Sharing a favorite muffin recipe today! My Apple Spice Carrot Muffins are the perfect after school or morning snack. Apple Muffin perfection!
Making muffins on the weekends is one of my favorite things ever. You are going to love these soft, not overly sweet apple spice muffins with shredded carrots throughout. Hope you enjoy!
Apple Cinnamon Muffins
Start by creaming your butter and honey.
Add your egg.
Dry ingredients up next.
Add some bran, fill cupcake liners and bake! Most muffin recipes use a 12–cup muffin pan, each cup having a capacity of about ⅓ cup. This has become a standard size for the new, non-stick muffin pans and most aluminum pans for sale. If your pan has larger or smaller cups, adjust the baking time by about five minutes more for the larger muffins, five minutes less for the smaller ones.
Soft, hearty and perfect. Try them chilled too.
Tips For Making The BEST Muffins
- Start with ingredients at room temperature, eggs, milk, etc.
- Don’t over mix the batter.
- Use fresh ingredients and spices.
- Grease the entire muffin tin well.
- Fill muffin tins three-quarters full..
- Allow muffins to cool in the pan at least 10 minutes before removing them from tin.
What’s The Best Way To Store Muffins?
- Similar to any other types of bread, muffins should be placed into an airtight plastic bag or an airtight container. Properly wrapped muffins will keep stay fresh for 3-4 days at room temperature.
Can You Freeze Muffins?
- If wrapped well in an airtight container, frozen muffins will keep well for up to 3 months. NOTE: To prevent condensation on the muffin tops, be sure that muffins are completely cool before freezing.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup cinnamon applesauce
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup bran
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 9 muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- Place butter, sugar and honey into stand mixer, beat until well combined. Add egg, Kroger Applesauce, vanilla and carrots. Beat until combined. Slowly add flour, bran, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and salt. Beat until just combined. Scoop into cupcake liners, 3/4 full. Bake for 20-22 minutes, until baked through. Let cool then serve room temperature or chilled.
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.