiful.  Check it out, kind of fun to have as an option in your make up kit :)

Make Up

Up next I use Mac’s Pink Swoon blush on the apples of my cheeks.  Sounds kind of weird, but I found this website that talks about exactly where you should put your blush.  Scroll down a few pics and you’ll see they have it circled :)  I use a brush similar to this for my blush.  Then it’s contouring time with my bronzer.  I LOVE Too Faced Milk Chocolate Bronzer.  I’ve used it for a couple of years now.  The best part is that it smells like chocolate!  I won’t use anything else and I’ll be devastated if they stop selling it, lol!  I am not a brush snob.  I use some simple Sephora brand and Mac brushes for my brush and bronzer.

Moving on to the eyes.  I use Mac black pencil liner in Feline.  It’s a pencil, but goes on smooth.  It’s not waterproof, but I don’t really like wearing waterproof.  It stays on just fine throughout the day……unless you live in crazy humidity, then go with something more waterproof :)  I love this liner and have used it for quite a few years.

If there’s one product I really cannot live without it is without a doubt this Mac Eyebrow Pencil in Lingering.  It works for light or dark brows and fills your brows in just enough without looking clown-like.  A must find.

Make Up

I’ve used this Archie’s Girls eyeshadow palette from Mac for a couple years now.  I love it.  I mostly use the 3rd from the left called caramel sundae.  You can’t purchase it from Mac anymore but I found it on Amazon.  It really is an awesome little palette.

Make Up

I also LOVE my Clinique High Impact Extreme Volume Mascara.  It works the best for my lashes and it’s under $20 at the department store make-up counters.  Before I apply my mascara, I always curl my lashes.  Is that a thing from the past?  I thought everyone still curled their lashes, but maybe I’m wrong, lol!

Make Up

I don’t do much lip these days, but I do put a few dabs of Clinique’s Pudgy Peony.  It’s a great moisturizing lip balm with great color.

Make up

Super lame selfie trying to show my fresh make up.  I typically don’t spend more than 10 minutes putting my face on.  No mama’s got time for that :)

That’s it for me!  I’d love to hear your favorite beauty/make-up products!  I’m always up for trying new things :)

Happy Friday, see you Monday with a new recipe!!

This post contains some affiliate links.

Comments

I need you to come and do a makeover on me! I am clueless when it comes to this stuff:) Fun post!

You know I love this post :) I need to try that oil!! I totally agree on the bronzer — it’s perfect!

Gaby says:

A quick beauty routine is a must! Great list of products!!

Hillary says:

Hi Jenny!

I know you said you’re looking for a good skincare system, and I have what you’re looking for! I will even do a giveaway for you readers if you’d like. :) there is truly something for everyone, and it’s changing skin and changing lives… message me and we can get started! You’ll love it!

Hillary

I literally just finished an everyday make up post that I have set for next week. hilarious! LOVE your products…I NEED to try that mascara!!

Love this post! Great list of products too. Definitely going to try the Beauty Blender. My local store just recently stopped selling my favourite sponges and I haven’t been able to find anything that compares since – so definitely giving that a try! And that moisturizer too – the one I buy I have to order online – would be great to get something at the store.

Thanks for sharing Jenny! :)

My lashes don’t curl! :( stupid stick straight – I’ll need to give that Clinique one a shot! Love Olay regenerist creams!!

karen says:

How to make your eyelashes curl…for real. Use your blow dryer on your eye lash curler…be careful…only do this for a few seconds…test to make sure it is not too hot before putting the curler to your lashes. Then, curl…the heat sets your lash curl. Try it…

Karen says:

Heat your eyelash curler with your blow dryer for a few seconds before using. Test it to make sure it is not too hot before you apply to lashes…it works!

naomi says:

I love this post and your selfie!!! totally not lame. You are so awesome! :)

Rebecca says:

Love that you share your beauty wisdom!
    The Argan oil is terrific and so is the Regenerist.
    Sharing your post with my friends as well!
    Florida hugs,
    Becca

Michelle says:

Thanks for this post: I love makeup reccs. Now I need a beauty blender! Pretty picture too

Jaime says:

Thank you for your recommendations I’m excited to try Argan oil for my face & hair!!! :)

Clinique mascara is very good! Thanks for recomentation os other products!

Fanny RS says:

Oh thank you for that post Jenny ! You look amazing !

I also use the Chanel Perfection lumiere but I’m really tempted by the Estee Lauder Doucle wear liquid foundation that seem to be a great foundation to.
    I recently discovered the stay Matte powder from Rimmel, I Use it in Transparent to stettle my make-up, and I’m really happy with the results :I look way less oily !
    I had a make-up class with a Mac make-up artist a couple month ago and she gave me precious tips on how to draw my brows with their eyebrow pencil and how to aply blush regarding to my cheek-bones.
    Il you like Chanel, you must try their “Le beiges – poudre belle mine” :amazing sent, amazing way to fit the skin, iresistible Chanel ivory and black box”. I use mine has a bronzer, or I just add a touch of it over y blush ( Melba by Mac) and the result is really nice ! Also by Chanel, their waterproof ( sorry !) eyepen are really good ;o)

I genuinely enjjoy examining on this internet site,
    it has got fantastic articles. “A short saying oft contains much wisdom.”
    by Sophocles.

If you want personal access to your own medical records,
    then you need to either visit your health care provider or write them a letter
    making a formal request for the records. Applying a statute of limitations on the amount of
    time that one has to file a medial malpractice claim is the
    most commonly known example of tort reform. A good Chicago
    medical malpractice attorney would be able to help
    you with all these considerations.

I have been exploring for a bit for any high quality articles or blog
    posts in this sort of house . Exploring in Yahoo I finally stumbled upon this web site.
    Studying this info So i’m satisfied to convey that I’ve
    a very excellent uncanny feeling I discovered just what I needed.
    I such a lot undoubtedly will make sure to don?t put out of your
    mind this web site and give it a look regularly.

web site says:

Hey! I realize this is sort of off-topic however I needed to
    ask. Does managing a well-established blog like yours require a lot of work?

I’m completely new to running a blog however I do write in my diary everyday.

I’d like to start a blog so I can easily share my experience and feelings online.

Please let me know if you have any ideas or tips for brand new aspiring blog owners.
    Thankyou!

Hey there! Do you know if they make any plugins to assist with Search Engine Optimization? I’m trying to get
    my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I’m not seeing very good results.
    If you know of any please share. Thanks!

you’re iin point of fact a good webmaster. The
    sikte loading speed is amazing. It seems that you’re doing aany
    unique trick. Furthermore, The contents are masterpiece.

you’ve done a wonderful activity in this matter!