Sharing my Sweet Potato Cupcakes with you today that make the perfect addition to your Holiday dessert table! Spiced just right, everyone loves these.
If you’ve never had a sweet potato cupcake, I’m about to make your day!
I have to be honest, I am not the first to run over to the sweet potato casserole at the Thanksgiving table, however in cupcake form…..they are the bomb, lol!
Sweet, cinnamon-y and very festive indeed. They are soft, moist and perfectly frosted with a cinnamon sugar cream cheese frosting. Did I mention this is a one bowl recipe?! Love!
For another Thanksgiving Cupcake try my Pumpkin Spice Butterscotch Cupcakes.
How To Prepare Sweet Potato Cupcakes
Here is your simple one bowl recipe line up. See recipe below for the details 🙂
My little sweetie pie was helping me with this recipe. Love his little hands 🙂 I started with the flour, but any order is fine. Just dump it all in.
Here he is adding the cinnamon, sugar and buttermilk.
Adding our egg and sweet potato puree. I found my can of sweet potato puree right next to the cans of pumpkins. You should be able to find it no problem.
Line em’ up and fill 3/4 way full. You will bake these at 350 degrees F. for 20-25 minutes, they smell incredible while baking!
How To Make Cream Cheese Frosting
While the cupcakes are baking, prepare your frosting. Cream your cream cheese and butter until nice and creamy. Make sure they are both room temperature, makes all the difference in the world.
Creamy and dreamy 🙂
Time to add your powdered sugar to the mix. I usually add 1 cup at at time.
Mix, then add your remaining cups of powdered sugar until a nice consistency.
Time for some cinnamon. Any cinnamon will do the trick.
Spread frosting over your cooled cupcakes.
Gorgeous and delicious! Enjoy 🙂
Sweet Potato Cupcakes with Cinnamon Sugar Cream Cheese Frosting
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup canned sweet potato puree
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons softened cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons softened unsalted butter
- 3 to 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl add the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, sugar, sweet potato, egg, and buttermilk. Mix until well combined, about 15 to 30 seconds with a large spoon. Fill prepared muffin cups 3/4 full with batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until cooked through. Let cool completely.
- To prepare frosting, place butter and cream cheese into a mixing bowl, beating until creamy and smooth. Slowly add powdered sugar until you get the consistency you desire....between 3 and 4 cups. Stir in cinnamon then frost over cupcakes.
Pin Sweet Potato Cupcakes With Cream Cheese Frosting