My Homemade Pasta Sauce recipe is just what you need for quick and simple weeknight dinners! It’s a super easy and delicious recipe that’s finished in 10 minutes!
How To Make Pasta Sauce
It’s so nice to have a speedy 10 minute homemade pasta sauce recipe that tastes like it’s been simmering all day. This 10 minute sauce will have all of your guests fooled. It is so flavorful and goes so nicely with your favorite pasta. Be sure to follow Picky Palate on Instagram for sneak peeks on what’s coming next to the blog!
Simple pantry ingredients along with minced onion and garlic.
The Best Canned Tomatoes To Use For Pasta Sauce
I like this brand, Cento and also San Marzano. Muir Glen is also a great choice.
When your oil is nice and hot, saute your onion.
Add your minced garlic and cook for a couple minutes, until softened slightly.
Add your crushed tomatoes.
Add your seasonings and stir until hot.
Just as simple as that, your sauce is ready for your favorite pasta! After you add the sauce to your pasta, add some fresh basil for an even better sauce!
What Kind of Pasta Should I Use?
There are countless shapes of pasta that work great with this sauce. I really like penne and rotini, but keep in mind, you can use whatever shaped pasta you’d like. Add some browned Italian Sausage for a heartier pasta dinner. Hope you enjoy!
10 Minute Homemade Pasta Sauce
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced white onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon fine dried basil
- Heat oil in medium/large pan over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic for 2 minutes, until softened. Stir in tomatoes, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and basil. Simmer util ready to serve. Store in airtight container in refrigerator for 1 week or freeze as desired.
Pin Homemade Pasta Sauce!