My boys are growing up entirely too fast. What do I do to stop them, can hardly believe my oldest is already 8 years old!
I really do LOVE birthdays, I had so much fun sneaking around Thursday night after the boys went to bed decorating the whole house. I’m talking good old fashion streamers, balloons and cheesy Happy Birthday signs. It’s so priceless to see their faces when they wake up to see the house full of birthday color.
So, I asked the birthday boy what kind of cake he wanted for his birthday and he told me…..Oreo marshmallow cupcakes. We had a blast putting this crazy, over the top cupcake together. Eat with caution…..these cupcakes may put you in a sugar coma for days 🙂
Take a peek at the boys in the kitchen again helping me. I can get used to having them home from school 🙂 Love my little helpers!
Here’s your line up. Please note I only used half a bloc of cream cheese. 4 oz to be exact.
LOVE my cupcake liners. These are the giant Texas size ones. Picked them up at TJ Maxx Home a few weeks ago.
Let the fun begin!
Oh my gosh, I could take pics of this goofy kid all day 🙂
Yes, the birthday boy requested Marshmallow cream inside the batter….he’s definitely my son huh?
Don’t forget the crushed oreos inside too.
Let the layering begin. Start with the cupcake batter, an oreo and a dollop of marshmallow cream. Repeat one more time if you are using the Texas Size Muffin Tin. Only once for the normal size.
I’d say those look pretty awesome. Nice choice birthday boy!
Yah, loving these 🙂
Had to get some shots of these adorable teaspoons Amanda brought me while we were in NY. Love them, Thanks girl!
Fluffer-Oreo Birthday Boy Cupcakes
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1/2 Cup canola or vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 oz. softened cream cheese
- 5 Oreo Cookies crushed, plus 12-24 whole Oreos to layer inside cupcakes
- 1/2 Cup marshmallow cream plus 1/2 Cup to layer
- Cream Cheese Frosting See the link for recipe
- 5 or so Oreos crushed to sprinkle over each frosted Cupcake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using your stand mixer, beat the cake mix, water, oil, eggs, pudding mix, cream cheese, 5 crushed oreos and 1/2 Cup Marshmallow cream until well combined, about 1 minute.
- Line your Texas Size Muffin Tin with paper liners and place 2 Tablespoons of batter into the bottom of each cup.
- Layer with an Oreo then a dollop of marshmallow cream, 2 more tablespoons of batter then another Oreo and dollop of marshmallow cream. NOTE: If you are using a normal size cupcake pan, only layer one Oreo and one dollop of marshmallow cream.
- Top with 2 more Tablespoons of cupcake batter, should be about 3/4 full. Don’t fill more than that or you’ll have a mess in your oven 🙂
- Bake for 25-27 minutes (for Texas Size Pan 18-22 minutes for normal size cupcake pan, or until just golden brown and cooked through.
- Let cool completely. Frost and sprinkle with crushed Oreos.
Have a great new week, see you soon!