You HAVE to try this easy Pumpkin Spice Buttercream on your next dessert! This homemade buttercream is so tasty, it’s good enough to enjoy with just a spoon.
Best Buttercream Frosting Recipe
Whipping up a favorite buttercream frosting recipe for you today! Pumpkin style!! Well, I’ve got a simple and out of this world delicious buttercream that is perfect for this season. It’s got Pumpkin Pie Spices which make it perfectly festive over brownies, cakes, cookies and just about everything! Hope you enjoy.
Try my Peppermint Buttercream Frosting recipe too! Follow Picky Palate on Instagram for daily recipe inspiration.
How to Make Pumpkin Spice Buttercream
You’ll need just a few delicious items to get started. You’ll also need just a couple splashes of milk which is not photographed.
Whip it all up and you get this amazing aromatic buttercream just begging to be eaten.
Pax literally could not keep his little fingers out of it, ha! Enjoy!
Tips For Making Homemade Buttercream Frosting
- Make sure your butter or shortening is at room temperature before beating it. All the lumps should be completely beaten out before adding the sugar a little at a time or it will be impossible to get a smooth consistency.
- Try not to overbeat the buttercream after all the ingredients have been added or you might add bubbles, which will ruin the texture of the icing.
- You can make a buttercream frosting ahead of time and keep it in the refrigerator. To soften, let stand at room temperature. When frosting softens, beat with an electric mixer.
- Do not try and cover a freshly baked cake with chilled buttercream or it will simply fall to pieces. For the best results chill your cake and bring the icing to room temperature. You can also beat the buttercream for a few minutes to create great fluffy texture.
- If you are covering a cake with buttercream make enough to do the entire job because it is difficult to recreate colors:
- 9 x 13 cake needs about four cups icing
- 12 x 18 cake needs about six cups icing
- 9-inch round layer cake needs five cups icing
Pumpkin Spice Buttercream Frosting
- 1 stick unsalted butter softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- Place butter into stand mixer with whisk attachment, mix on high to mix well. Slowly add powdered sugar, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice. Add milk as needed to thin buttercream.
Looks yummy! Will this hold up if I use a decorating tip with this buttercream?
Oh WOW!!. I love Pumpkin Spice. You bet I’m going to make this. My mouth is watering already.
I’m all about stealing little spoonfuls of frosting for a taste and this is no exception!
Must try this buttercream stat! So tempting Jenny!
I am in the process of pulling brownies out of the oven and I can’t wait to try this frosting on them! Thanks for the recipe.
I want to slather this on everything! Pumpkin frosting – yassss!
This looks so delicious! I can’t wait to see what you put it on!
I love the idea of a pumpkin spice buttercream!! Perfect to spread all over every Fall dessert!
Do you think pumpkin spice extract would be useful or even necessary in this?
Um, this looks like a killer buttercream! perfect for the holidays!
Yep…probably would not make it on anything…would end up eating it out of the bowl…..yum! Maybe on bagels?