Neopolitan Gooey Cake Bars
What a fun week we’ve had. My sister and her family have been visiting and that means I got to steal her cute girls to bake with me! I wanted to create something fun for them and I think we did it. Get a load of my Neopolitan Gooey Cake Bars 🙂
What you are seeing is correct…..a chocolate cake layer, a vanilla cake layer and a strawberry gooey layer. Brace yourself for this one, it is rich and sweet. Definitely grab some milk with these babies.
Hope you enjoy!
Strawberry, Chocolate and Vanilla cake mixes along with some butter, eggs and sweetened condensed milk. Please note, these are really full sticks of butter. I purchase the full bloc of butter at Costco that I have to cut myself 🙂
Start with the chocolate layer. Each cake mix gets a stick of butter and an egg. Mix until a firm dough forms.
I miss these girls already! How cute are they?!
Press that chocolate layer into the bottom of your baking dish.
Time for the vanilla layer with my sweet little niece 🙂
Gently press the vanilla layer over the chocolate layer.
….and last but not least the pretty strawberry layer.
Bring on the gooey-ness. I actually added the entire can of sweetened condensed milk, but would recommend 3/4 cup as I have listed in my recipe. It took a very long time to bake with the entire can. Once drizzled, bake in the oven at 350 degrees F. for 40-50 minutes!
Wait until you cut into them, I love those layers! ….and the bit of toasted gooey-ness from the sweetened milk 🙂
Neopolitan Gooey Cake Bars
1 box chocolate cake mix1 box vanilla/white cake mix
1 box strawberry cake mix
3 sticks unsalted butter, softened
3 large eggs
14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a 9×13 inch baking pan with foil sprayed with cooking spray.
2. Place chocolate cake mix, a stick of butter and an egg into a large bowl, mix until combined. Press into the bottom of prepared baking pan.
3. Place vanilla cake mix, a stick of butter and an egg into a large bowl, mix until combined. Press over chocolate cake layer.
4. Place strawberry cake mix, a stick of butter and an egg into a large bowl, mix until combined. Press over vanilla cake layer.
5. Drizzle 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk over strawberry layer then bake for 40-50 minutes, until center is cooked through. Let cool completely. Cut off all edges, about 1/2 inch, this makes bars look nicer, but not necessary. Cut remaining bars into squares and serve.
Makes 12-16 servings
Have a great rest of your week, come back soon!
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.