These crispy, oven-fried homemade potato chips are an easy and savory snack idea! Seasoned with olive oil and garlic, thinly sliced and crisped to perfection.
Hope everyone is having a nice Monday. It has been so nice to have today off. I usually work in my dental office Monday’s but decided that I needed the day off! I had one of my last pilates training sessions last Thurs-Sunday and it was brutal. I am really excited to be almost completely official! I swear the upcoming practical exam is more stressful than my dental hygiene boards. There’s something so wrong with that!
So, onto the food….
I made these yummy homemade potato chips this afternoon. They are a nice alternative to fried chips and are actually really easy. If you don’t have a mandolin or “v-slicer,” I highly recommend investing in one. For those of you who live in AZ, I got mine at Shars Kitchen store in Gilbert or you can find it online. It’s by Zyliss and costs about $45.00.
It took about 30 seconds to slice 2 large potatoes into thin potato chip slices. You could certainly use a sharp knife if you don’t have a mandolin. They’re handy to have, too – I pull mine out mostly to julienne and thinly slice vegetables. I also love the silicone pastry brushes that I use in this recipe. You can pick them up for about $5.00 just about any where, I use them all the time.
If you ever feel like making your own homemade potato chips, this is a simple, easy snack recipe that’s really tasty too. Full of flavor for a little homemade indulgence! Have a great week and have some chips!
Savory Homemade Potato Chips
- 2 large russet potatoes washed, not peeled
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt to taste
- Lawry's Garlic Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- With a mandolin on the thinnest blade or a sharp knife, slice potatoes into thin slices. Place sliced potatoes on paper towels to gently pat dry.
- With a pastry brush, very lightly brush the potatoes with extra virgin olive oil.
- Lightly sprinkle one side of the potatoes with kosher salt and garlic salt.
- Place seasoned side of potatoes down onto 2 large baking sheets that have been sprayed lightly with cooking spray, and then do the same to the unseasoned side.
- Place in oven and bake for 12 minutes. Remove and flip each potato. Bake for an additional 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove chips and place onto a cooling rack for 5-10 minutes to finish crisping, then serve.