My 10 Minute Homemade Pasta Sauce recipe is just what you need for quick and simple weeknight dinners!
It’s so nice to have a speedy 10 minute homemade pasta sauce recipe that tastes like it’s been simmering all day. This 10 minute sauce will have all of your guests fooled. It is so flavorful and goes so nicely with your favorite pasta. Be sure to follow Picky Palate on Instagram for sneak peeks on what’s coming next to the blog!
Ingredients For Homemade Pasta
Simple pantry ingredients along with minced onion and garlic.
Saute Onions and Garlic
When your oil is nice and hot, saute your onion.
Add your minced garlic and cook for a couple minutes, until softened slightly.
Add your crushed tomatoes.
Add your seasonings and stir until hot.
Just as simple as that, your sauce is ready for your favorite pasta! After you add the sauce to your pasta, add some fresh basil for an even better sauce!
10 Minute Homemade Pasta Sauce
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced white onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon fine dried basil
- Heat oil in medium/large pan over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic for 2 minutes, until softened. Stir in tomatoes, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and basil. Simmer util ready to serve. Store in airtight container in refrigerator for 1 week or freeze as desired.
Pin Homemade Pasta Sauce!
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.