This Chicken Florentine Bowtie Pasta is an easy, cheesy chicken pasta dish that the whole family will go crazy for. This simple baked pasta recipe is great for weeknight meals!
Chicken Florentine Bowtie Pasta
Here’s a deliciously simple weeknight dinner for you that I prepared for Goodbite.com and the Real Women of Philadelphia. This is one of those dinners the the whole family loves. Creamy with lots of chicken and full of flavor 🙂 Enjoy!!
I am off to San Diego for the weekend with my traveling BFF Amanda. Follow our fun as we hunt down the best sweet shops the city has to offer 🙂 I’ll be posting faithfully on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
Chicken Florentine Bowtie Pasta
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken breast
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups Philadelphia Cooking Cream
- 1 lb bowtie pasta or other small noodle
- 1 1/2 cups mozarella cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place oil in Dutch oven or large pot over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring for 1 minute. Stir in spinach leaves, cook, stirring until wilted about 2 minutes.
- Add chicken, salt, and pepper, and cook until heated through, about 3 minutes. Add cooking cream, stirring to combine.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and run under cold water to stop cooking. Add pasta to chicken mixture stirring to combine.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish and top with cheese. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, until cheese is melted.
Click HERE to watch a step by step video of me making this dish on Goodbite.com 🙂
Have a great weekend!! xoxo
Hi Jenny, I am having trouble viewing this recipe. You have a video that keeps covering it up. When I scroll down, the video jumps to the side bar. But when I scroll back up, it jumps right back over the recipe.
I don’t think they even make Philadelphia cooking creme anymore. Do have some ideas for substitutes?
Since they discontinued the cooking crème, I found this recipe on Epicurious that allows you to make your own with whatever flavorings you want and not have to worry about preservatives and all that other stuff. I’m making this tonight for 3 hungry teenage boys (one is mine and the other two are exchange students) who are in the middle of final exams. This should satisfy them! =) http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/member/views/MAKE-YOUR-OWN-COOKING-CREME-52461791
Served this for company. Everyone loved it. Thx
So glad to hear it Iris! Thanks for sharing 🙂
Deliciousness! Used regular old lite cream cheese..about 10 oz, and added about 4 T lite sour cream along with a healthy chug of white wine. Could not find the cooking creme. Also added 6oz sliced mushrooms. This was so so good and easy. Thank you much!
I cook a lot and I love this one I never cooked this before! If I make it, it wont be dry? There don’t seem to be much liquid to it?
The cooking cream is no longer being made. So what else do I use? Dinner guess coming in few hrs, Please help!!!
This sounds so good, but you lost me with “cooking creme.” I try to stay clear of adding processed and added preservatives into my family’s food. I’ll be playing around with it to see what I can use to substitute.
Made this today with Italian herb 1/3 less fat cooking cream and added broccoli and a can of artichoke hearts. Soooo good! Thanks!
This was so good and easy to make! I cut the recipe in half, added two small roman tomatoes and used Italian cheese flavored cooking cream.
Chicken Bowtie Pasta: PHENOM! I am eating the leftovers as I type. Great weeknight “what am I going to cook for dinner that won’t take forever” dish!
So good!! I made mine with a box of frozen spinach since they were out of regular spinach at the store. I also used the savory garlic flavor creme, delish!!
This is soooooo good!!
Thank you, thank you!!
Oh, and i used 1 cup plain & 1 cup Italian cooking creme 😉
This is so yummy! I’ve made it about 4 times now. I have been making a half batch since it is just the two of us. My husband likes it reheated but I am not as big of fan of this one reheated. The night of though it is super gooey and good. Thanks for another go to recipe!