Candy Cane Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Tags: christmas, cookie bars, cookies, dessert, holiday baking, holiday cookie
Sharing my Candy Cane Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars today that are packed with Candy Cane bits and chocolate chips!
My Candy Cane Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are about to knock your socks off!
Does it get any better than peppermint everything around the Holidays? We like to add a bit of peppermint magic to all of our baking, hot chocolate and about anything else we can think of this time of year. These bars make the perfect gift to wrap up and surprise neighbors and friends. They’ve got those buttery crisp edges with chewy centers everyone loves. Get the family in the kitchen and enjoy some of my Candy Cane Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars!
Candy Cane Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars Ingredients
It’s always a pleasure partnering with Eggland’s Best to bring you new recipes! We’ve used Eggland’s Best Eggs for years.
Once you’ve creamed your butter and sugars, add your eggs then vanilla. Stir to combine.
Slowly add your dry ingredients up next.
Time for some chocolate chips! I prefer the mini chocolate chips in these bars, but regular or even chocolate chunks work great too.
Crushed candy cane bits up next! Many times you can find bags near the chocolate chips at your grocery store. You can always crush your own candy canes if needed.
This dough!! So festive and irresistible.
Place your dough into a 9×13-inch baking dish lined with parchment paper. Press evenly then time to bake!
Let bars cool completely before cutting into squares 🙂
Tips For Candy Cane Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
*Look for the Candy Cane bits at your grocery store’s baking section. They hold up much nicer than crushing your own candy canes.
*Use a plastic knife to cut your bars, works wonders!
*Store leftover bars in an airtight container room temperature or chilled.
- 2 sticks salted butter softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar packed
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup crushed candy cane bits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a 9x13-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and sugars into a large mixing bowl or stand mixer until well combined. Beat in egg and vanilla. Slowly add flour, pudding mix, baking soda and salt. Stir until dough starts to form then stir in chips and candy cane bits. Press into prepared baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown on top and baked through. Let cool completely before cutting into squares.
Disclaimer: This post was in partnership with Eggland’s Best. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.
Pin Candy Cane Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.