Broccoli Breakfast Bake | Breakfast Casserole
Sharing a favorite breakfast casserole today! My Broccoli Cheddar Breakfast Bake is the perfect recipe to impress your family and friends for special occasions!
This simple breakfast casserole recipe is one of our family favorites to make for weekend brunch and special occasions! It’s packed with roasted potatoes, broccoli, tomatoes, bell peppers and cheese, this recipe will be a huge hit!
Easy Breakfast Casserole
Be sure to prepare your roasted potatoes ahead of time, that way you can get right to work on the recipe. You’ll need 4 English Muffins.
Cut each muffin into eighths.
Split them open and place into a 12 inch cast iron skillet.
Top with broccoli florets.
Pour your egg mixture over top.
Top with shredded cheese!
Perfect, ready to bake!
Best Breakfast Bake!
Cut into wedges and serve with your favorite hot sauce if desired. Enjoy!
What Is A Breakfast Casserole?
- Breakfast casseroles, sometimes also called egg strata, are a combination of a number of breakfast foods baked in casserole form. Some people relate it to a savory bread pudding but not all casseroles use bread. In cases where bread is not used, the recipes may turn out much like frittatas or baked omelets. The reason that breakfast casseroles may be called egg strata is because they typically have layered ingredients of things like bread, breakfast meats, and cheese. On top of these layers, people pour a custard-like mix which is usually a combination of eggs and milk.
- Many people celebrate the ease of making breakfast casseroles especially since many recipes can be made the night before and baked just an hour or so before you want to serve breakfast. An additional benefit of the breakfast casserole is that it can be a great way to serve a meal to a lot of guests or a large family.
- Many recipes for breakfast casseroles include slices of cubed bread. Bread should be slightly stale and it’s a great way to utilize leftover bread. When bread is used, the ingredients are often assembled the night before baking. This gives the bread time to soak up the egg/milk custard producing a thick and creamy result.
- 4 whole English Muffins
- 1 cup Roasted Potatoes
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 12 large eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly spray a 10 inch cast iron skillet with cooking spray.
- Cut each English Muffin into eighths, split apart and place into cast iron skillet. Top with roasted potatoes (see here for recipand broccoli florets. Crack eggs into large mixing bowl and whisk in salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture over muffins, potatoes and broccoli. Top evenly with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until eggs are set. Remove and let cool for 10 minutes before cutting into wedges. Serve with your favorite salsa if desired.
Pin To Your Favorite Recipe Board
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.