Y’all knew I wasn’t stopping with the whole ice cream thing until I did a cake right?! Well, I’ve done it and did it well…..this baby was chocolate cake heaven! Don’t tell anyone that this cake is a breeze to make either, they’ll NEVER know 🙂
My sister and her family visited this week and it happened to be her Birthday on Tuesday. I wanted to create a very special cake for her and this fit the bill just perfectly. I knew my ice cream cookies were the bomb, then the ice cream brownies were irresistible, now we’ve got an Ice Cream Sundae Cake to put on our list. Talk about a perfect birthday cake, very special indeed.
Enough blabbing from me, take a peek and make one this summer!
Here’s your line-up for cake ingredients. Again, have fun with your ice cream. Use any favorite flavor you’d like!!
Dump it in baby!
Ice cream and hot fudge….Yes!
Pour into 4 sprayed cake pans, bake and cool.
Layer onto a nice little cake stand and frost each and every layer.
These chocolate curls look great on the sides and even top of the cake if you want. Take your everyday vegetable peeler and peel away at a nice bloc of chocolate. I used Sarris Milk Chocolate Bloc, which was AMAZING!!
Here you have a birthday cake to make any birthday boy or girl happy 🙂
Ice Cream Sundae 4 Layer Chocolate Cake
- 1 box Devils Food Cake Mix
- 1 small box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1/2 Cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1 heaping Cup Vanilla Ice Cream (or whatever ice cream flavor you choose)
- 1/4 Cup Hot Fudge Sauce
- Chocolate Frosting of Choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place cake mix, pudding, eggs, water oil, ice cream and hot fudge sauce into stand or electric mixer.
- Beat on low then medium for about 1 minute 30 seconds or until well combined and thick.
- Divide evenly into 4 (9 inch) cake pans that have been generously sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick comes mostly clean from center.
- Let cool completely, loosen sides with a plastic knife then remove from pans.
- Place bottom layer onto a cake stand, spread with your favorite chocolate frosting….repeat until 3 layers are frosted leaving 4th layer on top. Frost remaining top and sides of cake with frosting.
- Take a vegetable peeler and peel chocolate bloc to get curls, about 2 cups worth. Press curls onto sides of cake and serve room temperature or refrigerate to chill.
Have a great rest of your week and weekend, come back soon!!