How’s everyone doing with their New Year’s Resolutions?! It’s always nice to start the New Year off right with some healthier recipe options. I’m all about moderation and balance. I don’t like to cut anything completely out of my diet because it seems that it’s those things I want the most. My goals this year are focusing on eating more greens, fruits and grains. I’m also starting yoga again this year! Before we moved from California I was practicing at a studio I loved almost everyday. I miss it so much. Looking forward to more of that goodness in my life. Those are just a few of my goals, looking forward to making more throughout the year.
You are going to love these soft, not overly sweet apple spice muffins with shredded carrots throughout. Hope you enjoy!
I used Kroger’s Unsweetened Apple Sauce Pouches. So excited partnering with Kroger this month to bring you “healthier” recipes!
Kroger is encouraging everyone to reach their goals and attain these ‘little victories’ in 2015 to help keep your healthy-lifestyle-healthy-eating New Year’s resolutions. Did you know that nearly 90% of people giving up on their goals well before the year is even really started? That’s because they make resolutions that are sometimes too hard to keep up with, too hard to follow, or resolutions they never had any intent of keeping in the first place.
Start by creaming your butter and honey.
Add your egg.
Dry ingredients up next.
Add some bran, fill cupcake liners and bake!
Soft, hearty and perfect. Try them chilled too.
So happy to be working with Kroger this month to celebrate Little Victories and healthy lifestyles. Kroger is encouraging everyone to reach their New Year’s goals and celebrate Little Victories along the way. Do you have Little Victories in mind this year? More veggies, drink more water, exercise more? Here’s to lots of Little Victories this year! Be sure to use the widget below to enter a great giveaway!
Apple Spice Carrot Muffins
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 20 min | Total time: 30 min Ingredients
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup Kroger Unsweetened Applesauce, I used three 3.2 ounce squeeze packets
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup bran
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line 9 muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- Place butter, sugar and honey into stand mixer, beat until well combined. Add egg, Kroger Applesauce, vanilla and carrots. Beat until combined. Slowly add flour, bran, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and salt. Beat until just combined. Scoop into cupcake liners, 3/4 full. Bake for 20-22 minutes, until baked through. Let cool then serve room temperature or chilled.
Makes 9 Servings
$1,000 Kroger gift card
$500 in kitchen products
$250 KitchenAid Mixer
$50 Magic Bullet
$200 in cookware (pots and pans)
2 additional giveaways of $500 Kroger gift cards (Good at any Kroger affiliate store like Fred Meyer, Smith’s, etc)
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.