Classic Chocolate Cream Pie
Sharing my favorite Chocolate Cream Pie recipe with you today that is perfect for this Holiday Season! Simple to prepare with the perfect sweet chocolate pudding filling. Everyone loves this recipe!
Chocolate Cream Pie is a favorite pie recipe especially around the Holidays! With just a little bit of prep work, you’ll have a gorgeous homemade pie that will wow all of your guests. Be sure to make my All Butter Pie Crust recipe in advance so it has time to cool. It’s buttery, flaky and delicious.
Be sure to follow Picky Palate on Instagram for sneak peeks on what’s coming to the blog!
How To Make Chocolate Cream Pie
Homemade Chocolate Cream Pie does not have to be a difficult task. With this simple to follow recipe, you’ll have you’re homemade chocolate pudding filling done in just a few minutes. See recipe below for pudding filling details.
Let the chocolate filling cool for a good 15 minutes before transferring to cooked/cooled pie crust. Filling should be smooth, thick and creamy.
Pour filling into pie crust, filling just about to the top of pie crust.
Silky, smooth and so delicious. So excited for you to make this for your guests!
Carefully cover pie with plastic wrap and chill until ready to serve.
Grab a block of chocolate and a vegetable peeler to make chocolate shavings. These look great on top of your pie.
Before serving, top with fresh whipped cream and chocolate shavings. Homemade Chocolate Cream Pie has never been so simple! Enjoy!
- 1 Picky Palate All Butter Pie Crust Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 3 egg yolks beaten
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder I used Hershey's
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fresh Whipped Cream
- Chocolate Shavings
- Prepare Picky Palate pie crust recipe as directed in recipe. Let cool completely.
- Place sugar and egg yolks in a medium mixing bowl, stir until sugar is well coated with yolks. Add cocoa powder, cornstarch, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Add milk to a large saucepan over medium heat, stir in sugar/egg yolk mixture.
- Cook and stir over medium heat, stirring constantly, until boiling. Once mixture starts to boil and thicken, remove from heat. Stir in butter and vanilla. Cool for 15 minutes, then pour mixture into cooked, cooled pie crust. Chill for 2 hours before serving. Top with whipped cream and chocolate savings before serving.
Pin Chocolate Cream Pie
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.