These Cinnamon Roll Gingerbread Bars are filled with toffee chips and covered in a delicious homemade icing! These soft, chewy and decadent dessert bars are next level!
Cinnamon Roll Gingerbread Dessert Bars
Christmas baking makes me so happy. There is nothing like the sweet smell of gingerbread baking in your oven, I’m telling you, it’s the best!
I just love these little bars I whipped up earlier this week. This is my first recipe coming from our new home! I am still getting unpacked, but it’s so great to start fresh in a fun new neighborhood.
Hope you will enjoy my sweet Holiday bars that are perfect for any Christmas plate for family and friends. Have a great day! xoxo
Ingredients You’ll Need
Here’s your line up. Please picture a bag of Toffee Chips that I left out 🙂
Flour, baking powder, salt and that fabulous molasses!
Cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger…oh my!
How to Make Cinnamon Roll Gingerbread Bars
Add them all to the bowl!
I love using my little nutmeg grater, but you can always use ground nutmeg if needed.
Give a little mix.
Time for the egg and molasses!
Pour in your buttermilk 🙂
Time to mix!
Add your toffee chips and mix.
Pour into your prepared pan.
Time for the cinnamon roll swirl.
Get your swirl on…..then bake for about 30 minutes.
Time for the drizzle, yum….
Double yum 🙂 Enjoy friends!
Cinnamon Roll Gingerbread Bars
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg or ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup toffee chips
- 4 tbsp melter butter
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3-4 tbsp heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line an 8x8 inch baking pan with foil or parchment that has been generously sprayed with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, molasses, egg, and buttermilk. Mix until well combined.
- Stir in toffee chips. Pour mixture into prepared baking pan. Add brown sugar and cinnamon to melted butter, stirring to combine. Drizzle over top of batter and run a knife through to swirl throughout.
- Bake for 28-33 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove from oven.
- Place powdered sugar and heavy cream into a medium mixing bowl, mix until a nice drizzling consistency. Drizzle over warm bars. Let cool completely then cut into bars (a plastic knife works wonders....no sticking!)
Have a great day! Come back soon 🙂