My Honey Whole Wheat Pizza Dough Recipe is a sure winner for your family and friends!
You are in for such a treat with my Honey Whole Wheat Pizza Dough recipe! I have been making pizza for a couple weeks now and cannot stop! I used to stock up on store-bought dough from Trader Joe’s like it was going out of style. I still love it, but there’s something about making your own pizza dough in your kitchen that can’t be beat!
My recipe could not be more simple to prepare. No waiting for the dough to rise, it’s literally done in about 15 minutes.
So excited for you to make your own dough for your family, not only does it taste incredible, your house smells like a dream too!
Here’s most of your line up of ingredients. Simple pantry ingredients!
I love the sweetness the honey gives the dough. Mmm! We like to use local raw honey.
Prepare The Pizza Dough
Start with adding warm water to your stand mixer along with the yeast and sugar.
Let the yeast and sugar sit for 10 minutes then add your flour, olive oil, honey and salt.
With the dough hook attached, let mix for 3 minutes, until well combined.
Take dough out of the bowl.
Knead The Dough
Transfer dough to a floured counter top.
Knead a few times folding over and pushing.
Form dough into a round ball. You can bake it at this point, cut it into fourths for individual pizzas, or refrigerate in a Ziploc bag.
My boys love making their own pizzas, so I usually cut this dough into fourths and store in the refrigerator or freezer. I put one of these baggies into the fridge and baked it after 1 week and it worked great.
They make great gifts for friends and neighbors too! For more Palate Recipes click HERE.
Honey Whole Wheat Pizza Dough Recipe
- 1 cup warm water 110 degrees F
- 2 1/4 teaspoons Active Dry Yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 cups Gold Medal Flour's White Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Lawry's Garlic salt
- Place warm water, yeast and sugar into bowl of stand mixer. Make sure dough hook is attached to mixer. Gently stir water, yeast and sugar and let sit for 10 minutes.
- With mixer on low speed, slowly add flour, honey, olive oil, salt and garlic salt. Once dough starts to form, increase speed to medium. Mix for 3 minutes, until dough is well combined.
- With floured hands, transfer dough to a floured countertop. Knead with hands 3 or 4 times then roll into a ball. At this point you can refrigerate for 3 days, freeze up to 1 month or roll and bake now.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and roll dough into a 12 inch round. Spread with sauce and toppings of choice. Bake for 16-20 minutes until crust is baked through. Remove and let cool for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Note: You can cut the dough into fourths and make four individual size pizzas as well. Bake for 12-16 minutes for the smaller pizzas. Dough can be frozen for 4 weeks as well.
Looks yummy! Can you make this if you don’t have a stand mixer?
I tried this pizza crust for the first time this weekend, it was amazing! The texture and consistency of the crust are great, but the flavor is what makes it better than any pizza crust recipe I have ever tried, homemade or otherwise.
Thanks for posting such a great and healthy recipe!!
Just made this for dinner tonight!! Super easy to make and very YUMMY!!!! Will definitely be making this again!!
Sorry that was whole wheat pastry flour.
Can you use whole wheat pastry dough?
Made your pizza dough for our Friday night pizza night. It’s a winner, I’ll be using this recipe from now on. Thanks for posting it.
So glad to hear it, thanks Michelle!
made this tonight and it was horrible! Made it according to your recipe exactly. Does the dough need to rise before using it? I’ve been looking for a CO pizza dough. I am just wondering what I did wrong!
Sorry to hear this Kevin. I make it weekly with no trouble. Are you using a stand mixer with a dough hook?
Also love that fun opening shot;) Way to draw us in!
Darn went to the store knowing I needed whole wheat for this recipe, bought whole wheat not WHITE whole wheat. Have you tried this recipe with whole wheat? I have the Breville pizza maker, and love it, can’t wait to try this dough with it!
I made this tonight (and I did it on a baking sheet that I sprayed with olive oil spray first) and it came out fabulous! My 11 month old devoured it. She kept eating and eating; I was worried she’d end up with a tummyache from overfilling her little belly! This was incredibly easy and the first time I used my dough hook since I got my stand mixer 4 years ago!
big thumbs up 🙂
So glad to hear it Megan! Thanks for the feedback 🙂
Hey! When you bake your pizza do you use a pizza stone, just a regular baking sheet?? Just wondering which works the best.
Hi Vera, I don’t use a stone, just a metal pizza pan 🙂 A baking sheet works great too.
Has anyone else tried to make the dough yet? I tried it. Not sure what I did wrong but its too crumbly. Not sure how to fix it…Will have to try again later. Maybe too much flour in mine?
How long will it last in the freezer is there any special instructions for using after it has been Frozen.
This was so easy to make. My husband was happy he didn’t have to wait 2 hours for the dough to rise. And I was happy it was whole wheat. Definitely a great pizza dough recipe.