Sharing our favorite turkey chili today! This Turkey Bacon Chili Mac is a perfect weeknight dinner the whole family goes nuts for!
Turkey chili is the best during chilly months! This time of year is so great to be in the kitchen. I don’t know if it’s the cooler weather or what, but I love breaking out my big cast iron pots and whipping up a new hearty recipe. We have chili on a very regular basis and I have been wanting to put a fun new twist on it for a while now. I decided it would be fun to create a Turkey Bacon Chili Mac. It was a huge hit with my boys. We had it as leftovers for a few days too. Comfort food in a pot. Win! Hope you enjoy!
Try my Perfect Weeknight Chili too! Follow Picky Palate on Instagram for daily recipe inspiration.
Chili Mac Recipe
You’ll need some chopped red bell peppers, chopped onion and a mild green chili pepper. I used an Anaheim.
Saute those babies until softened.
Add two pounds of ground turkey and season.
Once the turkey is browned, add your broth, tomatoes and tomato paste.
Add your cumin and chili powder.
I added a small packet of dry Ranch Dressing Seasoning. This is optional, but it went great with the turkey and bacon. You could add 1/2 teaspoon of garlic salt if you choose to leave the Ranch seasoning out.
Add some cooked pasta and your bacon.
Let simmer until ready to serve. Mmmm!
Turkey Chili Mac with Bacon
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced Anaheim green chile or other mild chile
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 36 ounces broth I used chicken
- 10 ounce can Rotel diced tomatoes mild
- 4 ounces tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 packet dry Ranch Dressing Seasoning
- 4 cups cooked Ditalini pasta (slightly underdone)
- 20 strips cooked crumbled bacon pieces (I used the microwave ready)
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion, red bell pepper, green chili and garlic. Cook and stir until softened, about 5-8 minutes.
- Add turkey, salt and pepper. Cook until crumbled and browned. Add broth, tomatoes, tomato paste, cumin, chili powder, garlic salt and Ranch Dressing Seasoning. Stir to combine.
- Stir in cooked pasta and bacon pieces. Simmer on low until ready to serve. Serve with chopped green onions if desired.