These Soft Gingersnap Cake Bars make the perfect dessert to bring to family and friends this season!
I can’t tell you enough how much everyone loved these bars at my house. They are about one of the easiest desserts you’ll make and can we talk about how delicious they are?
A perfect, soft cake like chewy bar with just the right gingerbread flavors.
Don’t wait a second longer, make these simple bars NOW 🙂
I love jazzing up cake mixes….no one will ever guess these bars start with a cake mix. Trust me 🙂
All ingredients into the mixing bowl.
Almost done. Ginger, cinnamon and lots of cinnamon chips!
Transfer your dough to a parchment lined baking dish, press evenly then bake!
Let cool then cut your bars into nice little squares. Dust with powdered sugar and EAT.
Soft Gingersnap Cake Bars
Prep time: 5 min | Cook time: 30 min | Total time: 35 min
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened (partially melted)
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup cinnamon chips
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a 9×13 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Place cake mix, butter, egg, molasses, ginger, cinnamon and cinnamon chips in a large bowl, mix to combine until dough forms. Transfer to prepared baking dish and press evenly.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until baked through. Let cool for 30-60 minutes before cutting into squares. Before serving, dust with powdered sugar.
Makes 12 Servings
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.