Good Sunday everyone! We are enjoying the weekend with my sister and her family visiting from AZ, we are having a great time.
Here is that crazy chocolate cake from Easter we enjoyed. It is tall, sweet and delicious. It takes a little preparation, but trust me it’s well worth it. Chocolate cake, brownie and cheesecake layers make for a winning combo. For your next family party, try this baby on em’, it’s sure to be a huge hit! Enjoy!
Double Chocolate Cheesecake Layered Cake
- 2 8 oz packages softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 brownie mix 9x13 inch size
- 1 chocolate cake mix
- favorite chocolate frosting recipe prepared (tripled)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place cream cheese and sugar into a stand or electric mixer bowl. Beat until softened. Beat in the eggs until smooth. Pour into a wax paper lined and greased 9 inch springformpan. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until middle is set and not jiggly. Remove and let cool completely. Refrigerate overnight or for 2-3 hours. Carefully remove sides and transfer to wax paper (I used a giant spatula to help, it's ok if it breaks a little, just piece it together and freeze cheesecake for 30 minutes to firm).
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions and divide evenly into a wax paper lined and greased 9 inch cake pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean from center. Let cool completely then carefully turn over onto wax paper; set aside.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions and pour into 2 wax paper lined 9 inch cake pans. Bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean from center. Let cool completely then carefully turn over onto wax paper; set aside.
- Place one of the chocolate cake layers onto a cake stand. Spread with a thin layer of chocolate frosting then layer with the brownie. Spread brownie with a thin layer of frosting then top with cheesecake layer. Spread with a thin layer of frosting then layer with remaining chocolate cake layer. Spread entire cake with remaining chocolate frosting. Chill until ready to serve.