My Creamy 3 Cheese Rigatoni recipe could not be easier to prepare for busy weeknights! Flavor packed with 3 cheeses, this one’s a winner for sure.
Weeknight dinners just got a whole lot more delicious with my Creamy 3 Cheese Rigatoni. This is a great recipe to teach your pre-teen/teen kids to make with a little assistance. Serve with a nice green salad and breadsticks. Dinner perfection!
How to Prepare Creamy 3 Cheese Rigatoni
I love the simple ingredients of this quick fix dinner. Literally pasta, cheeses, your favorite pasta sauce, a cup of cream and cooked sausage.
Once your pasta and sausage is cooked add them to a large mixing bowl or to the pot you were using to cook the pasta.
What Kind Of Pasta Sauce Should I Use?
I have a quick 10 Minute Homemade Pasta Sauce Recipe you can use otherwise there are great options at the grocery store. My favorite pre-made pasta sauce is Trader Joe’s 3 Cheese Pasta Sauce. Barilla and Classico also make good sauces if you don’t feel like making your own. Add your favorite pasta sauce to the bowl.
Pour in the cream. This makes the pasta creamy fantastic. You can absolutely leave it out if you’d like.
Give the pasta a nice stir and prepare to transfer to a 9×13-inch baking dish.
Transfer half of pasta mixture into your baking dish. Top this portion with Parmesan cheese and cheddar cheese. Top with remaining pasta.
Once your cheeses are layered, top with remaining pasta.
Top with a generous amount of shredded Mozzarella cheese and it’s time to bake! Bake at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes.
Your Creamy 3 Cheese Rigatoni will come out of the oven hot, cheesy and ready for dinner. Be sure to follow Picky Palate on Instagram where you’ll get previews of what’s coming!
Tips For Making Creamy 3 Cheese Rigatoni
*Undercook your Rigatoni by 1 minute to keep it al dente. Anytime I am baking a pasta dish, I follow this rule. This will avoid mushy pasta.
*Mix up your cheese choices if desired. Cubed cream cheese and even goat cheese make for delicious options.
*Add fresh herbs. I love topping with chopped fresh basil before serving.
Creamy 3 Cheese Rigatoni
- 1 pound cooked Rigatoni
- 1 pound cooked/browned Italian Sausage ground
- 24 ounce jar of your favorite pasta sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place rigatoni, sausage, pasta sauce and cream into a large mixing bowl or pot. Transfer half to a 9x13 inch baking dish. Top this portion with Parmesan Cheese and Cheddar Cheese. Pour remaining pasta over top and top with Mozzarella Cheese. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and dish is hot. Remove and serve immediately.